**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mutant Champion Buffs!! Who will turn out better??

Comments

• Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    Colossus
    colossus has damage reflected back on his parry, and it looks like he also has a stun built into his well-timed block so that could be a way around machoism, pumped for him.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★

Also forgot to mention but Colossus's base damage may have been increased for all we know. Same goes for armor and block proficiency. So while it appears that OML is better on paper, Colossus may have gotten base stat increases that make him superior. Also im sure that regardless of damage, Colossus is still gonna a btch to take down

You are probably right. Like they did with LC. Went from pillow hands to kick ass.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Old Man Logan

As a reminder, any information that is gained through illegal datamines, and is not officially announced by us is not final. The information here is not necessarily indicative of what we intend to Beta test, or will be the final product.

Additionally, we hadn't mentioned Old Man Logan because there was no guarantee that his rework would be finished in time, or be released. We're getting close now, but there's still that chance it won't happen.

You can’t tease us with all that and not Buff him surely?

I guess you didn’t tease us, but it’s all 99% legit, as you just confirmed the OML.

Plus despite Collosus winning the vote by a mile, OML is getting much better treatment, so I hope it does come good!
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

As a reminder, any information that is gained through illegal datamines, and is not officially announced by us is not final. The information here is not necessarily indicative of what we intend to Beta test, or will be the final product.

Additionally, we hadn't mentioned Old Man Logan because there was no guarantee that his rework would be finished in time, or be released. We're getting close now, but there's still that chance it won't happen.

You see, you say all of that to save face, but data mines have been 99.9% accurate. Don’t get mad if it gets leaked. Embrace it!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

You see, you say all of that to save face, but data mines have been 99.9% accurate. Don’t get mad if it gets leaked. Embrace it!
    What he said is 100% true. Leaking information before its intended release and final phase is against the TOS. It's also not the final product, so it is misleading. Especially with things so early in their stage.
    As for embracing it, if people were leaking information from my company, I would do the exact opposite of embrace it.
  • DjkrdjjDjkrdjj Posts: 444 ★★
    Old Man Logan

Siliyo said:

What he said is 100% true. Leaking information before its intended release and final phase is against the TOS. It's also not the final product, so it is misleading. Especially with things so early in their stage.
    As for embracing it, if people were leaking information from my company, I would do the exact opposite of embrace it.
    Why not
    They help the company by giving early reactions
    Whenever these specific data mines come out it
    gets me hyped
    Sure most datamines are bad but these specific ones about character leaks just get people excited about the game
    Djkrdjj said:

Siliyo said:

Why not
    gets me hyped
    Sure most datamines are bad but these specific ones about character leaks just get people excited about the game
    All data mines are bad when the information is acquired by illegal means and released to the public before the company intends to. It's like someone breaking into your Bakery, telling the customers about the new Pastry you're coming out with, and expecting you to be happy about the excitement it's generated. Lol.
    The final say rests with Kabam and there are reasons things are released when ready. Not from someone stealing the info through combing the data.
    edited July 2019
    Old Man Logan

Djkrdjj said:

Siliyo said:

Why not
    gets me hyped
    All data mines are bad when the information is acquired by illegal means and released to the public before the company intends to. It's like someone breaking into your Bakery, telling the customers about the new Pastry you're coming out with, and expecting you to be happy about the excitement it's generated. Lol.
    The final say rests with Kabam and there are reasons things are released when ready. Not from someone stealing the info through combing the data.
    If Kabam really cared they would go through legal means and sue the data miners
    However even they know that these specific dataminers i.e Otriux, McOc trucos. Are actually helpful to them
    I and many others can say that these datamines are some of the only reasons we log in at the end of the month
    @Kabam would lose a lot of playtime from me if not for otriux and McOc trucos

Siliyo said:

You are going off-topic. You more than anyone stress this, so I have no idea what you are doing. This a “who will be better?” post, not a “is leaking ok?” post. Why do you insist on starting arguments wherever you go? How about just say who you think will be better & move along.
    Your Post is based on incomplete and data mined information, so it's pretty much a guessing game. Posting data mined info on the Official Forum of the game will most likely have some kind of reaction. Just saying.
    Old Man Logan

Siliyo said:

You are going off-topic. You more than anyone stress this, so I have no idea what you are doing. This a “who will be better?” post, not a “is leaking ok?” post. Why do you insist on starting arguments wherever you go? How about just say who you think will be better & move along.
    Your Post is based on incomplete and data mined information, so it's pretty much a guessing game. Posting data mined info on the Official Forum of the game will most likely have some kind of reaction. Just saying.
    No one posted dat mined info
    U r the one with incomplete info
    They posted ideas about data mined info
    V1PER1987 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Siliyo said:

Why not
    gets me hyped
    That’s a pretty bad analogy. Not really comparative at all. And Miike already commented. Can’t you just respond to the thread or not at all?

In fact if this is illegal datamining, why does this thread still exist? Why is it still open and why are the screenshots still posted?
    It IS illegal data mining. Hence the comment from Miike. I would be glad to comment on the information if it was complete and accurate but it's not. That's my point. As for why it's open, it's still a discussion.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Siliyo said:

Why not
    gets me hyped
    That’s a pretty bad analogy. Not really comparative at all. And Miike already commented. Can’t you just respond to the thread or not at all?

In fact if this is illegal datamining, why does this thread still exist? Why is it still open and why are the screenshots still posted?
    It IS illegal data mining. Hence the comment from Miike. I would be glad to comment on the information if it was complete and accurate but it's not. That's my point. As for why it's open, it's still a discussion.
    If it’s illegal then this should’ve been removed immediately as it is against TOS. I’ve seen other threads deleted when the information contained was similar to what was in the OP
    Old Man Logan

V1PER1987 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Siliyo said:

Why not
    gets me hyped

If Kabam really cared they would sue the dataminers
    But even they know they help them out
    I like many others at the end of the month only play to grind for materials because of the hype from datamines from Otriux and McOc Trucos
    edited July 2019
    Old Man Logan

We all know Date Mines are not 100% accurate, we’ve known this for years. You are just beating a dead horse trying to troll us 😂

Sorry for ruining ur thread
    It’s hard to not resist the temptation of trolling
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Djkrdjj said:

Siliyo said:

Why not
    gets me hyped

If it’s illegal then this should’ve been removed immediately as it is against TOS. I’ve seen other threads deleted when the information contained was similar to what was in the OP
    Perhaps. In this case, he chose to clarify that the info was illegally data mined and allow the discussion to continue. The conversation is not my argument. People can discuss if they want. My point is the argument that data mining is good, and always accurate, is not something I agree with. To be honest, I would love to register a view if I knew the info was something concrete. Here we have incomplete data mined info that hasn't even gone to Beta yet, so it's up in the air. All I can pretty much say is I'm glad they're considering OML as well.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Old Man Logan

colossus has damage reflected back on his parry, and it looks like he also has a stun built into his well-timed block so that could be a way around machoism, pumped for him.

Back to the discussion at hand, I didn't realize he could be a possible hard counter to masochisim. If he does, Sabertooth would no longer be the only counter to it.
    right, so working on the assumption that all the information provided is a "what if" scenario, like any other reasonable person would and not feel offended by the means by which the info was obtained...

I dont think Colossus's "well timed block" ability would bypass masochism since the stun would still be a debuff that maso would consume.

Proxima is able to bypass masochism due to the -200% ability accuracy reduction on blocks.

based on the info presented i think they both have solid potential and i could definitely see them both making it to my AQ or questing teams, or maybe even make OML useful on a Omega, Sabretooth AW synergy team.

• KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    edited July 2019
    Old Man Logan

I'm not aiming at any reaction. I can't say who I think will turn out better based on data mined info that may ot may not come to pass. There are so many variables in that. If I knew for a fact the information was what was coming, I could make a comparison. All that's possible now is a blind guess.

What's wrong in taking a blind guess when there are literally no consequences for it? Are you afraid of being wrong or what?
    Guessing who would evolve better is all the fun after seeing a rough version of what a champion could be after it's buff.
    You can't be wrong or right here since op asked for a subjective and the needs of everyone are different somebody might have voted for Colossus because they need a good Havok counter while others voted for OML because they need a good bleed champ.
    Also i voted for OML beacuse he seems better in terms of sustainability and damage but Colossus isn't looking bad either.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Assuming the champions released as they've been datamined - which is not guaranteed and no one should hold Kabam to unauthorized data dives - I think there's a good chance they end up situationally even. I don't think either completely outdoes the other. I think OML's advantages are obvious, but I don't think people are giving enough credit to Colossus' situational attack advantages because they are a bit tricky to think through. He has a buffed parry which both gives him armor (which indirectly buffs his crit damage) and can deal damage back to the attacker. And he has an unblockable SP2. That combination might make him interesting to use against auto-blocking champs.

The "when ability accuracy is below 100%" thing took me a minute to consider. If I am understanding that correctly, if you're attacking defenders that can glance, say Ant Man, then glanced attacks have reduced offensive ability accuracy. Colossus will be getting twice the power for every such attack that lands. If you're fighting champions like, say, Taskmaster or Domino you'll basically be getting double power on attacks throughout the fight, since your offense AA will pretty much always be below 100%. That could be interesting.

His signature ability can stack up armor very fast when fighting things with debuffs that he's immune to. This could make fights against Mephisto or Morningstar interesting.

I suspect there's something we don't know about Colossus or the implementation is still in flux, because I have no idea what boosting his armor *during* special three would do. Special three attacks don't have a "duration" in the combat sense: there's no way to get hit during (your own) SP3, and increased armor wouldn't affect damage over time effects because they don't tick during your SP3 attack. And unless that counts as an armor buff, it won't affect Colossus' own special attack damage.

OML seems to be the more straight forward attacker. If it bleeds, go ham. If it doesn't bleed, stick to SP1. Colossus seems to be the more situational attacker requiring potentially more situational tactics. But he also seems to be the better "go both ways" champion: decent on both offense and defense.

PS: I'm really curious to see what happens when Colossus fights certain foes like Iceman and BPCW. I wonder if BPCW can reflect both stuns simultaneously on parry, and I wonder if the double stun will break Iceman's armor and then land an actual stun. Combined with coldsnap and frostbite immunity that could make Colossus an effective Iceman killer.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I would laugh soooooo hard if they didn’t release OML buff that was data-mined. You really should push it back just to spite the mines.