**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus question

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
Hi, I'm trying to understand a little ... "quirk" with Corvus .. probably working as intended, but anyway ...

So that ability blurb, basically comes down to : "Hit them, and it's a crit. Lose a glaive charge." (basically ... )

However, I've noticed that the 2nd hit in a combo (ie the first light) doesn't seem to always crit?
Of course, it also doesn't use a charge? So wondering why that is .. if it's intended .. etc. etc.

example:

In this video (slowed down) .. note the 2nd hit in combo is not crit .. all glaive charges available .. as seen in above pic, no nodes active (just for confirmation: Variant 4, classic difficulty, 2-2 .. Moon Knight boss)

https://youtu.be/bQkmn6YZzK0

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s not an attack with the glaive
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Its only a guaranteed crit when Corvus uses his glaive(his staff blade thing) to hit the opponent. Only his first and last medium, as well as his 2nd-4th light hit uses his glaive to hit the opponent. His 1st light hit is with his fist or something and not using his glaive, thus the first light hit will NOT be a critical hit.
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    If you watch the animation you’ll see that it is a punch and, as has been said above, not with the glaive. The first light attack therefore never crits.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Ahh .. rewatching it .. you're right .. I totally missed that .. !! :)

Ok, that makes sense ... I never really noticed he was throwing a punch, just thought it was an odd back swing of the glaive!!

LOL

Ok, all good, makes sense! :)

Thanks!
  • Just to confirm what has been mentioned, he doesn't use his glaive for his first Light attack so it won't use one of his Glaive Charges. You can use this to get a little bit more damage out of his combos while conserving Glaive Charges. I usually do MLM combos myself, though if I'm really trying to stretch out those Charges, I will just do a 2-hit ML combo.