**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wow. I am late to the Ronin party, but...

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
...holy cow, do I freaking love the character and his design/kit.

I only recently got him at any rarity, 3 stars. I hadn't had time to really do anything with the character.

Then the floodgates opened and now I have him at other rarities, and I sat down tonight to learn how to use him, and I love how Kabam did it.

Before anyone takes my head off: 1. I am NOT saying Ronin is one of the greatest characters in the game, and 2. I am not saying the character's DPS is suitable for every single piece of content.

I am saying that for someone who plays like I do, with preferences for utility and the ability to choose how I play as far as offensive vs. defensive, this character is the epitome of how I would've designed a kit.

Again: I don't play the game just for DPS output. There are enough characters out there who have that as their calling card, and I have enough of those to do what I need to do.

But since I didn't really have Ronin at all until recently, I just wanted to pop open a thread, see if any longtime players stop in and see if I can learn any tricks of the trade, because I definitely intend to master this character and his kit.

Thanks to anyone who stops by and comments!

Comments

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    yeah same I pulled a 4 star Ronin from a PHC and I was like "heck why not" and ranked him up a bit he's really fun to play and overall a decent pull
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    All he needs is armor break in bleed immune match ups and increased attack for each bleed and armor break and he is god tier. Still a great champ.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I’ve been waiting for you to say something about the character. Severely underrated in my opinion. I cycle back between 1 and 2 hit combos until his charges are built, s3 then s2, but typically my fights never last long enough to pull that off. Mine’s a 5* currently at r4. After you build up the charges it’s just all about choosing the stance that serves that fight, as someone who enjoys hitting into blocks a lot, being able to cause bleed through block is fun for me.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Once the resources come raining down I will R5 my 5*. He is quite handy to have and extremely fun to play with.
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    On my alt acc I pulled him as my first 4* and wow, he cleared so much content for me.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    He's fun and he's actually okay with suicides as you can shrug off the debuffs with a couple of cycles. His problem is that other champs do just about everything he does but better.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    I like his play style and animations, but I generally have a hard time justifying bringing him over NF in any sort of difficulty content.
  • Rerun_9Rerun_9 Posts: 109
    Pulled a 5* Ronin a week ago as my 6th 5*. Was extremely relieved since I knew he wasn’t a trash champion like my past 5* champs. But once I saw some videos on how to play him I can use him like a beast now. I would truly love to awaken him for some higher damage output. Definitely not the best champ but I love using him. He’s my top champ sitting a 3/45
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have my Ronin at r4, I was going to take him up to r5, but I figured that since he doesn't need the dupe, I will wait until I pull him as a six star and take him up to r2 instead. I absolutely love Ronin, I think he is one of the funnest champs added in the game and he's so useful. In my opinion, he is the best Thing counter and I use him for every problem Thing in the game outside of timed fights (He's good at dealing with Thing, but his damage isn't high enough to take one down in three minutes). His main issue is that his bleeds are way too weak
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    When I pulled my 5 star I took him to 3/45. He’s one of the gunner champs in game if u can play aggressive and really taught me tricks of intercepting. Being able to change stances by hitting into blocks makes him awesome. Just like hitting into block makes sentinel viable to ramp up. It really is a fun play style especially with the synergy that lets u out bleeds by hitting into block.
  • His playstyle is one of the most fun I have experienced, though I still need to get him at a higher rating.
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    He is my only current awakened 6* & I am so tempted to R2!