**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New icons missing [Merged Threads]

OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
edited April 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues

First noticed the banners for the pre release icons were missing and the crystal art.
Device is a Samsung note 9 in perfect maintained state (plenty of storage, everything up to date, cache been cleared, phone restarted etc). Just the new stuff missing which seems odd
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    Tried restarting
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Just uninstalled the game and it's a lot worse now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    So I've figured out it doesn't happen when I'm on data which is quite strange, they stay and after cached. Why would my broadband ISP be filtering images?
    Tried the usual with the router, set everything to default, restarted it and checked online reporting no issues, speed test comes back fine and the internet works fine on my phone and laptop.

Anyone had similar? I'm on Virgin Media in the UK btw.
    No, I'm on the same side. When it loads on data it doesn't come in instantly, takes a while. Best guess maybe there is some port kabam uses for images which virgin may think is either dodgy or its part of the throttling nationally with everyone working at home.
    The game itself runs fine, but today for example, the splash graphics for the morningstar arena were missing, toggled data to get them on.
  • ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    Y_T said:

Wow I have exactly the same issue. Raised it a few posts back. Virgin Media UK as well.

I am also on virgin media and have the same issue
  • NumerousMagooNumerousMagoo Posts: 13
    Exact same issue. Missing icons everywhere. 10-15 seconds to load main fight menu any time you go back to it.
    Saw you posted in that other thread about this too.
    Exact same issue. Missing icons everywhere. 10-15 seconds to load main fight menu any time you go back to it.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    weird idk
  • SuperStewSuperStew Posts: 4
    Same here. Ever since I switched sides too

• GraewoodGraewood Posts: 59
    Exact same issue here, I made a video to demonstrate what it looks like on mine.

Running Samsung Galaxy S8 on the latest version of android. Happens on both wifi and network data for me.
    Also uninstalled and reinstalled (for a different issue the other day) but hasnt had an impact.

Any thoughts would be appreciated @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit 👍

• GraewoodGraewood Posts: 59

Actually just reloaded the page a few times and had this show up.
    Looks like a placeholder asset?
    Seems to be new icons. An uninstall and re-install is even worse as it doesn’t load almost anything!
    Yes, even some placeholder assets on the front slideshow. Just the ISO Sphere.
    @Kabam Miike can you shed any light on this? It’s a massive pain in the butt and is getting worse every time I log on
    Never mind I’ve fixed it. Was a wifi problem
    Not a WiFi problem. Everything else working perfectly. I've tried everything. Happening on mobile data and WiFi even after a Re-install. Can you explain exactly how you fixed it @SuperStew
  • GBearSmithGBearSmith Posts: 45
    Y
    Yep its annoying.
    In on s10 and have uninstalled and reinstalled game twice and still happening.
    Also getting input lag parry and block not working. Attack just stopping during combo.
    The bugs this month just get more and more. Its just like when dungeons were first released, too much content for the servers to handle
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225
    as an IT guy i can tell you, this has (probably) nothing with reinstalling - your local image cache is corrupt.. Clear your cache (settings->apps->MCOC->clear data button on android), then they will be re-downloaded from Kabam server correctly after next start of the game :smiley:
    Ktashak said:

as an IT guy i can tell you, this has (probably) nothing with reinstalling - your local image cache is corrupt.. Clear your cache (settings->apps->MCOC->clear data button on android), then they will be re-downloaded from Kabam server correctly after next start of the game :smiley:

I'm in IT too, this isn't device specific.
    It is happening in IOS too, and there's no way to do that there aside from a full re-install which hasn't fixed the issue for me.

This has suddenly started happening to at least 6 people I've talked to now.

We didn't all suddenly get corrupted data.
    All three of my iDevices didn't all suddenly get corrupted data at the same time either.
    Something's gone wrong server side.
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225

Ktashak said:

It is happening in IOS too, and there's no way to do that there aside from a full re-install which hasn't fixed the issue for me.

All three of my iDevices didn't all suddenly get corrupted data at the same time either.
    had this problem once on my android and clear data helped me.. I think it's caused by some changes of images ( cached files from "web" has their lifetime)
    Ktashak said:

Ktashak said:

had this problem once on my android and clear data helped me.. I think it's caused by some changes of images ( cached files from "web" has their lifetime)
    Thanks but like I said, you can’t do this on Apple Devices.
    And a reinstall doesn’t work. So there’s obviously something else afoot.
  • Hey there everyone, the team has been alerted and is taking a look into this.

Hey there everyone, the team has been alerted and is taking a look into this.

Good stuff. I submitted a ticket with a video & album of images attached if it helps the team.

Speak to Graene @ Kabam Support. Thanks @Kabam Zibiit

Just noticed A lot of items in my overflow that I can't even identify what they are as you can't tap those!
  • Hiu3bossHiu3boss Posts: 40
    Some images are not loading and ate being replaced with a white box. Is this a common issue? If not how can i fix it?
  • Envi1Envi1 Posts: 17
    Just tested the connection with WIFi turned off and everything seems to be working fine, is this an issue only UK players are having?