**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What We're Reading: Tigra and Hit-Monkey

edited June 2020 in General Discussion
Greetings Summoners,

This month introduces some wild new Champions that we’re stoked to see enter the Contest. Though they bring some impressive new abilities to the Contest, we know some of you are curious about what makes them tick and what kind of impact they’ve had in the comics. In order to help out with that, we asked around the team and gathered up a short list of favorite arcs or issues featuring Tigra or Hit-Monkey that you can check out below!

For Hit-Monkey:

Hit-Monkey (2009)
  • Hit-Monkey (2009) #1 by Daniel Way is his origin story and a good place to learn how a mundane macaque became a master assassin.

Hit-Monkey (2010)
  • Hit-Monkey (2010) "YEAR OF THE MONKEY" by Daniel Way is a good limited series for how he came to terms with his task of becoming an assassin and avenging his tribe.

Deadpool (2008) Vol 2 #19-20
  • Deadpool (2008) Vol 2 #19-20 "Whatever a Spider Can" by Daniel Way is an arc filled with fun Deadpool antics as he tries to team up with Spider-Man to investigate a series of murders and has a run-in with our own Hit-Monkey.

For Tigra:

Tigra (2002)
  • Tigra (2002) by Christina Z was a series part of the team read for their research and shows some of the struggles she deals with as a solo hero and member of a team.

The Cat (1972)
  • The Cat (1972) by Roy Thomas shows her origins as the hero known as The Cat.

Giant Size Creatures (1974)
  • Giant-Sized Creatures (1974) by Tony Isabella is actually the first appearance of Greer Nelson as Tigra, after she gained her mystical powers.
Those were some of our team’s favorite stories, but we’d love to hear from you too. Do you have any favorite issues or arcs featuring Tigra or Hit-Monkey? Or are there any stories of the other Champions released this year that you think your fellow Summoners would enjoy? If you have any recommendations, be sure to share them in the comments below!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    I admit i was thrown off by Hit Monkey wearing gloves on his feet 😂😂😂
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    hit monkey is a dope character in the comics
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    Didn’t know that Tigra was such a Patsy Walker fan.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
    So is "the Cat" and Tygra the same person? I thought the character pictured above was the marvel heroine "Hellcat" whose real name is (as mentioned earlier) Patsy Walker.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    GMAX77 said:

So is "the Cat" and Tygra the same person? I thought the character pictured above was the marvel heroine "Hellcat" whose real name is (as mentioned earlier) Patsy Walker.

Nah they're definitely completely separate characters. Makes me wonder if they're reading this then is hellcat otw too?