**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Shang-Chi need Sig for Wushu strikes into Block?

altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
Does Shang-chi require awakening his sig ability in order to be able to activate bonus Wushu strike effects when hitting the block?

From Champion Spotlight:

Wushu Strikes:
All Wushu Strikes start Readied and can be performed by Landing Hits or Striking into Block with a series of specifically ordered Attacks. Performing a Wushu Strike Unreadies it indefinitely for the rest of the fight.
The last hit is a Guaranteed Critical Hit, provides 1 Chi Charge and activates bonus effects:
Signature Ability - Master of Kung Fu
Passive:
Critical Hits deal a burst of 20% of hit damage as Physical Damage.
Shang-Chi can perform Critical Hits through the Opponent’s Block. Personal abilities that trigger on Critical Hits will trigger through Block.

My interpretation is that the Wushu description says it can be performed either by hitting, or hitting the block. The last hit is a Crit and activates bonus (like Stun or Slow).

However, the Sig specifically mentions being able to perform Crit hits through the block (which I understand from the damage perspective), but then additionally mentions part I italicized in the sig about abilities triggering through block.

I guess the easiest question is what happens when an unduped Shang-chi does MM into a block. Does Slow debuff apply? Do you still gain 1 Chi charge?

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    I have an unduped r5 Shang chi for 2 months... I can confirm that they do get stunned while mlllm on block.
    I haven't explored his abilities much and I don't how impactful is his dupe!
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Nope, the dupe is mainly just a major damage boost
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Great, thanks.