**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will 6-star max sig crystals change with the introduction of 7-stars?

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
See topic.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    They should also have max sig 7* crystals from the beginning unlike the 6* max sig crystal that was non existent
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Of course the max sig crystals will change. The current ones are unprecedented. Once we have a new rarity they will be normal max sig crystals.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Of course the max sig crystals will change. The current ones are unprecedented. Once we have a new rarity they will be normal max sig crystals.

I appreciate the sentiment and optimism, and I hope you’re right, but I’ve learned better than to say “of course it will be updated.” (Looks at glory store, summoner advancement, 3-day rewards, event quest completion)
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

This exactly, Kabam has set a precedent for what a Max Sig Crystal can be for the current Max Rarity. I think in general the community accepts what Kabam came up with and it is certainly a lot better than getting nothing.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    I could see a few possibilities...

one: they start giving about 4% of a 7 star on day 1 (apparently November 7th)
    two: they stay as they are, and don't change until 7 star crystals can actually be opened
    three: Kabam does something new and original

Having clarification what it will be like at the release so one doesn't have to experiment by opening would be nice to know... but if that has to wait until the release notes come out... I wouldn't be surprised.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Answer: No.

After the November update, 6* max sig dups will start dropping a new crystal that contains 7* shards. Because they are dropping an entirely new crystal after the update, the old ones are not being changed.

Because people have been asking, and I know some people are hoarding, I specifically asked about this (because I didn't think they would be updated), and Kabam should be posting official clarification about this soon.

I've combined all the Save for November stuff into one PSA post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/317988/psa-if-you-are-holding-6-shards-or-crystals-until-november
  • Hey Summoners!

Happy to shed some insight on this one:

When we release the November build, we will be introducing a new version of the Max Signature Ability Crystal that will provide 7-star shards; the name will remain the same.

Similar to needing to update to the November build to acquire 7-star shards, you will need to update to access the new crystal.

Any current 6-Star Max Sig Crystal existing in a Summoner's stashes will not be updated or adjusted.

TLDR;
    Same name, new art, new description, new rewards, no changes to currently owned crystals.