**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bugged node in SQ?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Dave7099 said:

Shang chi works well. Slow him then knock him down

Galan ignores the protection

So does Elsa with a few Busted.
    Void works as well, if you have patience and Dex skills.
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    It’s quite a hard path too so I don’t think I’ll be able to clear it itemless with the bugged node
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    This is called out of touch with the game lol
  • Graves_3 said:

You cannot slow mutants. There’s a reason most of that path is mutant opponents.

i can slow with quicksilver but not shang chi both apply the same debuff. And still doesnt answer why i need to knock down twice to remove protection
    Shang chi cannot slow mutants or specifically one cannot slow opponents with class advantage. The rest of the node seems to be bugged though
    I'm so confused loool. When i use chi charge on storm while she has the unstoppable, it goes away, as if slow worked, but the debuff doesn't appear. But yes everything else is horror
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    R_jay0027 said:

DrZola said:

Key point that should be made in the node is that you can’t special intercept. Also, finding intercepting doesn’t always remove the passive unstoppable.

Dr. Zola

Okay I thought that was just me. Few time I swore I intercepted and got blown up.
    Yes. If the node *is* working correctly, then I’m quite sure there is a frame rate issue that is registering my intercept a split second late. Mainly—because I’ve intercepted in this game a few times before.

Dr. Zola
  • Mpd1Mpd1 Posts: 97
    Galan and Kitty. Scorp for Mojo using venom synergy.
  • The team is looking into this a little deeper.

Will update as more information becomes available.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/UtOZTjbgVUs
    This is how it worked for me.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Why must they continue to have these ridiculous node combinations while input issues and poor AI exist. Fix the game first!!!!!!
    R_jay0027 said:

DrZola said:

R_jay0027 said:

DrZola said:

Key point that should be made in the node is that you can’t special intercept. Also, finding intercepting doesn’t always remove the passive unstoppable.

Dr. Zola

Okay I thought that was just me. Few time I swore I intercepted and got blown up.
    Yes. If the node *is* working correctly, then I’m quite sure there is a frame rate issue that is registering my intercept a split second late. Mainly—because I’ve intercepted in this game a few times before.

Dr. Zola
    Yes I know you are a better more experienced player than I.
    Was comforting to know someone like yourself said it. Cheers
    Not at all! That wasn’t directed at you—it’s just frustrating when you perform an action you have done thousands of times in game and the result is sideways. Seriously didn’t mean it that way at all!

Dr. Zola
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    It seems how someone said its gonna work which is the unstoppable activating first which then as its thinking there unstoppable u cant knockdown u can test this with a slow champ as i tested with sg and if u use a heavy she applies slow and protection goes on cooldown so its thinking newtons law node is going up before the protection node which is making this interaction of the first knockdown not removing protection
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited February 2023

Did galan’s own unstoppable prevent theirs and allow for the protection to go down? If that’s the case if you have unstoppable from besides the node does that work as well?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

Did galan’s own unstoppable prevent theirs and allow for the protection to go down? If that’s the case if you have unstoppable from besides the node does that work as well?
    Not 100% sure. It was bang bang with the node Unstoppable and the Galans but I've noticed a few times where after the nodes unstoppable runs out, I can deactivate protection and it won't trigger the unstoppable.
    edited February 2023

Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but here’s Nimrod. Built to Sp2, heavied. Then intercepted to claim the unstoppable and dropped Sp2. Still Protection.

Dr. Zola

Edit: One more time. Protection eventually went down, but not upon intercept. It took another special delivered to drop protection. At a minimum the description probably needs to be reworded.

Double Edit: Can confirm
    The knockdown doesn’t get rid of protection. I had to (a) knockdown, (b) intercept while unstoppable to claim unstoppable and (c) perform another special to remove protection.

Here’s CGR:

Kabam Jax said:

The team is looking into this a little deeper.

Will update as more information becomes available.

Thank you Jax.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    Darn, had to use a few revives because I wanted to get it over with (to do Grandmaster).

Also, I noticed a few times that when protection was OFF they somehow went unstoppable (maybe after a knockdown).
  • Mister_pl0wMister_pl0w Posts: 104
    edited February 2023
    I got through it but I had to use a couple pots to top up. I had to;

Parry->heavy->intercept->parry->heavy->hit

It sucked considering the way the ai is behaving of walking forward and spamming block making it difficult to intercept.
    edited February 2023
    One more—It seems like the coding is (1) not removing protection on a knockdown, (2) permitting protection to remain up after even after an intercept following a knockdown within the timer window and (3) requiring an extra hit or two after intercept but also during the timer to remove protection.

In this pic, the third hit of Nimrod’s Sp2 removed protection from Sinister—which muted damage from the first two hits and dramatically reduced damage dealt.

Dr. Zola
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Dave7099 said:

Shang chi works well. Slow him then knock him down

Galan ignores the protection

Galan worked for me. Good call.

Havok was still hard.
  • Ended up wasting a few revives, which is a shame. Glad to hear that it's being looked into, though. I knew something was off
  • IMWeaselIMWeasel Posts: 80
    Ya this was really annoying
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 163
    I really hope this node it bugged because this is just dumb
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Are these nodes just for level 4 and 5? If they added them to level 3 or below that seems a bit punishing for uncollected players. I've only had time to do level 5 currently.