**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is immunity mini boss Medusa immune to Magik sp1 nullify?

INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 957 ★★★
Nullify is not a debuff. I fought Medusa on this node (far right mini boss) many times and every time I use sp1 with my Magik to nullify one of the furies, I see "immune"

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Nullify is considered a debuff against some nodes. Don't know how that works exactly ...
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I think it works the same way as Vision's power drain for example. while it's not a debuff, its a negative effect.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye's Power Drain also doesn't work against Debuff Immune nodes, whereas Magik's SP2 Power Steal and Vision's SP1 Power Steal works. No idea why
  • Options
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike any idea?

Not off the top of my head. I'll ask the team about this.
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    I think it might be because it removes the buff then deals damage, counting the entire thing as a debuff. I do hope it’s a bug and is fixed soon though, I don’t have any nullify champs that work on the right mini boss in war.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    It would be nice if buffs, debuffs, passive and active worked consistently everywhere so you could 100% predict their behavior. Wouldn’t it be nice...
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    It's probably champ specific and you'll be able to nullify with some other champ. Like how Dorm is able to power drain on a immunity node but HE isn't, or how Vision can power burn but DV can't. Lots of inconsistencies
  • Options
    Anonymous2354Anonymous2354 Posts: 44
    While you're at it @Kabam Miike can you ask the team why Voodoo's l2 even combo buff power burn counts as a debuff? It doesn't work against debuff immune I can provide photo or video evidence if necessary.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Same with AQ. I tried DV once on the immune path and when got the buff to power burn which burns power with each hit I saw immune
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    DV's power burn triggers Crossbones' sig ability as well. No actual debuffs placed, yet still somehow "converts" them into furies with each hit.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Youl never get an answer. I’ve askef about Hawkeyes power drain against immunity node for over a year. They shove me aside. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    I can confirm this. Used Magik against Hyperion on full immune AW mini and her L1 didn't nullify Hyperion's power gain buff. This is a bug
  • Options
    Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    @Kabam Miike please move this to Bugs / Knows issues section of the forum
  • Options
    mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I think it works the same way as Vision's power drain for example. while it's not a debuff, its a negative effect.

But his power drain work against that sub boss
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @mfleury I realized that from the comments after, but I distinctly remember a conversation where it didn't. So either something has changed from when my friend and I had that conversation, or its inconsistent
  • Options
    Anything on Voodoo's power burn? Not the power drains from odd combo sp2, but the power burn from even combo sp2. They are buffs on Voodoo, not debuffs on the opponent, so they should work against debuff immune/not trigger Crossbones' sig shrugging off debuffs.
  • Options
    Same for Hawkeye's sp1 power drain.
  • Options
    mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    Hey Guys,

Looked into this with the team. Turns out that this is a bug with Magik's Sp1. Her Nullify is contingent on the bonus damage that she deals when triggering it, which is currently performing as a Debuff. We're working on a fix right now.

Thank you for bringing this up!

As @Kenny292 said, there is probably a bug with voodoo as well. Vision is able to power drain in that node but voodoo can't (on sp2 even combo, of course)
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    can someone enlighten me, has this been fixed?
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Does it benefit the player?

Answer no, so most likely not fixed.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hey Guys,

Looked into this with the team. Turns out that this is a bug with Magik's Sp1. Her Nullify is contingent on the bonus damage that she deals when triggering it, which is currently performing as a Debuff. We're working on a fix right now.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you all know that this fix is now live.
  • Options
    KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    Anything on Voodoo's power burn? Not the power drains from odd combo sp2, but the power burn from even combo sp2. They are buffs on Voodoo, not debuffs on the opponent, so they should work against debuff immune/not trigger Crossbones' sig shrugging off debuffs.

I think they already fixed that in earlier patches !! didn't they?