**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Characters DON'T Need Nerfed

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
I've seen many threads talking about how characters like Star Lord need nerfed. No. They do not. Characters are made differently and are set up for different scenarios. Some characters like Scarlet Witch are consistently good. Some like Gamora are great at ending fights quickly, but are bad at long battles. Others like Star Lord are built for long fights, and don't excel at getting the job done fast, but can take down bosses well. Some characters are great, and some characters suck, but we shouldn't be trying to make the great characters worse. We should make the bad characters, like Luke Cage and Howard the Duck, much better. So many characters aren't consistent, but don't excel at long or short battles. They're just overall bad. Stop trying to bring characters down to the bottom. Remember what happened with Dr. Strange? People complained about him, even though he wasn't overpowered, and now he's a steaming pile of dog ****. What happens in these forums is that a few guys who can't break their normal fighting routine encounter something that's unique is that they **** themselves. They then jump on here and complain about someone needing a nerf. Then, a nerf occurs, and the other 99% of the Contest of Champions players who didn't think that the champ was too good go insane. This endless cycle of nerf shouts need to end. If you want a character change, then make a character better. You shouldn't get in the habit of wanting champs to be worse, because it screws with everyone who has them. If you want a character to be better, you should check out my profile. In my threads, I've started one about characters who need buffed or changed. Let me know what you think!
-CrusherOfDreams

Comments

• Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Agree 100% good post!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I've seen many threads talking about how characters like Star Lord need nerfed. No. They do not. Characters are made differently and are set up for different scenarios. Some characters like Scarlet Witch are consistently good. Some like Gamora are great at ending fights quickly, but are bad at long battles. Others like Star Lord are built for long fights, and don't excel at getting the job done fast, but can take down bosses well. Some characters are great, and some characters suck, but we shouldn't be trying to make the great characters worse. We should make the bad characters, like Luke Cage and Howard the Duck, much better. So many characters aren't consistent, but don't excel at long or short battles. They're just overall bad. Stop trying to bring characters down to the bottom. Remember what happened with Dr. Strange? People complained about him, even though he wasn't overpowered, and now he's a steaming pile of dog ****. What happens in these forums is that a few guys who can't break their normal fighting routine encounter something that's unique is that they **** themselves. They then jump on here and complain about someone needing a nerf. Then, a nerf occurs, and the other 99% of the Contest of Champions players who didn't think that the champ was too good go insane. This endless cycle of nerf shouts need to end. If you want a character change, then make a character better. You shouldn't get in the habit of wanting champs to be worse, because it screws with everyone who has them. If you want a character to be better, you should check out my profile. In my threads, I've started one about characters who need buffed or changed. Let me know what you think!
    -CrusherOfDreams

Sorry to disagree Sir, no champ should be able to reach 10000 attack damage regarless of combo or not! If SL gets cap at 5000 attack increase he will still be top champ!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    -CrusherOfDreams

Sorry to disagree Sir, no champ should be able to reach 10000 attack damage regarless of combo or not! If SL gets cap at 5000 attack increase he will still be top champ!

A Champ that reaches high Damage after many hits is not a God Tier Champ. Especially when it requires skill to avoid getting hit. I believe you're confusing a strong attack with being OP.
    This guy ww2cap is calling for a SL nerf when he has a SL in his roster he clearly has lost his mind! See his star lord post if you want some laughs!
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I liked your posts about how to make champs better. That's how Rhino got to be better and how Magik got to be God Tier. SL is not god tier as some may think. Yes, he is great, but it take a great player to make him even better.
    Agree with riegel
    SL is GOD tier!
    SL is GOD tier!

I don't think you understand what the God Tier was, and what made it so.
    Just flag his spam and move along. He profile is littered with spam and abuse and LOL and the forums are like 3 days old.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    Star Lord is one of the rare characters that sucks to bad players and makes life great for good players. Don't try and change it. There are so many characters like Abomination and Black Bolt that do the exact opposite. They get worse and less effective the better you are at fighting. We should all be cheering for more characters like Star Lord.
    Star Lord is one of the rare characters that sucks to bad players and makes life great for good players. Don't try and change it. There are so many characters like Abomination and Black Bolt that do the exact opposite. They get worse and less effective the better you are at fighting. We should all be cheering for more characters like Star Lord.

I think he wants more champs like Hulk where the worse you do the better you are. Till you die you know.
    Here's the thing, guys. Characters like Black Bolt and Abomination have abilities that trigger when you are hit. The better you get at fighting, the less you get hit. This means that the better you are at getting a decent combo going, the worse the character is. Star Lord is the only character I can think of off the top of my head who is considered bad when you start out, but is more effective the better you are. Kabam has made no move to make champs like Black Bolt and Abomination more effective for good players, so they shouldn't make a move to make Star Lord more effective for bad players.
    Here's the thing, guys. Characters like Black Bolt and Abomination have abilities that trigger when you are hit. The better you get at fighting, the less you get hit. This means that the better you are at getting a decent combo going, the worse the character is. Star Lord is the only character I can think of off the top of my head who is considered bad when you start out, but is more effective the better you are. Kabam has made no move to make champs like Black Bolt and Abomination more effective for good players, so they shouldn't make a move to make Star Lord more effective for bad players.

Dont forget old man logan and groot too!

Dont forget old man logan and groot too!

Did you just go from arguing with me to agreeing with me? I'm not sure what you mean. I have little experience with either of these characters, so I'm not sure how effective they are relative to user skill.
  • clcubingclcubing Posts: 29
    -CrusherOfDreams

The reason he doesn't need a nerf is that you need skill to get that high of an attack, and it takes a long combo.
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    SL isn't even that great other than LOL which was not intended for 99% of the player base. What we do day to day even at Tier2 and above is clear AQ and AW nodes. The number of hits required to clear these nodes until you reach the boss minimally favors SL if at all. A regen champ that takes 20% more hits to kill each node is still overall as effective if not more than SL. Below tier2 when each node has even less HP, I'm fairly sure there are many champs that out damage SL and clear these faster than him.
    BDLH wrote: »
    SL isn't even that great other than LOL which was not intended for 99% of the player base. What we do day to day even at Tier2 and above is clear AQ and AW nodes. The number of hits required to clear these nodes until you reach the boss minimally favors SL if at all. A regen champ that takes 20% more hits to kill each node is still overall as effective if not more than SL. Below tier2 when each node has even less HP, I'm fairly sure there are many champs that out damage SL and clear these faster than him.

This is true. Most times, the fight ends before you get 400 hits landed on the opponent, let alone in a combo. His ability reaches full potential very rarely. We should applaud those who can get him there, not call out the character they used as OP.
    edited May 2017
    Long in short, Star Lord is great at long fights and not good at short fights. He's sub-par to begin with, but becomes one of the best in the game as the fight goes on. Even when he gets a 400 hit combo, he's still not the best. I could make the case that Wolverine is better than him. If you're going to call out nerfs, at least call them out for characters that are in the top 10 throughout the entire Contest, and not just for good players in certain scenarios.
    edited May 2017
    Old man logan and groot require being hit to use their abilities just like BB is. But BB was fixed already he gets abilities offensively!
    Old man logan and groot require being hit to use their abilities just like BB is. But BB was fixed already he gets abilities offensively!

That doesn't make him rewarding to use. They changed him up a bit, but they need to keep going. Apparently Old Man Logan and Groot do as well. You're just proving my point that Star Lord doesn't need nerfed, but these guys need buffed.
    Guys, come on. CapWW2 is ignorant to the fact that he's only showing how I'm right, but we shouldn't be reporting him. That's just childish. Don't report someone unless they've done something wrong. He's allowed to have his own opinion.
  • Nico010915Nico010915 Posts: 41
    I wouldn't even pay attention to those posts. CapWW2 and Coathanger are Kabam trolls. I called Coathanger out for being a Kabam employee because he slipped up on something he said and I caught it. And I kid you not my post along with the thread disappeared in the matter of minutes. And for the jealous people, which there will always be and wish to take down everyone with them, who don't have the characters get over it. Eventually you will land the character. And if you come up with the ridiculous excuse that the content is to easy for you because you claim to have said character then don't use them.
    edited May 2017
    Is there a reason Mayhem and Coat all flag the same posts? Are they brothers, or work in the same office or something?
    Riegel wrote: »
    Is there a reason Mayhem and Coat all flag the same posts? Are they brothers, or work in the same office or something?

Some people report things for no good reason. I wouldn't worry about it unless they attack you directly, at which point you should defend yourself. So far, I don't think they have, though. You should be fine.
    Does everyone agree here? Anyone disagree?
    edited May 2017
    Yes. I agree. The last thing we need is more nerfs. Lol. Both because there really isn't a need at the moment, and because we can't go a day without seeing the word "nerf". Lol.
  • Hey All,

Everybody is free to have their own opinion. Disagreeing with them is fine, but there is no need to start threads calling them out or berating them for having an opinion they wanted to share.

It's not cool, and it's not allowed.
This discussion has been closed.