**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Computer getting head start after player executing special three attack [Closed]

DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,682 Guardian
edited May 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I don't have video evidence of this one, but I've seen an oddity twice now that suggests that the game is not properly "freezing" enemy AI controls during special three animations. I thought I was seeing things the first time, but just now I was grinding in the arena and fighting with Agent Venom against Black Bolt. I used a special three attack against him and when the special three animation ended Black Bolt was actually in mid-air in the middle of doing an attack. It visually appeared as if Black Bolt started his attack about half a second before the special three animation ended.

I did not experience any apparent lag or other glitch, the gameplay was smooth at that time and there was no noticeable pause between the end of the special three animation and the resumption of combat. Its just that the computer AI appeared to have gotten a head start before control was returned to the player.

I'm playing on an iPhone 6s, and I only experience occasional lag or stuttering. I haven't all day today so far. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this: I only noticed this issue very recently. The previous time I thought I saw this was yesterday, so this has so far not been a common problem for me.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    This has been around for a while. It's true regardless of who triggers the SP3, the AI will be on top of you upon completion, moreso when fighting more aggressive, higher-level AI champs.

I've had a few fights where I would essentially be cornered by a duped Juggs already hitting me as his SP3 finished. Made some of those AW/AQ Boss fights really suck.

At this point, I typically don't use my SP3 unless I know it will end the fight. SP2's end up doing more damage and I can better plan my next moves.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,682 Guardian
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    This has been around for a while. It's true regardless of who triggers the SP3, the AI will be on top of you upon completion, moreso when fighting more aggressive, higher-level AI champs.

I've had a few fights where I would essentially be cornered by a duped Juggs already hitting me as his SP3 finished. Made some of those AW/AQ Boss fights really suck.

At this point, I typically don't use my SP3 unless I know it will end the fight. SP2's end up doing more damage and I can better plan my next moves.

Perhaps this is platform dependent or something else, but prior to very recently I can barely remember this ever happening, and now I've seen in three times in the last few weeks. Odd.
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 237
    Got to love getting that Hyperion SP3 to the face on AW then immediately after that getting hit with his Heavy attack before you are even able to regain control of your champ.
  • Options
    PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    iPhone7 10.3.1
    Mordo! You can try and block the moment the animation stops, or hold block during (like charging towards each other before fight begins). Mordo is the one enemy where it is every single time.
    @DNA3000 are you saying after YOUR sp3 animation, the enemy is already attacking?
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Yeah this appeared in game a while back. Sometimes they are so on top of you, you can't even block.
  • Options
    NightFalconNightFalcon Posts: 19
    I've been flat on my back from antman sp3 and can see him throwing punches while I'm still laying down

This exact thing happened to me last night while I was fighting in arena. It wasn't a problem for winning the fight as I still won, but I took a lot of damage from not holding down block upon the immediate end of the spcl 3 animation from Antman. I was just trying to hit my spcl 2 to finish off the fight and ended up getting combo'd into the corner.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    I've noticed this vs Mordo and Hyperion. They come out of their L3 special and are already mid-attack.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Sometimes AI just has zero recovery time. Specials nearly mid-heavy attack is another offender
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. There are a handful of reported issues currently that all seem to relate to AI reaction speed. This is something that's currently being worked on, and should hopefully have improvements in for the coming update. Thanks for your patience while we work on this!
This discussion has been closed.