**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What 15.0 war means to Us players..

15.0 update is a welcome change for some people if not the majority but the problem is with the removal of defender kills .. we can all agree that this is a money grab move and removes the skill factor from alliance war ( the reason f2p play players exist in top Allie's ) I think that defender kills should return along with some randown tickets as well . Why the rank down tickets ? Many people I know and many oppennt we faced took up mediocre charcters like hulkbuster and antman as a 5* to r4 to put on thorns and became a team player ..but now they're getting pushed aside by the new update and their efforts are somewhat useless . Another reason for rank down tickets is people took up black widow for one thing and one thing only thorns (atleast The people I've talked with ) 12.0 nerfed her but still people used her ..now what's she gonna be for Spidey killing ? Nah cap wwII and archangel does a much better job and can be used anywhere removing the little utility be had ..what are your thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    my immediate thought was that removing defender kills was a money grab. it lessens skill and strategy needed
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Defender kills should always stay as part of the scoring system. People rank up champs specifically for defense, and removing nodes that people had upgraded champs to place on/defeat changes too much. The main reason people would give up is because the rewards didn't match the resources needed to to continue.

If you are in a big mismatch, eliminating defender kills still does nothing but give people false hope that they can buy a victory. It's no longer about skill, now it's just willingness to spend and still come up short on tie breakers.
  • Options
    Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I think using this for rank down tickets aren't valid because they didn't change a champion. I also have mixed feelings on the defender kill idea. I like that with the update if we get to a boss we can practice on him without consequence where as before, we just wouldn't fight him if it were a close match and didn't have to.

I also think that before you get too upset about them changing the thorns node you should wait and see what they are putting in. They mentioned something about diversity of defenders.
  • Options
    War is by far my favorite mode in this game. With creating yet another money grab (6* included in that..what a joke), I find myself contemplating quitting this game for good. Kabam is listening to the whales and doesn't realize very soon when all the F2P to medium spenders quit this game, there will be nobody for the whales to play. Thus the game will be killed completely. Its already hard enough for new players to even come close to where a 2-3 year player is at.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    War is by far my favorite mode in this game. With creating yet another money grab (6* included in that..what a joke), I find myself contemplating quitting this game for good. Kabam is listening to the whales and doesn't realize very soon when all the F2P to medium spenders quit this game, there will be nobody for the whales to play. Thus the game will be killed completely. Its already hard enough for new players to even come close to where a 2-3 year player is at.

What part is hard for a new player? Why do I need to be close to an end-gamer?
  • Options
    Tener mejores defensa y ataques es mi pensamiento
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    SubTypical wrote: »
    F4k3_GaM3r wrote: »
    Yup the whales need someone to face and they're killing us off it seems

People don't realize it, but this really doesn't impact any whale milking. If anything it hurts Kabam's ability to milk.

The top "whales" (either spenders or highest in skill) finish 100% AW as it is. What decided a win/loss was the defender kill points. Now this will be defense diversity points as the deciding factor. So alliances will be forced to place champs that aren't ideal for AW defense to get those points, making the fights easier, so that fewer items will actually be needed.

Not only is this a highly unpopular move by Kabam, but they're shooting themselves in the foot in the process.

Agreed. Biggest unknown factor right now is how difficult the new nodes will be and how difficult it will be to 100% the map. No doubt that top alliances will have 100% clears all-around and it will come down to champ diversity as the tie-breaker like you said. 150 defenders, around 120 total champions in the game, so we will be seeing easier defenders lol.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Yeah definitely will be interesting to see how the diversity will change the AW landscape.
  • Options
    TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    I think you guys miss the most important part of what this update really means. It means we are officially playing the role of Canteen Boy.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    As long as degen isn't on the map I'm good with the change.

They are adding more degen in place of thorns, which is awful since you can't use BW or CB to avoid that. Those long fight champs like HB and Antman will be fine there, but I'd love to rank down Falcon right now.

Also, the skirmish thing is nothing but trouble brewing. I already see officers putting their crappy champs on good paths just to try and get a kill, which only serves ego and vanity at this point. Now your'e going to reward them for that by giving extra gold per kill? You're going to have every selfish leader/officer putting their champs on the best spots all the time now.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I don't understand how this is a money grab? In my tier I have always seen people spend, and have lost some wars because of it. Its still a 10 item cap so people will still be using just as many items as always. Ive never seen people not spend in regards to concerns about defender kills since it very very rarely played a big impact in scoring. Has always come down to boss kills and exploration.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I stopped reading as soon as I saw Rank Down Tickets.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Someone made a valid point in the other discussion, healers can now just slowplay and timeout if they are losing, no point loss, start the fight again and heal
  • Options
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Someone made a valid point in the other discussion, healers can now just slowplay and timeout if they are losing, no point loss, start the fight again and heal
    Im not sure if Im understanding what you're saying. But in current wars if you time out it doesn't count as a defender kill
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    15.0 update is a welcome change for some people if not the majority but the problem is with the removal of defender kills .. we can all agree that this is a money grab move and removes the skill factor from alliance war ( the reason f2p play players exist in top Allie's ) I think that defender kills should return along with some randown tickets as well . Why the rank down tickets ? Many people I know and many oppennt we faced took up mediocre charcters like hulkbuster and antman as a 5* to r4 to put on thorns and became a team player ..but now they're getting pushed aside by the new update and their efforts are somewhat useless . Another reason for rank down tickets is people took up black widow for one thing and one thing only thorns (atleast The people I've talked with ) 12.0 nerfed her but still people used her ..now what's she gonna be for Spidey killing ? Nah cap wwII and archangel does a much better job and can be used anywhere removing the little utility be had ..what are your thoughts ?

im more aggravated that we have 5 mini bosses now at the same difficulty as the current 3 and we don't get anymore rewards for winning or losing wars
  • Options

im more aggravated that we have 5 mini bosses now at the same difficulty as the current 3 and we don't get anymore rewards for winning or losing wars
    That is highly annoying. Ill have to look at the thread on it again, but I seen it mentioned that degeneration will be replacing thorns. Which Id have to say makes war even harder, in my opinion.
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    My first thought was "No Carnage fix..."
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    wSWeaponX wrote: »
    Maybe that's why that "bug" where you couldn't see defender kills popped up a while back

Didn't even think of this. Its clear as day now that you mentioned it.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    R4GE wrote: »
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Im not sure if Im understanding what you're saying. But in current wars if you time out it doesn't count as a defender kill

Yes it does. Restart the app and you'll see the kill
  • Options
    Are you talking about timing out by force closing the game or just fighting until time runs out? If time just runs out it does not give a kill