**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red cyclops

CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
I am going to make my case about this champ.

1. Everyone hates him. The fact that he is worse than Spider Gwen or She hulk gives a lot left to say.
2. He is the leader of the x-men.
3. His attack is very low. He is also known as pillow hands.
4. His armor break is ridiculously short. 5 seconds, really kabam?
5. His specials are very boring.
6. Red and blue cyclops are just the same champ with difference in armor break time. Almost identical abilities.

Now Kabam:

Please seriously, lets give some love to an iconic character. We need here a Winter Soldier/Punisher type job. Why does this character has to have one of the lowest damage output in the game.

Why he has to be this bad. Please do something about this. Almost everyone has him. He us a price for ROL and LOL. He is an iconic figure pretty much. Did you notice post 12.0 every single MCOC member deranked cyclops.

You worry about creating new amazing champs and you are doing a great job. But dont forget your core champs.

Cyclops deserve a fix. You tried to fix him but you came up way short.

Comments

• Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    OG Cyclops feels a million times better than Red Cyclops. He armor breaks more (doing more damage), it feels like he hits harder anyway with his specials, plus he gains his first bar of power faster than pretty much anyone else (with the exception of Mordo and Hyperion). Plus Blue Cyclops has better synergies. Red Cyclops is just a fail all around.
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I feel like Cyclops had very good damage pre diminishing returns, now his laser feels too soft.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I agree but definitely not worse than she hulk, people have successfully done a legends run with him post diminishing returns so he isn't completely useless while shehulk is literally a worse version of luke cage
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »
    I agree but definitely not worse than she hulk, people have successfully done a legends run with him post diminishing returns so he isn't completely useless while shehulk is literally a worse version of luke cage

How is She Hulk worse than Luke Cage? At least she has really good output with parry/heavy. LC has nothing.
  • Options
    AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    Both cycs got hit with the nerf hammer hard post v12. I think it was probably unintentional on Kabam's part but between diminishing returns and armor break no longer going negative neither hits anywhere close to as hard as they did before. It down to them and iron fist as to who lost the most utility in the post v12 environment without a specific intentional nerf.
  • Options
    My sig 70 1/25 Cyclops sucks man. That’s why he stays at that rank. I pay attention to his damage in arena (which is where you would see the highest numbers because no nodes and somewhat equal PI and CR) and it is pathetic. His beams without crit do roughly 100-200 damage or maybe 250-300 with class advantage. On a crit it might break 1,000-1,100. Are you kidding me? Mutants are supposedly known for their high special damage and my basic hits are doing more than my specials. The damage is outright pathetic and he needs to be looked at. Both of them.
  • Options
    Viper1987 wrote: »

How is She Hulk worse than Luke Cage? At least she has really good output with parry/heavy. LC has nothing.

Yeah her heavies might hit hard but the parry heavy method takes so long her dps is still garbage, I wouldn't even attempt it but a friend of mine did a ROL winter soldier kill with 3/30 she hulk and luke cage, both took well over a thousand hits and she hulk's heavies were still terrible. Their stuns are the same, they both have a type of immunity, they both are next to useless on offense so that brings the last point of defense. At least LC has physical resistance and ability to survive a few hits at the beginning so he is a little tanky, it's not much but at least its something.
  • Options
    And kabam talks about balance in the contest:

Pre 12.0 cyclops was a good champ. Kabam never adjusted his damage output.

Balaced in the contest:

Black Spidy has a whooping 80 seconds duration. How can you justify 5 second duration????????

How about damage output. Some champs are capable of going 5000 attack. Cyclops is just depressing to have or use.

I would:

Give him concussion abilities that reduce defense abilities to trigger.

Increase his armor rating reduction on specials.

Increase his armor break.

Give him an special ability when he triggers sp3 in addition to the armor break that allows him to increase his attack at least anywhere between 500 to 1000.

Come on kabam, I know you read this forum. Do the right thing and give cyclops some love. Rhino, WS, Punisher, hulk all got the love they deserved why not cyclops.
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »

Yeah her heavies might hit hard but the parry heavy method takes so long her dps is still garbage, I wouldn't even attempt it but a friend of mine did a ROL winter soldier kill with 3/30 she hulk and luke cage, both took well over a thousand hits and she hulk's heavies were still terrible. Their stuns are the same, they both have a type of immunity, they both are next to useless on offense so that brings the last point of defense. At least LC has physical resistance and ability to survive a few hits at the beginning so he is a little tanky, it's not much but at least its something.

j4isclp1kfwu.png

Not “might” they hit considerably harder. In fact she gains a fury buff that gives her roughly 150% additional attack power with that combo which way blows LC’s attack power out of the water. I will definitely concede LC being superior in defense but She Hulk is way better for attack
  • Options
    What kills me is the ridiculous attack damage and super low armor break, like come on really? He might be the worst mutant champ. Even old man logan is better.

It is just plain depressing to watch!

• Options

j4isclp1kfwu.png

Not “might” they hit considerably harder. In fact she gains a fury buff that gives her roughly 150% additional attack power with that combo which way blows LC’s attack power out of the water. I will definitely concede LC being superior in defense but She Hulk is way better for attack

Even though they hit hard like I said since the parry heavy method takes significantly longer to do, her damage while seemingly better than LC's it is still terrible. When my friend did the testing on ROL like I mentioned She-Hulk actually did not kill winter soldier noticeably faster than luke cage because again landing a heavy then parrying takes longer than quickly intercepting so their damage per second is actually pretty close . It's the same problem Nebula has, she can kill opponents in lower hits but her charge method takes so long her damage per second is still very bad. Yes she hulk is slighty better on offense compared to LC but she is still a terrible attacker compared to most other champions, even kamala khan has better damage output. She has no clear use anywhere in the game, even bleed immunity LC has is rarer than the poison immunity she hulk has and he has a clear use as a defender. I'm not saying LC is good , he is still terrible shehulk is just slightly worse
  • Options
    The fact that we are bringinh up she hulk in a cyclops discussion leaves a lot to say. She is better than him also.

Kabam where are you?

We are way overdue for a champ update!
  • Options
    JarekJarek Posts: 64
    this topic will die and nothing will change... sadly.
  • Options
    ShadeadShadead Posts: 28
    His special damage is terrible. Unfortunately, I was dumb and ranked him up because I thought Kabam might let us rank 5 stars by now. So 4/55 Red cyclops sp1 on crits hits for maybe 5-6k if I’m lucky. His sp2 does maybe 8-9k at most. My 5/50 SpiderGwen hits for 12-26k on sp2 just to give a comparison of how bad his damage is lol.
  • Options
    Why all the post related to champ updates have to be ignored. Kabam needs to fix cyclops. They did amazing job on Hulk, Rhino etc. why not cyclops, worst mutant champ by far. Having such a bad champ is so depressimg it makes me want to quit the game.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Iron fist and Cyclops tell good ole day stories at the unemployment line...
  • Options
    Lol you have good sense of humor!

Lets make this post the mist viewed post to see if we get a response.
  • Options
    Kabam i am waiting for a response!!!!!
  • Options
    RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    I agree with this, I'm a huge cyclops fan (dude is my favorite mutant) and i feel like his beams are not doing his character any justice. He doesnt need to be the best mutant in the game but u barely get 2k damage from his specials as a rank4 4* (even with the dupe). I'd like to see him get revamped because i really wanna bring my 5* version past rank2 but at this stage it won't help me at all.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    The only time he was ever any good was with the leadership synergy with black bolt and red Mags
  • Options
    The_One wrote: »
    The only time he was ever any good was with the leadership synergy with black bolt and red Mags

Wrong he used to do higher damage pre 12.0. He needs an adjustment just like other useless characters. Including DD netflix.

The fact that he is a clasic and a price for ROL and LOL is enough to realize he needs really something else to be decent.

My favorite x-men and he is pure poop. How about permanent armor break stacks on SP3. He also needs concussion just like his son cable. His beams are concusive beams.

• Options
    wajlthut3phh.jpeg

• Options
    Kabam read the above abilities. This cyclops situation is really a disgrace to the leader of xmen.