**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW rating win/loss system changed too?

If we lose we drop 107 rating points, if we win only up 23.... What is up with that? I cannot see how that helps anyone. The reward tier to difficulty has changed too. I'm lost here as i didn't see anything about these changes coming. Did I overlook it? Or is this off? Anyone else find this backwards? Losses will wreck ratings now, and bouncing back will be much harder. The old rating system worked just fine. So why mess with the one of the few things you had right with AW? ESPECIALLY if it comes down to Defender Diversity for a win? Seems like AW just got a bit messier. As if people weren't irritated before.

Comments

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    Just means you got an easy matchup based on war rating and should win.
  • Options
    MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    ++ me too .. now on tier 6 i can win +15 or lose -85 vs normal ally like us
  • Options
    Not really. We're evenly matched with Alliance rating and overall players. It's down to the wire. We stand to loose a bunch, and gain very little.
  • Options
    Hrmmmm..... @Maledrac is there a drastic difference in War rating? Or are you guys close? Probably close in over all Alliance rating though.
  • Options
    If this is how it's always been, then this is a 1st for me. Just trying to figure it out.
  • Options
    MaledracMaledrac Posts: 93
    Hrmmmm..... @Maledrac is there a drastic difference in War rating? Or are you guys close? Probably close in over all Alliance rating though.

near with rating ( we 3,6kk they 4kk) but we are on 1300 they 1240
  • Options
    Yeah. We're both 7 mill and they had a much lower war rate. I think that's the deal. The lower war rate gets the higher points now, and the higher war rate gets less. I think... not 100% sure.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    The plus/minus is solely based on war rating. You guys being 60 points higher in war rating is what causes this. Kabam thinks you should win that match.

However, I would note that losing 109 in war rating isn’t that big of a deal. It really only matters if u are on the lower cusp of the war tier you are in. What it will do is allow u to (hopefully) face an easier opponent the next war.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    +26/-104 for our current war
    Tier 3 and I've never seen such a huge difference before
    Our last was was like this as well: +56/-7X (don't remember the exact figure for loss). Was a normal war—8.3m (us) vs 8.04 (them)
  • Options
    @Run477 - war rating isn't everything when it comes to AW. Overall rating matters just as much. Seems like a few others have had the same issue as we did. It's fighting an uphill battle for points is what it is in the end. 23 war rate points each war will take FOREVER to get into another reward tier. The loss sucks too, but c'mon. Matchmaking is not doing this right is what I see. Why should we have less of an opp for points for winning before? That makes NO sense. All I can see is Alliances are getting the shaft yet again. @GbSarkar @Haji_Saab do you agree? Is this just another way to slow us down?
  • Options
    Well it would appear it was a "one off" for us. We went back into the correct difficulty level, and the points make more sense this round. Still haven't entered attack phase to see if our opponents are of the same ratings though. So yeah, I feel a bit vindicated by the majority of the responses here showing we weren't the only ones to experience things being....off.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    c3i9ot2gdsob.jpg
    Very large difference in war rating. What's up with that?

It also doesn't seem to be an isolated issue since several alliances are seeing this. Add to it the fact that Kabam increased the AW search time from 3 to 7 hours, I'm pretty sure Kabam tweaked with matchmaking