**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Yondu Arena

HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
How much should I aim for if I want to grind out a Yondu?

Comments

• Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Yeah, probably 3.5
    I’m gonna go for 4 to be safe, though
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I'm grinding Yondu to wake him up (already R4, 4/40) ...... I'll probably do 4M-4.5M, considering this is one of the good one in TECH, after SL, Starky, Ultron, Vision (both), Rocket, Doc Oc, and on par with Nebula ...

I think Nebula is around 4++M, so I would assume it is safer to grind Yondu around that, especially the other 4* featured is Loki (the weakest Mystic, although not the weakest in the whole MCoC)

However, luckily there'll be also the T4B arena starting tomorrow so someone will spend some time over there, so this will avoid the cut-off for Yondu for going too high

May I also add that, Kabam just removed the VALOR REWARD from the 4* Featured arena (no more valor in milestone rewards and ranking rewards), so less ppl will attempt on that from valor perspective.

4* Basic (God tier, New) + 4* Featured (Crappy, Old) + No Catalyst Arena = High Cut-off for 4* Basic
    4* Basic (God tier, New) + 4* Featured (God Tier, New) + No Catalyst Arena = Upper Mid Cut-off for 4* Basic
    4* Basic (God tier, New) + 4* Featured (God Tier, New) + Catalyst Arena = Lower Mid Cut-off for 4* Basic
    4* Basic (****, Old) + 4* Featured (God Tier, New) + Catalyst Arena = Low Cut-off for 4* Basic
  • Options
    shchong2 wrote: »
    However, luckily there'll be also the T4B arena starting tomorrow so someone will spend some time over there, so this will avoid the cut-off for Yondu for going too high

T4B arena doesn't affect cutoff scores in basic. When the cutoff score is around 4 million, *most* of the players that get the basic champ score over 6 million (we have self-reporting data going back years on arena). The only people who the T4B arena might affect are the players that are capable of scoring right around 4 million *maximum* and decide to shift their attention to T4B and it costs them points.

Would you?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    IT depends
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    T4B arena doesn't affect cutoff scores in basic. When the cutoff score is around 4 million, *most* of the players that get the basic champ score over 6 million (we have self-reporting data going back years on arena). The only people who the T4B arena might affect are the players that are capable of scoring right around 4 million *maximum* and decide to shift their attention to T4B and it costs them points.

Would you?

It depends, at least:-
    1) it WILL AFFECT how much points I put up for 4* Basic (without extra catalyst T1a, T4b or T4cc to grind, I can keep going on to be extra safe, to also do solo event milestones)
    2) it will ALSO AFFECT how many ppl even plan to do the MINIMUM points to get ranked, to get extra 75 or 100 4* shards. More ppl doing bare minimum will help lowering the cut-off, less ppl doing bare minumum will not help lowering the cut-off
    3) More arena to grind means limited time, max is 3 days (catalyst is 2 day), and ppl only have that much time left per day minus eat/sleep/work/school/etc.

Thanks for your input, but I'm not seeking your opinion. Anyway, I gave my opinion to OP, you gave your opinion to OP, we can END this conversation now.

Let other ppl the chance to reply to the OP instead.

Thanks.

• Options
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Thanks for your input, but I'm not seeking your opinion.

That's fair. It will, of course, have exactly no impact on which posts I choose to reply to, since saying someone has posted factually incorrect information is not solely for the sake of influencing the poster's opinion.
  • Options
    Ryu19Ryu19 Posts: 4
    I got 19227 rank . do u think i m eligible for 1-10% rewards ?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Early reports are that the cutoff was just under 4.2M points.
  • Options
    Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    Did 4.9mil and Got Yondu
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Got him. I did 5.19 million. 7509 rank. Duped him.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I did around 4.7M for Yondu, per replies in Trucos FB, the potential cut-off is likely to be around 4.1M-4.2M (some ppl missed him @ 4.1M). I hope the mid-week 4* Basic Arena for Yondu is lower than the weekend one. Hopefully 3.5M for OP. All the best!
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Missed him @ 4.1... That hurts
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Yes I bet being that it was like 4.136m
  • Options
    Thanks guys...Just curious how much time did you put in? I did like 5 hours grind over 3 days and I got 1.2. Obviously missed...
  • Options
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Thanks guys...Just curious how much time did you put in? I did like 5 hours grind over 3 days and I got 1.2. Obviously missed...

It took me eight or nine hours to get just over five million.

The larger your roster, the more points per hour you will be able to make. Masteries can also affect your scoring rate.

The basic is pretty much never going to go for less than 1.5 million because that's where the last milestone is. If the 4* basic champ was a mannequin with no attacks it would go for 1.6 million. If you intend to be an arena grinder, do not be discouraged by your low score. Work on being able to get to the last milestone first. Once you can consistently get there, work your way up to about 2.5 million. That will allow you to snag the less in-demand basic champs. That will increase the size of your 4* roster - if you grind arena, there's no such thing as a bad 4* champ.

Eventually you will be able to get at least 400k per hour or so, and then 500k. With a strong ranked up 4* roster 600k per hour and even 700k per hour on a good day will be possible. That same 5 hour effort will be over three million points.
  • Options
    OK. Thanks @DNA3000 that really helps a lot!
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Here's some fun math: with an "average" complement of 3/30s and 4/40s, a few with synergies, you might average 19,500 pts per series, or 6,500 pts per battle. To get 6 million at that clip, for example, you'd need around 307 series wins. If a series takes you, lets say, 5 minutes on average, that's a little under 26 hours over 72 total hours. Or, if you have a stacked roster and get 33k per series, you can do 5 hrs a day. Math is fun!
  • Options
    ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    @HeroBoltsy maybe u keep loosing your streak n go back to 1x?? Try google "mcoc arena infinity streak". @DNA3000 is right too I started off aiming 1.5 then 2.5 currently averaging 3.5 cause I dun have much champs to put in...
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »

@HeroBoltsy, here's something you can consider:-

1) Optimize your mastery to maximize for PI for arena (check out Trucos) <--- not necessary, but still a valid option
    2) Build your roaster, for 3* max out as much as possible, for 4* get almost all to minumum R3 (except 2 sandbagging at R1) but try upgrading more & more to R4 and R5
    3) When selecting 3-in-a-team, can select 3 that have synergy so their have slightly more PI hence slightly more points <--- again, could be more troublesome than beneficial
    4) If you have higher level champs use them first before lower level or lower stars
    5) If you have too much 3* arena boost and inconjunction with ITEM used event and SA event, u can open arena crystal and use 3* boost as much as you need
    6) If you have some good precious 4* arena boost, and if you are willing to spent UNIT, u can enable the boost (15min or 30min), and pick your top3 highest champ, keep using UNIT to refresh them as fast as possible, fight as fast as possible to win, and repeat the refresh process until the boost expires
    7) For each round of fight, try to get 3/3 wins instead of loosing 1
    8) Try using better phone with better OS, likely faster loading in btw fights, may end up saving you 1 or 2 hours over the course of 3 days. <--- I'm with Android, loading in btw fights are so long, I always nap for 10 second after each fight for resting my eyes
    9) If you are busy and can't fight, login and place your champs in arena, and then exit <--- few hours later after you returned, u can resume the fight, but those champs have already completed their 2-hour refresh cycle (7 hrs for 5* champs)
    10) Always maintain INFINITE streak, pls refer to this post @ https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/203971#Comment_203971

Good luck and all the best!
  • Options
    Here's some fun math: with an "average" complement of 3/30s and 4/40s, a few with synergies, you might average 19,500 pts per series, or 6,500 pts per battle. To get 6 million at that clip, for example, you'd need around 307 series wins. If a series takes you, lets say, 5 minutes on average, that's a little under 26 hours over 72 total hours. Or, if you have a stacked roster and get 33k per series, you can do 5 hrs a day. Math is fun!

It shouldn't take five minutes per series, unless its an Android device with very bad load times. I can generally do at least 20 rounds an hour, so three minutes per round (at my fastest its probably 23 or 24 rounds per hour). At 20 per hour, 300 rounds would take about five hours a day. 300 rounds would also be over 7 million points for me.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    My 4* 3/30 teams average 22k points per team. 4/40 average over 25k and 5/50 average around 33k. With 60 champs in my lineup, that's around 500k points to go through them all. Every team has at least one synergy, several have 2+. It's the only part of the game where I care about synergies since it boosts PI = more points.

Additionally, if I'm just pure grinding, I can do one fight per minute (between loading screens, picking champs, etc), so just like that I'm at 500k/hr.

Compare that to my 3* maxed teams that only get 18k per round. 6 months ago, they were the heart of my grinding team. Now they just fill the time while I wait for my 4*.