**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is MODOK ever going to get addressed?

So there's been this problem with MODOK since he was introduced and I've seen a great number of threads regarding it here. Basically, you are hitting him with a combo and he auto-blocks in the middle of it. Fine, that's kind of his thing. But then, between the auto-blocked hit and the next hit, MODOK is somehow able to take an action before the next hit! Sometimes he just backs up, but if he has enough power for a special, he can just squeeze one right in there! So between any two hits of a combo, he can auto-block and hit you with a special.

This seems reminiscent of the days when evaders could evade and retaliate in one motion, between the hits of a combo. I also want to point out that the time between hits of a combo, especially when you're at a high level and the speed of the game is high, is minuscule. I mean, in the span of one second, you can get 2-3 hits in. So the time between 2 strikes is in the 0.3 second range.

So to all the wanna-be elitists, let me cut you off at the pass, I'm not asking for a nerf. I'm asking for a bug to be fixed. Obviously this is a bug since that is not enough time to recover from normally blocking a hit and subsequently taking an action (I mean, I can attack a normal blocking opponent all day and never have one squeeze in a special between hits), and it's certainly not something his delve describes him as having.

I don't feel the need to explain the rating of the characters or the device I was using etc. because it happens at all levels, in all quest types, on all devices, as evidenced by the many, many previous threads posted by users experiencing the exact same thing.

Comments

• Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    put yourself in MODOK's shoes for a second. if the AI is coming at you slow enough, you can slip out and do the exact same thing you described. Heck I do it all the time. However the difference between me and the AI is that I don't have the reaction time to slip and use a special in a direct ensuing moment.
  • Options
    Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    First, no you can't. You can slip out on an evade if the AI delays their hit a little (which I will admit they do pretty frequently), but if they chain each hit back-to-fron-to-back etc. the way YOU do when you're attacking, you are stuck blocking it all the way out.

Second, that would make sense if every champ could do that while normal blocking a combo. Go ahead, attack a blocking enemy (sans autoblock) for a combo, see how many times you can get one to slide back and/or throw in a special. I say and/or because if you reread what I said, he is using it right away, not just backing out and using it. There's usually a bit more of a delay if he backs out first and uses it and I can react.