**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Dups

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    I would venture a guess that they're aware of this as well. We just had an Event that gave an opportunity similar to what I suggested, and one of the reasons given was to make it easier to Dup Basics, if I'm not mistaken. Didn't have such luck, but I'd support a more permanent installment like it.
  • Options
    Whether it would be Dungeons or not really doesn't matter to me. The Crystal model is good.
  • Options
    SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    20 5*s. Not a single dupe. ☹️
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I'm at 19 now, no Dups. Doesn't matter who I Dup actually. I'm not really concerned with going for the Top Tier. Don't get me wrong, the more useful the better. Lol. Just the ability to Dup in general that concerns me.

Quake, Mephisto, Phoenix, AV, LC, Mags, Blue Clops, OG Spidey, HE, OG BP, Rhino, Gams, VP, Beast, Miles, Sym, MK, Juggs, and CM.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Seriously. If you're not going to add anything constructive to the discussion, don't enage with me. I've had enough of this little exercise. The Thread is not about RNG just because I mentioned it. I am concerned about the increasing difficulty in obtaining 5* Dups, considering it takes significant effort and time to amass them, and that more and more will be added to the Crystal. I asked how people feel about a Class Crystal as well. If you would like to register on that, by all means. Otherwise, I can see you grasping at the first chance to dog on an issue that I personally have, because you took one comment out of it, missed the forest for the trees, and jumped at the chance to make me look like some kind of hypocrite. Which I am done with.

You complained about RNGesus not giving you the champs you want (dupes) but then you say the post somehow isn't you complaining about RNG and not getting the champs you want?
    And then you get all sooky when the inevitable happens, and your hypocrisy is thrown right back at you?
    You, sir, are magnificent. I literally LOL'd at your hubris.

Yes. The mention of RNG doesn't mean the Thread is about RNG itself. Not a hard concept to grasp when you're not looking for ways to hate on me.
    Scurvy42 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

RNGesus may already be disappointed with your lack of faith, careful lest you suffer his vengeance! ;)

Maybe head down to coal harbour and offer a sacrifice to the Vancouver hq? Im not sure what would be appropriate, maybe some oct17th, or vij's takeout?

:smiley:

Hahaha! This made me laugh. I'll admit, I was a little frustrated when I posted this. Just finished Master and I was waiting for a chance at a Dup. I just think it would be helpful if we had a way to increase the odds of them. I think one of the reasons people are hammering for Gems is it's so difficult to pull Dups. I'm sure they're meant to be rare. I just feel the frustration. One Crystal after another. I'll get one eventually.

That’s all RNG, whether you can comprehend hiprocisy or not. Usually people make angry posts after they’ve had a bad streak of RNG which looks like what happened here. It’s no different from people complaining on the forums that they keep pulling low-tier champs like spidergwen, she-hulk, etc which is met with the same response RNG is RNG. You might pull a dupe your next crystal or not til your next 10. Kabam has been introducing a ton more 5* shards than before, so you’ll be getting more chances vs the growing pool. It doesn’t hurt that the new champs recently have been awesome, so pulling someone recently added is likely a great pull.

If you just need a dupe so bad at this point, there are a good amount available through Act V, Labyrinth, and occasional offers. There’s no fundamental difference between a first time dupe and an awakening gem + stones, they are practically the same result minus extra shards/iso. Hope that answers all your questions.

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. It is different because people keep saying the Drop Rate is greater for "trash Champs". Which warrants saying it's just RNG. Literally out of context.
    As for more Shards, that's not a solution to the issue I'm expressing, and they're not that much more available so as to make a difference. At least not for the people under the top 5%.

I understand exactly the point you’re trying to make, it’s still all RNG related. The more new champs you continue to pull, the higher chance your next pull will be a dupe. You said you have 19 5*s which I’m sure you worked hard for but it’s not a whole lot. Pretty reasonable or even a bit unlucky to not have a dupe with 19, but again that’s RNG. The whole point of a dupe is to unlock a champion’s signature ability, which is accomplished the same through an awakening gem. There’s also arenas and FGMCs for players to “target” more specific champions or champion dupes. People will always get upset when RNG doesn’t go their way, doesn’t mean something is wrong with the system though.

Also there’s plenty more ways for the under top 5% to get more 5* shards than a year ago, you just need to know where to look. I’d recommend watching some YouTube guides.

I know the places to get Shards. They are more available, but not to the point that it solves. I'm aware it's RNG that is responsible for the roll. Clearly I know that. That's not going to change the fact that the pool in the Basic keeps growing, and Shards aren't so much more available as to solve that. Fact is, it's going to get harder and harder to Dup.

I hope you really do know and it’s not one of things where you think you know everything, but really don’t lol. There’s plenty available to conservatively get 10k shards every 2 weeks, but let’s say you are more casual and get 10k shards only once a month. Even in that lowest case scenario, your odds will still be GROWING to get a dupe versus 2 new champs added to the basic pool each month.

There’s somewhere around 100 5* champs in the base pool with 2 more added each month. So you have 19/100 5* champs which means a crystal you open right now has a 19% chance to dupe. You pull a new champ and in a month from now you get another 10k shards so you have a 20/102 chance of pulling a dupe or a 19.6% chance. Then 21/104, 22/106, etc. In the worst case scenario your chances are still increasing. Not even factoring in offers like July 4th’s massive haul or the fact that you can get more than 10k shards a month, your chances still increase. RNG is RNG, you could go 10 more crystals without getting a dupe that’s just how RNG works. “Targeting” champion/dupes can be achieved through other means like awakening gems, arena, and FGMCs.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm at 19 now, no Dups. Doesn't matter who I Dup actually. I'm not really concerned with going for the Top Tier. Don't get me wrong, the more useful the better. Lol. Just the ability to Dup in general that concerns me.

Quake, Mephisto, Phoenix, AV, LC, Mags, Blue Clops, OG Spidey, HE, OG BP, Rhino, Gams, VP, Beast, Miles, Sym, MK, Juggs, and CM.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Seriously. If you're not going to add anything constructive to the discussion, don't enage with me. I've had enough of this little exercise. The Thread is not about RNG just because I mentioned it. I am concerned about the increasing difficulty in obtaining 5* Dups, considering it takes significant effort and time to amass them, and that more and more will be added to the Crystal. I asked how people feel about a Class Crystal as well. If you would like to register on that, by all means. Otherwise, I can see you grasping at the first chance to dog on an issue that I personally have, because you took one comment out of it, missed the forest for the trees, and jumped at the chance to make me look like some kind of hypocrite. Which I am done with.

You complained about RNGesus not giving you the champs you want (dupes) but then you say the post somehow isn't you complaining about RNG and not getting the champs you want?
    And then you get all sooky when the inevitable happens, and your hypocrisy is thrown right back at you?
    You, sir, are magnificent. I literally LOL'd at your hubris.

Yes. The mention of RNG doesn't mean the Thread is about RNG itself. Not a hard concept to grasp when you're not looking for ways to hate on me.
    Scurvy42 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

RNGesus may already be disappointed with your lack of faith, careful lest you suffer his vengeance! ;)

Maybe head down to coal harbour and offer a sacrifice to the Vancouver hq? Im not sure what would be appropriate, maybe some oct17th, or vij's takeout?

:smiley:

Hahaha! This made me laugh. I'll admit, I was a little frustrated when I posted this. Just finished Master and I was waiting for a chance at a Dup. I just think it would be helpful if we had a way to increase the odds of them. I think one of the reasons people are hammering for Gems is it's so difficult to pull Dups. I'm sure they're meant to be rare. I just feel the frustration. One Crystal after another. I'll get one eventually.

That’s all RNG, whether you can comprehend hiprocisy or not. Usually people make angry posts after they’ve had a bad streak of RNG which looks like what happened here. It’s no different from people complaining on the forums that they keep pulling low-tier champs like spidergwen, she-hulk, etc which is met with the same response RNG is RNG. You might pull a dupe your next crystal or not til your next 10. Kabam has been introducing a ton more 5* shards than before, so you’ll be getting more chances vs the growing pool. It doesn’t hurt that the new champs recently have been awesome, so pulling someone recently added is likely a great pull.

If you just need a dupe so bad at this point, there are a good amount available through Act V, Labyrinth, and occasional offers. There’s no fundamental difference between a first time dupe and an awakening gem + stones, they are practically the same result minus extra shards/iso. Hope that answers all your questions.

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. It is different because people keep saying the Drop Rate is greater for "trash Champs". Which warrants saying it's just RNG. Literally out of context.
    As for more Shards, that's not a solution to the issue I'm expressing, and they're not that much more available so as to make a difference. At least not for the people under the top 5%.

I understand exactly the point you’re trying to make, it’s still all RNG related. The more new champs you continue to pull, the higher chance your next pull will be a dupe. You said you have 19 5*s which I’m sure you worked hard for but it’s not a whole lot. Pretty reasonable or even a bit unlucky to not have a dupe with 19, but again that’s RNG. The whole point of a dupe is to unlock a champion’s signature ability, which is accomplished the same through an awakening gem. There’s also arenas and FGMCs for players to “target” more specific champions or champion dupes. People will always get upset when RNG doesn’t go their way, doesn’t mean something is wrong with the system though.

Also there’s plenty more ways for the under top 5% to get more 5* shards than a year ago, you just need to know where to look. I’d recommend watching some YouTube guides.

I know the places to get Shards. They are more available, but not to the point that it solves. I'm aware it's RNG that is responsible for the roll. Clearly I know that. That's not going to change the fact that the pool in the Basic keeps growing, and Shards aren't so much more available as to solve that. Fact is, it's going to get harder and harder to Dup.

I hope you really do know and it’s not one of things where you think you know everything, but really don’t lol. There’s plenty available to conservatively get 10k shards every 2 weeks, but let’s say you are more casual and get 10k shards only once a month. Even in that lowest case scenario, your odds will still be GROWING to get a dupe versus 2 new champs added to the basic pool each month.

There’s somewhere around 100 5* champs in the base pool with 2 more added each month. So you have 19/100 5* champs which means a crystal you open right now has a 19% chance to dupe. You pull a new champ and in a month from now you get another 10k shards so you have a 20/102 chance of pulling a dupe or a 19.6% chance. Then 21/104, 22/106, etc. In the worst case scenario your chances are still increasing. Not even factoring in offers like July 4th’s massive haul or the fact that you can get more than 10k shards a month, your chances still increase. RNG is RNG, you could go 10 more crystals without getting a dupe that’s just how RNG works. “Targeting” champion/dupes can be achieved through other means like awakening gems, arena, and FGMCs.
    A few Gems from the Top Tier Content doesn't solve the issue overall. Spending isn't what I'm talking about. It's the Basic Pool. Arena is possible, but that's a great deal of Grinding for Awakening, and doesn't really solve the issue of acquiring through the Crystals. Your math may be correct, but it's not in perspective. If you're pulling a new Champ every month and 2 more are added, that leaves you steadily challenged in that. They're still adding faster than you're pulling in your example. The statistics may seem sound on paper, but that's not really the case. There's no catching up in that scenario, assuming that by some freak chance you never pull a Dup. Either way, that's months and months of work, and I think it's a problem. You're free to disagree and think everything is as it should be.
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    The rate and ease of getting a five star crystal is directly tied to the ability to dupe a champion AND the amount of champions in the basic crystal. This is what I’m not seeing you understand and acknowledge in any of the responses. You keep repeating this line that it’s still somewhat rare to get these crystals and it’s actually relatively easy to even earn a full five star every week, if you are willing to take the time in the game to do it. Instead you sound like you want kabam to make it easier to pull specific champions more than the featured crystal already does. This would be something that’s not consistent with your previous comments, hence why everyone is calling you out on it. The game will continue to make it easier to acquire five star crystals, and the rate you can get four star crystals has grown exponentially in the last year alone. If you’re getting lots of those you’ll have more shards to open more five stars and you’ll have more chances to dupe your five star. I went without pulling a dupe for over 20 five star crystals and now I have 12, some of which i have duped multiple times even in the last week. Mostly it’s because I open more five star crystals than I used to as I started running every arena for as many milestones as I possibly can reach within my schedule limits.

Go grind for it like everyone else, instead of wanting kabam to release another higher priced crystal by class, something they will never do anyway and which would be probably astronomical in cost to a regular five star. Since you seem to have given us an answer to how many you’re earning total a month (not that many) I would imagine you wouldn’t be able to even afford this hypothetical class crystal anyway, and it still would have RNG.
  • Options
    20 5*s. Not a single dupe. ☹️

The feels.
  • Options
    A few Gems from the Top Tier Content doesn't solve the issue overall. Spending isn't what I'm talking about. It's the Basic Pool. Arena is possible, but that's a great deal of Grinding for Awakening, and doesn't really solve the issue of acquiring through the Crystals. Your math may be correct, but it's not in perspective. If you're pulling a new Champ every month and 2 more are added, that leaves you steadily challenged in that. They're still adding faster than you're pulling in your example. The statistics may seem sound on paper, but that's not really the case. There's no catching up in that scenario, assuming that by some freak chance you never pull a Dup. Either way, that's months and months of work, and I think it's a problem. You're free to disagree and think everything is as it should be.

The statistics are the statistics. When 2 new champs are added a month and you can only pull 1 new, your chances to pull a dupe are still increasing. In your “catching-up” scenario, are you referring to being able to pull every single 5* champ in the game as they come out? Cause that’s not likely unless you’re a mega-spender or very lucky.

I think there’s nothing wrong with the duping system or the basic pool additions every 2 weeks. The root of the problem is that you want more dupes. More availability of 5* shards, more 5* awakening gems, more targeting methods of specific champs is the solution to that. Some people could make a case where they need more resources and that’s fair, but in your scenario you’re saying you have 19 5* champs and you want just ANY dupe. There’s plenty of those resources available if you know where to look. Sometimes it comes through offers sure, Kabam is a business and wants to capitalize on needs. But many of those end-game resources are available for “free” throughout act V and labyrinth of legends. If you’re not there yet then keep building your roster until you are. It sounds like you want more resources without putting in the time to achieve them, something else familiar I’ve heard before.
  • Options
    The root of the problem is not that I want MORE Dups. I don't have any in my case. The root of the problem is the difficulty in acquiring them. I'm not the only one who views that to be a problem, and I'm not only thinking of my own case. You disagree that there's a problem, thanks for the feedback. I think it is. No doubt it's not an issue for people working on their 6* Rosters with many Dups. For others, it's an issue.
  • Options
    The root of the problem is not that I want MORE Dups. I don't have any in my case. The root of the problem is the difficulty in acquiring them. I'm not the only one who views that to be a problem, and I'm not only thinking of my own case. You disagree that there's a problem, thanks for the feedback. I think it is. No doubt it's not an issue for people working on their 6* Rosters with many Dups. For others, it's an issue.

The way you word it makes it a RNG problem. You are upset you haven’t pulled any dupes because RNG has not been in your favor. Hey I wish RNG could’ve got me a 5* Corvus and 5* Domino but RNG didn’t give that to me. Doesn’t mean it’s always a problem with the system, just can be an unlucky streak. Also, don’t you think additional 5* shards or awakening gems are the solution to your problem?
  • Options
    No. That doesn't solve the issue I presented. I suggested making it easier to target Dups while still leaving an element of RNG. I get it, you don't think anything is wrong, and you don't think anything needs to be changed. We can agree to disagree and move on.
  • Options
    No. That doesn't solve the issue I presented. I suggested making it easier to target Dups while still leaving an element of RNG. I get it, you don't think anything is wrong, and you don't think anything needs to be changed. We can agree to disagree and move on.

Introducing the awakening gem crystal, gives you only 1 in 6 chance of getting the class you want but allows you to directly target any champ of class. Available in Act V, Labyrinth of legends, and occasional offers.
  • Options
    Relentless.
  • Options
    RatdaddyRatdaddy Posts: 3
    I am at 23 5* and only have 2 dups. One is Unstoppable Col, which shouldnt even count because I purchased him with loyalty. My 1 true dup is.......hulkbuster!!!! Thanks but no thanks!!
  • Options
    A taste of one own’s medicine
    So that was your intention after all. I mean, I caught on when you kept repeating ways to Awaken a Champ that literally have nothing to do with the ability to get Dups from the Basic. The fact that you didn't even acknowledge the issue was the hint. Considering I was pretty respectful in saying I can respect that you don't agree, it was pretty apparent. Thanks for clarifying. Now we don't have to engage.
  • Options
    Ratdaddy wrote: »
    I am at 23 5* and only have 2 dups. One is Unstoppable Col, which shouldnt even count because I purchased him with loyalty. My 1 true dup is.......hulkbuster!!!! Thanks but no thanks!!

I get it. I mean I don't care who I Dup, but I get it. Lol.
  • Options
    RatdaddyRatdaddy Posts: 3
    I just counted again.....I was wrong about 23. I meant 26, thanks to my new lovely addition, Magneto.
  • Options
    Ratdaddy wrote: »
    I just counted again.....I was wrong about 23. I meant 26, thanks to my new lovely addition, Magneto.

Yeah I get you.
  • Options
    Just stop. Seriously. This is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    Find something else to do besides trolling my post.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom would you like my Jane Foster? 140 Signature on a useless champ.
  • Options
    You honestly think people can't read the Thread and see what's going on? You mentioned baiting, yet that's exactly what you're doing. As you've done before many times. You went into some kind of soliloquy about me as a person and my behaviour, pointing out how I always make things personal and making it personal all along, and hid a blurb about the topic in the middle of it. This is not the first time you've tried to get a reaction out of me.
    As for the other one, that was admittedly trying to provoke a reaction. No one even addressed what I'm talking about, just kept repeating my comments on other Threads and telling me ways you can Awaken a Champ with harder content. Not at all what I was talking about. Even after I respectfully said I disagree and we can leave it at that, it was pressed with the same response, just to get a reaction. That is the very definition of trolling.
    Let's not forget hopping over to another Thread to copy and paste my responses and make a farce out of it, then back to provoke some more here.
    Now you want to take issue with me not acknowledging the discussion when it's still not even what I'm talking about?
    I've had enough. Done. If people want to talk about what I brought up, I'm all ears. Some have already shown what their intentions are and I'm over the bull****. Save the act.
  • Options
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom would you like my Jane Foster? 140 Signature on a useless champ.

Wouldn't mind at this point. Lol. As I said, it's not just about me getting a Dup. The greater point I'm making is the difficulty people have in Awakening them, and how it will get worse.