**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

19.0 update recommendation? Really?

Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
In kabams most resent update it begins with them talking about how they are looking into why the game is burning up peoples phones, which is great. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81788/launching-new-alliance-events-alliance-quests-and-glory-store-updates#latest
It ends however by telling people "we suggest updating to the latest version of the game as soon as possible."..... Really? Are you really telling people that have not yet updated that they should go run out and download an update that could fry their phone??? really?
REALLY?????????
I seriously cant comprehend the disconnect here. These are peoples phones you are destroying and you are suggesting us to update to the faulty version!!! REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone else as confused as I am?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, and I don't see how that makes the situation any better.
  • Options
    TheSillyGirlTheSillyGirl Posts: 4
    Is the update they are pushing tomorrow supposed to fix overheating, or just have new AQ and stuff while some of us still can’t really play??
  • Options
    @TheSillyGirl no, the update they are forcing has nothing to do with fixing problems; That's what the beta is suppose to be working on. While I understand Its normal to eventually force an update @GroundedWisdom, I feel an exception should be made when that same update is literally damaging phones. I don't think it's all that unreasonable to break customs to prevent further damage.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Im hav a iPhone 8 plus it get hot alot but when thah happen is when im hav tourn my ligt op to much mabye tourn Down thah a bit.
  • Options
    @Gamer I can promise you lighting is not the issue kabam is having here. Some players report burning 95% of their batter in 5 minutes of game time. All that energy is going somewhere, and that's why phones are overheating. While brighter screens do contribute to battery usage, it's not dangerous for your phone. You might notice your phone warm up a bit from max brightness, but that's not the phone breaking experience kabam is trying to fix.
  • Options
    TheSillyGirlTheSillyGirl Posts: 4
    I can’t even play the game till they fix it. Only log in to get daily calendar rewards or other rewards that are there. Very annoying and hurting my alliance. There are a bunch of us with iOS and heating problems.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    New version out...
    rft58aij3mbn.png