Options

Which to rank up? Duped CA WW2 4* to R5 or Unduped Hulk 5* to R3

I finally saved enough resources to rank up a science champion. Which of these 2 should i spend them on?

The choice between a 4* Duped (Sig level 50) Capt. America WW2 to Rank 5; or a 5* Unduped Hulk to Rank 3.

The Capt. America is currently at 4.2 PI whereas the Hulk is only at 3.7 PI. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Don't think about the PI. I'd do ww2 because he won't be available as a 5*, he's a must have champ at r5. Hulk is awesome as well, but ww2 for now
  • Options
    ThisguyThisguy Posts: 80
    I have a duped 5/50 ww2 and he is amazing. Never regretted ranking him up. He's my boss killer in AQ. Ive taken down map 5 bosses with 0 damage taken a couple times. I wouldnt worry too much about PI until you have solid aq/aw teams.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    That all depends. Are you looking for Attack or Defense? Hulk is a beast now. However, WW2 has great Blocking. I'd have to suggest WW2. I'm not opposed to Ranking Champs that aren't Duped. Just that Hulk is better Duped.
  • Options
    JulzJulz Posts: 11
    Thanks all for the input! Looks like everyone seems to favor the CA WW2. Hahaha.. I shall pump those resources and get him up to 5/50!

How do you manage to end the fight with 0 damage taken? Do you just go into the fight with the mindset of blocking everything and just don't bother with timing parries? Since he can perfect block anyways - rather then risk failing at parrying just completely block all attacks?
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    If he's using WW2 as a boss killer, he's likely doing more full blocks and intercepts than parry. The perfect block is helpful if you have to take a special attack (some attacks can't be fully evaded). Additionally, unless you disable dexterity, you'll activate a degen any time you evade against Dormammu forcing you to use more blocking.
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Julz wrote: »
    How do you manage to end the fight with 0 damage taken?

Perfect block also happens when the opponent has a buff. So, the more buffs that the opponent has the less damage you'll take.