**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A question about levels

So this is probably going to sound noobish but is there a reason not to fully upgrade a champion besides a lack of resources? I've noticed a lot of guides for act 4 and 5 say to have at least a (besides 5 stars) 4 star 4/40, but my 4 star awakened Hela has apparently the potential for 5 ranks. Is it just really expensive to max rank higher tier champions?

Comments

• Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    As you progress through the game, it will take more and more resources to get better champs. If you find some characters to invest in, you’ll be set.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    It's expensive and resources are better used in other ways, for example, t4ccs are much better to use on taking a 5* to r4 than taking a 4* to r5. That would also cost more, resulting in a shortage. Not everyone will be short on t4ccs, but everyone will have that resource that prevents them from ranking up everyone
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    It's more difficult to get the t4 catalysts to go to rank 5. Takes more time, anyway. Getting the gold is easy enough (I think you need 100,000 or so), and the t4 basics can be gathered a few ways. But the t4 class catalysts can take a while to get.

Are you in an alliance?
  • jimmyjohnsjimmyjohns Posts: 24
    It's more difficult to get the t4 catalysts to go to rank 5. Takes more time, anyway. Getting the gold is easy enough (I think you need 100,000 or so), and the t4 basics can be gathered a few ways. But the t4 class catalysts can take a while to get.

Are you in an alliance?

Yes, I joined a very active one about a week ago. Is Hela worth investing my resources in? I have two five stars, Falcon and King Groot, but they don't seem like the best characters and my awakened Hela has gotten me through tons of tight spots, way more than my 5 stars have.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Hela is great for raw damage but not much utility other than that, she's good in some synergy teams too
    Hela is great for raw damage but not much utility other than that, she's good in some synergy teams too

As someone who is pretty not great at this game (I'm only now after a few months understanding how to parry), is being great for raw damage good enough to justify spending t4 catalysts on her? Or should I wait till after the symbiote event and try for a higher tier champions?
    edited October 2018
    Who else are some of your 4*s?

I have an awakened electro, x-23, thor (ragnarok), iron fist, bucky, goblin, morningstar, agent venom, classic and symbiote (awakened) spidey, magneto, ant-man, and ms. marvel. I have leveled up x-23 and electro up to 3/30, but all of the others are just 1/10