**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

ACCOUNT SHARING AND PILOTING INFO POST QUESTION?

I would like to see more detailed information on the account sharing and piloting politics, this is a great way to keep alliances even and fair during AW season but to me the definitions and punishments that are started are really cryptic aren’t really explained enough and need more details for players to understand. It is stated the punishment and enforcement of a player caught doing these acts with great detail and what to expect if said unprofessional, cheating players get caught and is very understandable. The posting also details the importance of keeping things fair and equal for everyone during AW season and that they will take action if the player or players is caught cheating. That’s all understandable and great, the only thing that isn’t detailed is the whole alliance punishment if there is just one person not playing the game as attended. Only question is that I have is how and why is this implemented towards whole alliances if leaders/officers have no way to screen new recruits before they are taken in? I could understand if you have 30 teammates that cheat to get to the top but what about having 29 honest hard working players that are punished for one persons cheating....is that considered fair to punish them, it’s not clear in the post of how this is figured up, seems like alliances will be judged as a whole because of one bad seed...so I was just wondering how this would benefit the alliances or the structure of war when what your trying to maintain for the teams really isn’t maintained at all...a lot of good peoples going to take the fall and not be happy. The piloting and cheating players to me seem to have a advantage if they want to sabotage a good alliance, because cheaters take satisfaction in causing havoc, and there really hard to rehab into fair, honest players. Just wanted to know why the punishment on whole teams, maybe a little more detailed then what was in the post and how this was figured fair?, not sure if it was left out or overlooked when the post was put up. Would definitely like to have a moderator to fill in the blanks and make sense of it. This is a legit question that I would like answered, does not state of any bans, nor players, nor alliances...just a general question that isn’t explained in depth on the account sharing and piloting post. Thank you for your time and understanding, and please let a moderator answer the question because they know for a fact what the true set in stone answer is, they wrote the post.

Comments

• Options
    Jason7680Jason7680 Posts: 15
    I want some kind of explanation too. This is twice we have been rank down in war because of someone cheating and still dont know who or what they did. Supposing they got banned , but everyone is still playing in my alliance. It's getting old and making us not want to play AW anymore.
  • Options
    FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    Yes I agree...the rules for this whole alliance punishment is very unclear, hopefully the moderators will fill the blanks in. Please refrain from saying anything about anyone specific that was banned so the post won’t be taken down. The question at hand is the whole team punishment and how that’s figured out to correct piloting bans and cheaters if it’s just one person doing it. Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's quite simple, really. Piloting is Account Sharing. It involves anyone using another person's Account. As for the punishment, there are a number of reasons why it involves reprimanding the entire Ally.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom you again? Do you work for kabam?, you always sound like you have all the answers to everything...when a moderator put his thoughts into it and reply’s we just assume what we think we already know, me or you didn’t design the game or make the rules, the rules was crystal clear on there posting in detail except the decision, explanation and how it supposed to keep people from piloting...if you got a crappy ally that has 30 cheaters I can understand your comment, when you have innocent teammates that get punished for one cheater that’s different, unless you have the inside power to screen all your teammates and make sure there grade A material that don’t cheat. Read the post a little bit slower and open your mind up and think about the other million people that play, your just a player like me unless your a designer of the game and have concrete information...until then it’s just your opinion and don’t hold water, an that my friend is quite simple. When your name has Kabam on the front of it I’ll take that as a solid legit answer to a mcoc question. @Kabam Miike I have now summoned the power to come fourth.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Pilloting allows your entire alliance to potentially win a war that you may not of won thus everyone benefits from war rating and season points. Thus when they conclude that someone has piloted or account shared then they remedy it by removing x amount of war wins rating and turning it into loses thus some alliances lose about 300+ rating. And remove all season points as to make it clear that its a punishment and dont do it again.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    You don't need to be a Dev to know what Account Sharing is, and you'll find scarce information from the Moderators that will divulge their processes of detection. The entire Alliance is penalized because the entire Alliance benefits from the cheating. Both in Rewards and Points. Rating is earned due to Wins, and if those Wins are earned unfairly, that needs to be rectified. The first reason is apparent. To take what was earned dishonestly. The second is more subtle, but clear. To deter Allies from promoting or engaging in breaking the rules. Allies are responsible for knowing what goes on in their own home. It's up to the Leaders to establish trust and know exactly what goes on in their Allies. The only dispute I have with actions taken is the effect it has on Matchmaking. I honestly find it difficult to believe so many Allies that have come forth have no idea about any rules being broken. Someone or some number of Members must have knowledge. Perhaps not in all cases, sure. However, the alternative logical suggestion is that said Allies are just a mishmash of people who aren't communicating at all, and that's what happens when you participate but don't engage with each other. Bottom line is, Allies are responsible for their own. When people cheat, that's a reflection on the Ally because each Ally wins and loses as a single unit.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom , ah I see...take control of something you have no control over, makes sense, as a alliance your responsibility is to invite 30 strangers over to your house for a pizza and get to know there likes, dislikes and if they ever cheated on there taxes. I’m glad you took the time to cypher through millions of post to basically break it down for me...no need to ask a moderator any questions in the future, I’ll just as you. Yeah I can figure I converse with my team so we can rob the contest of its sacred rewards, everyone involved on the heist of a mobile game. To implement this punishment into something positive there should of been something in place before it came to this....one persons actions don’t refer to there whole alliance, if a persons out to do it for spite or self gain in a imaginary land on a team there going to do it whether all or anyone knows about it. Not all teams lie, cheat and steal and it’s not fair to judge anyone else on your experiences. I will put a good word in for you at kabam, they definitely need you and your expectations calculator of the mcoc alliance community.
  • Options
    I rather hear from a moderator on the issue if it comes to filling out blanks that was missing.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I think idea behind this is when cheaters notice that alliance (so they also) loses more than gains, then they will stop cheating and alliance will stop being punished, and if the gains overweight punishment in overall outcome, then where's the problem for you.

Ideal solution for Kabam would be to ban detected cheaters from entering war till let's say end of the season, like they prevent arena botters from entering arena
  • Options
    TheBigSchemeTheBigScheme Posts: 60
    I wanted to post my own topic but i will write here since its in the same category..... Alliance i am in from 4 wars we lost in this season atleast 2 of them ( my opinion is all 4) were against piloting alliances or should i say alliances that got punished.
    So my question is if alliance got caught cheating and moved down and still the same people are playing the game including ( and thats what every alli says that gets punished) " that 1 person " that broke the rules, how can i know that they didnt cheat against my alli aswell and so taking the win and rewards away from us.
    We are not the best players but we do our best and we play fair and use boosts and all other stuff if necessary and we dont pilot but still we get punished matching those alliances.
    So now instead being in plat3 for the first time we are back in gold1 .
    We lost atleast 2 win bonuses , atleast 1k 5* shards from not winning wars and the difference of end of season gold1 to plat3 rewards.
    So Kabam and all you cheating/ piloting alliances ..... what about us?
  • Options
    TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I always see this complaint and don't understand why it's always 1 member. That is impossible, to pilot would require at the minimum 2 participants. One the share their account to another one to pilot. So it is NEVER just 1 person. I would suspect too that after one successful run at it more would join in.
  • Options
    As GroundedWisdom was kind enough to point out, Alliance Events are a collective effort and any Rewards gained from those Events are gained collectively.

If a player doesn't contribute fairly to an Event because they decide to violate our Terms of Service by cheating in any way, their actions allow the entire Alliance to achieve a result and Rewards that otherwise may not have been possible. If it's possible that the cheating actions of one player can lead to the entire Alliance gaining Rewards that they may not have if that person had played fairly, then it just makes sense that the entire Alliance should be punished for that player's cheating actions.

I understand that by not knowing exactly who cheated, other Alliance members can become frustrated. However, it has always been our policy to not disclose the names of any players who we find to have cheated in the game or disclose details of any investigations which we have carried out. Regardless of whether or not you agree with this policy, it's not something which is up for discussion or debate on these Forums.

Now that clarification has been provided on these points, I'll go ahead and close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.