**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Doctor Octopus tips

Pulled a 5* Doc Ock a month ago and he's still sitting at 1/25. I keep hearing that he's a somewhat good champ, but i can't seem to get the hang of his playstyle. Does he need his sig to be good? Is he worth taking to 3/45? Would appreciate some tips from the Doc Ock vets here.

Comments

• Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I do like him but his play style is weird. Sometimes his end medium inflict power gain and out of nowhere a heal block, Armor break. I do wish to know how he works
  • Options
    Maximus0215Maximus0215 Posts: 128
    once a certain research gets to 100 it applies a buff or debuff. When opponent gets enough power gain it applies power lock. Or when you parry or block enough it adds a hea block. Usually about 3 parties in a row will apply heal block. When you hit or get hit it builds up to an armor up. If you have an effect up you don’t want doing a heavy attack resets them to 0. You can do a L3 to add 15 seconds to the effect currently active and then do L1 to refresh it so you can keep someone heal blocked or power locked indefinatetly. And once you get duped you gain a portion of the blocked power or health. Brian grant has a nice video showing how that works with a 3* dock ock against ROL Wolverine.
  • Options
    Hey there, I am actually a big fan of Doc Ock in the game. Once you've gotten a feel for how he builds up his Research Categories and what options he has to extend the length of his Breakthroughs, he can actually keep an opponent from gaining Power or healing for quite a long time. Since my Doc Ock is awakened, I like using him against opponents with lots of heals, since activating his Chemistry Breakthrough can let me steal some of that healing he's preventing. It's pretty entertaining to time it out to happen during an Arc Overload.