**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are my 5* pulls completely trash?

The math doesn’t seem right at all. I’ve opened to be exact 27 basic crystals and not one is god tier .... I’ve done one featured and I got an IMIW ... I’ve done one dungeons crystal not this recent one but the prior and got a Hyperion... and this past dungeons I got venom whom I’d already duped from basic. ... it just doesn’t seem right and I feel like grinding for all these shards isn’t worth it. What’s the point if out of 27 openings I can’t even get someone worthy of rank 4??? Kabam gods help me.

Comments

• Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    edited October 2018
    How many do YOU think is "god tier" then?

And then do math how likely you are to pull one out of 27.
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Dude, I'm also having bad luck, you just have to ride it out, you will eventually get something good. Maybe just focus on who you have now, Get Hype up to r4, 100% Act 5, do a LOL run etc. No need hoping for someone better when you've got all you need in one champ.
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Also hype is already r4. And IMIW is r3 waiting for one more tier 4 tech so he will be my next 4. But my 5* roster is a long list of champs I will probably never rank 3 so they’re all useless unless I use them for arena.

You should have started with this.
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    @Cadillac_puss123 Hype is a decent LOL clearer, not ideal for 100% but you can do a relatively cheap initial clear with him. I'm busy preparing for one now. My only decision I need to make is to do it with him at r4 or r5.
  • Options
    DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    In total I’ve done 30 openings. 1 featured and 2 dungeons. My featured was IMIW, dungeons was Hyperion , second dungeons was venom who was already duped. .... the rest of the 27 openings were basic 5* crystals. That’s 270,000 shards of all ****. What’s the point in playing this game anymore tbh. It just takes up all your time if your really dedicated but in the end is it even worth it anymore

What's your goal?

If you're planning on being an endgame player, you've got to spend money (for the most part) on those featured crystals. Otherwise, it's all a grind of trash champs for use as arena fodder to get more shards.

My own roster is up to 40 5 star champs and I've taken only a half dozen of them to even r3. 3 are t4 or planned so. I'm still more than happy ranking and using 4 star champs in my journey through the game.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    @Cadillac_puss123 Luck comes and goes, but most times it goes.

I’m on a pretty depressing run myself, with 11/14 recent pulls dupes (and not good dupes at that, excluding my 4th Medusa pull, which didn’t move the needle for me). My non-dupes? Kamala, Miles and Sentry, who are at the top of no one’s wish list.

The positive of all that is 6* shards, I suppose, and a shot at something else that might be good but also might not. I hear you when you say you get bored grinding for junk. That’s why players move to a slacker ally that runs low maps—they realize the grind isn’t worth it and that the goalposts are always on the move.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I’ve opened 61 5*s and only 3 (5 if you include the 2 dupes on iceman) are what I’d consider R4 worthy so yeah... might be in for a long run.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    The math doesn’t seem right at all. I’ve opened to be exact 27 basic crystals and not one is god tier .... I’ve done one featured and I got an IMIW ... I’ve done one dungeons crystal not this recent one but the prior and got a Hyperion... and this past dungeons I got venom whom I’d already duped from basic. ... it just doesn’t seem right and I feel like grinding for all these shards isn’t worth it. What’s the point if out of 27 openings I can’t even get someone worthy of rank 4??? Kabam gods help me.

It would help if you posted your roster. I've opened five basic 5-star crystals and gotten Hulk Ragnarok, Nightcrawler, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier and Angela. None are "god tier" according to lists I've seen. So what? Use your skills to win with what you have.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Just wait til you start pulling 6* lol.

37ryvnei7j0m.png
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    allinashes wrote: »

37ryvnei7j0m.png

Exactly!! Wait until you pull a garbage 6* and you’ll know even more disappointment. (I own a 6* XF Deadpool and Jane Foster)
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    I’m in the same boat:
    n7h6d62wri60.png
    j6fnu2jmlhi5.png
    vz3jp7vxvgrh.png
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    allinashes wrote: »

37ryvnei7j0m.png

Exactly!! Wait until you pull a garbage 6* and you’ll know even more disappointment. (I own a 6* XF Deadpool and Jane Foster)

And I own 6 star Karnak and GG. Gg being only defender that too only half good with lots of blades around. And today I pulled 5 star iron patriot from a featured 5 star crystal. So awesome.
  • Options
    KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    It’s all based on luck and.... It’s not fair

You sound like my 7 year old. "It's not fair!!!"

It's random dude. I sympathize a bit but it's all random. Your luck will turn.
  • Options
    Justcause102Justcause102 Posts: 110
    My 5 and 6 star pulls have all been bad, you gotta make good with what you got 😂 xwb6w8ie9d49.png
    ayjmbl6b890c.png
  • Options
    Says the guy with the duped Blade
  • Options
    Duped GR and duped AA, duped Hood. Wished I pulled garbage like that
  • Options
    We are 100% guaranteed a 5* when opening a 5* crystal. I don’t believe that every champ offered that day is equally likely to get pulled. My own theory is Kabam has an internal rating system and assigns a % pull rate to each champ based on that rating. Example: Rating 1 through 10 with 10 being preferred (CAIW) and 1 being garbage (IP) if a champ has a 1 rating they might have a 50% higher chance to get pulled over a 10 rated champ. Luck is still involved to pull a higher rated champ but the % is not equal for each. Keep in mind only my theory and nothing more.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    We are 100% guaranteed a 5* when opening a 5* crystal. I don’t believe that every champ offered that day is equally likely to get pulled. My own theory is Kabam has an internal rating system and assigns a % pull rate to each champ based on that rating. Example: Rating 1 through 10 with 10 being preferred (CAIW) and 1 being garbage (IP) if a champ has a 1 rating they might have a 50% higher chance to get pulled over a 10 rated champ. Luck is still involved to pull a higher rated champ but the % is not equal for each. Keep in mind only my theory and nothing more.

False