**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Taskmaster’s Exposed Weakness

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited October 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Taskmaster is one of my favourite characters in the Contest; Exploit Weakness is an awesome game mechanic, requiring a good deal of skill to master but rewarding the player handsomely. However, there’s a couple big issues that really cripple him and there’s no real workaround I’m aware of.

1) Debuff Immunity
Taskmaster’s main purpose is to reduce ability accuracy by stacking up to 5 concussions within a certain time limit. Stun Immune champs, and those that reduce debuff duration, make this a difficult task but when an opponent has complete immunity to debuffs it becomes impossible... A potential solution: Taskmasters concussions could be passive, instead of active debuffs. This would bypass the issue all together and, if having this innate ability is too strong, maybe he could acquire it via synergy with Deadpool or Red Skull.

alg1otbgpj0e.png

2) Exploiting Specials is an issue
In order to exploit a weakness Taskmaster has to perform a specific attack. If it’s a Special 1 or Special 2 and you lack the required power, you can’t exploit anything. This causes him to lose all stacks of concussion. A simple fix would make all his specials exploit any other special or, if that’s too easy, an SP2 could exploit the weakness of an SP1.

589rdww9xdt8.png

Anyway those are my main issues with Taskmaster. They may seem small but they’re a huge problem when you’re fighting against Masochism, Immunity, and Power Gain Nodes, not to mention champs like Kingpin and Blade. He’s definitely not bad but he could do with a quick fix and a few good synergies in my opinion but that’s more than enough of me. What do you think of Taskmaster?

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    He's good as he is, he isn't supposed to be good in all matchups. Blade isn't good for bleed immune heroes, Quake is bad against stun immune fights corvus isn't good against rage. Taskmaster is already a great champ he doesn't have to be good for everything