**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does There has to be a pity system? (100 FGMC opening)

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Prayers out to this guy.
I know we all seem crystal whale openings..yahaeawgfb5y.png

But here is someone different.

At what point does pulls like this get any better

And remember each crystal is 300 units so about $10 a pull...

We need a better crystal system do you think we need changes?

Comments

• cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Ouch. This is partly why some countries make "lootbox" purchases illegal.. some people just keep trying/playing/spinning because there's a "chance".

I agree with the idea that if things given have such huge discrepancy there should be at least a pity system.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    How I see it, he still got a 4* symbiote supreme. That's plenty enough if you want to play around with him. At some point you need to stop and think about it, at the end of the day are you really going to be happy after spending 100$ on a virtual character? Even if he did pull a 5*, 100$ is 100$

100 crystak Its $1,000
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Rather do arena with those units and add him in team
    Or become a crystal opening whale somewhat
    Further depicting other guys name is against TOS of kabam

P.s He's ex-awakened member so not a big deal for him in spending
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Not taking advantage of people with gambling addictions at all 🙄 loot boxes will be outlawed soon enough it’s predatory and other mobile companies have demonstrated equally success business models that don’t rely on a small percentage of players spending a months rent to be successful.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Its called pseudo random ... well not quite used in loot boxes but some games use it in chance based abilities. So, say u have a 15% chance to crit. If your first hit doesn’t land a crit, the chance to crit on next hit 15 / 85 ... until u crit and then the chance is reset to 15 / 100 ...

I love this method of randomness as pure random can just put people off and only encourages gambling
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Come on noob you live in Italy doesn’t mean you need to type like it...no there doesn’t need to be a pity system. If everyone stopped buying these overpriced crystals kabam would have to re-evaluate their price (lower) then to make up for the same amount of sales and the community would be better off.

Companies need to have steady and increasing sales quarter after quarter. If the community wanted to put the screws to kabam for a couple months it would force them to do something in the communities favor.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    dude has 330 million gold, this is a tiny opening for him
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    How I see it, he still got a 4* symbiote supreme. That's plenty enough if you want to play around with him. At some point you need to stop and think about it, at the end of the day are you really going to be happy after spending 100$ on a virtual character? Even if he did pull a 5*, 100$ is 100$

100 crystak Its $1,000

100 crystals= 3000 units= one odin=$100
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

100 crystak Its $1,000

crystals are 300 units each, not 30, so it's 1000 bucks
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 171

100 crystak Its $1,000

10 crystals = 3000 units dude lol
  • Magus OGMagus OG Posts: 7
    I agree with PaytoPlay, no pity required
    4chsl9kzxze5.jpeg
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Lol. Aren’t you in the same alliance as Magus?
  • Hearthstone uses a 'pity' system for their packs. A running counter on every expansion on how many packs openend. Plus you never get a duplicate Legendary until you have all of them from the expansion.

These moblie games remind me of dodgy used care salesman. Yes they have the right to make money but jeepers I need to take a shower after seeing some of their 'deals'
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I don’t agree with that their should be a pity system but if there was maybe have it so like for every crystal opened the chance to get the featured champ goes up slightly like from 1% to 1.1%
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    “Have to be” and “should be” are 2 very different things. There doesn’t have to be a pity timer, but there really should be.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I haven’t in over a year and won’t ever again waste units on crystals as after 3 years of playing never once have I had any luck
    xNig, used to be same team, not anymore, I quit and quite happy to stay there; someone else made a comment that it’s not a big deal to Magus... very true. He made the video to help another team mate with content for his channel. Looks like it kind of succeeded. Bad publicity is still publicity lol. Anyway from what I know of him, this was certainly not a month’s rent like someone else said so Power to him, I don’t think he made the video for “pity”; in fact if you saw some of his other pulls as I have, some of them are pretty jaw-dropping so the odds even out over time I suppose. We started playing at the same time back in Jan 2015 but he’s quite Low profile and only did this video as something to get some subs for his team mate’s channel.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    Come on noob you live in Italy doesn’t mean you need to type like it...no there doesn’t need to be a pity system. If everyone stopped buying these overpriced crystals kabam would have to re-evaluate their price (lower) then to make up for the same amount of sales and the community would be better off.

Companies need to have steady and increasing sales quarter after quarter. If the community wanted to put the screws to kabam for a couple months it would force them to do something in the communities favor.

Jist wait till

6* fgmc crystals

Ifs a steady trent from kabam, as we see theym push out a 6* shard offer, only matter of time. Till they start adding more shards/bonus items.

Black friday/Cyber monday will be interesting this year, when compared to last year alot of items all devalue and new materials become more saught after.

• OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I’m expecting the same **** offers from the previous 2 years. Won’t hold my breath and won’t open my wallet
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Moredhel wrote: »
    xNig, used to be same team, not anymore, I quit and quite happy to stay there; someone else made a comment that it’s not a big deal to Magus... very true. He made the video to help another team mate with content for his channel. Looks like it kind of succeeded. Bad publicity is still publicity lol. Anyway from what I know of him, this was certainly not a month’s rent like someone else said so Power to him, I don’t think he made the video for “pity”; in fact if you saw some of his other pulls as I have, some of them are pretty jaw-dropping so the odds even out over time I suppose. We started playing at the same time back in Jan 2015 but he’s quite Low profile and only did this video as something to get some subs for his team mate’s channel.

Yup I just spoke to him as well.

Like you said, he did it to help a friend.

Anyway the 100 crystals are small change to him imo. When the OR crystals were just released, my ally matched Omega for AW and he brought his R4 duped OR on attack already. :D:D