**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shell Alliances - the new way to win Alliance War

Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
I won't be naming names and I honestly don't think this is against Kabam's rules nor do I think Kabam could ever do anything to stop this. I just wanted to share this because Shelling Alliances might become an increasing problem with Alliance War again. Or maybe this happens every single season and I've just never seen it live, I don't know.

So we are a plat 3, tier 3 alliance, 2300 war rating. We recently faced off against an alliance in an off season war with a 2300 war rating. Their alliance rating was much higher than ours and their avg hero rating was much higher than ours, but war rating the same. Ok, maybe it's just an ally that doesn't really like to war, no big deal. Then we start to fight and start to notice every person in the ally has 3 to 4 rank 5 5* on their profile. Dug a little deeper and 28 of the 30 members had the WAR ELITE title active! This includes the leader and all officers. That means that at least 28 of the 30 members of this alliance finished season 4 in Masters bracket, top 20, then moved at least 28 members to a shell alliance to get easier match-ups, save on items, and wipe the floor with people in the off season and the start of season 5.

I don't see anyway Kabam could combat this or stop this but I just wanted to send this out so people in Tier 4, 3, and 2 brackets look out for this in future war match-ups. Sucks for us and any other allies that face shelling allies here in the off season and next season. If anyone knows if this is against the rules or any other stories like this, I'd love to hear them. I've always wondered why we can't view the standings of the last season of alliance war after the season ends. Maybe everyone knows this is a major problem and hiding the standings just keeps everyone quiet? Again, I'm new to seeing this live for the first time, so I have no idea how prevalent this is. Good luck to all in next season of war and have fun!

Comments

• Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    That's the problem, technically, I don't think it is cheating. I can't even imagine a way Kabam could stop this or police this. Just a public service announcement.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I hate hearing about stuff like this... I don't understand how 28-30 members can all be okay with their alliance cheating like this. You would think there would be at least one person in the group that had at least some basic understanding of ethics... Apparently that is too much to ask for, guess people can't stand losing so much that they have to resort to cheating. It's despicable and pathetic, and people that do this should be banned permanently.

"It's called strategy"
    "Work harder not smarter"
    "You're just jealous"

The best don't hide from challenges, nor do they take the path of least resistance
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Reversed the 2nd quote lol