**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If defensive synergies aren't ever going to be active....

...why bother having them at all?

It's time to either confirm that they'll be activated, and commit to a deadline of when they'll be in play, or confirm that they will never work, erase the icons from the AW defense 'edit team' page and replace the ones that are obviously intended for defense with offensive synergies of an otherwise equivalent value. This is getting ridiculous already.

Come on Kabam. Let's see some competence and consideration for a change.

Comments

• SpadeHunterSpadeHunter Posts: 23
    khehmist wrote: »
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Sure it's reasonable when you consider how much they add each month. Also they know depending how they add it people will complain regardless of their decision

Nope. Not even close.

Actually, people will likely complain about the bugs that might show up in war, rating loss, loss of rewards, etc
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    They are already active.... in arena
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    This will get dragged on for a long time. Remember when alliance bases was a feature still in the works before Kabam decided to drop it?
  • Not real sure why anyone would want them active in war tbh. I'll admit I'd enjoy the strategy of putting together a defense and placing appropriately... But I can't imagine fighting thru a defense w synergies haha

You wouldn't know who each player placed. Therefore you wouldn't know what synergy effects to watch out for. Each fight would be full of surprises, most of them probably leading to death lol. Which leads to roadblocks on the map or iteming out early.
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    I used to be on board for them putting it, then I realized what a B it would be for everybody with Hela’s revival synergy with Angela.
    I also disagree w the seasonal nodes but eh, we get kabammed one way or the other.
  • Jestr54Jestr54 Posts: 344
    Is kabammed now a bad word?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I'm agree, give is those sinergies on D or replace them with ones we can use
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    The outcry from a temporary bleed immune global already triggered a thread with 700+ comments (most being negative), if AW defense synergy is enabled I just can't imagine how many will complain its a money grab. Something will need to be done in war to accommodate that... like lower the cost of AW potions permanently or nerf existing AW nodes for example.

5 defenders can actually generate some pretty insanely OP synergy. It will make war placement much more interesting ... maybe too exciting lol.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Personally, I’d like to see synergies AND masteries completely stripped from AW defense and have buffs/debuffs purely node based and randomly generated from war to war.

Probably not the popular opinion, but mine often isn’t.

Lol no thanks. I’m used to evading and baiting specials. And every fight would be pretty much stun immune that you can’t even use dexterity. Have you thought about your suggestion or it just sounded cool? Lol
  • My understanding is AW was always assumed to be enabled and Kabam said "hey, we're looking into why this is bugged". That's been over a year ago, by the way.

Based on the comments here though, people are saying it should not be added, even though it should already be working and just isn't.

Or maybe I'm way off...
    Smash wrote: »
    Personally, I’d like to see synergies AND masteries completely stripped from AW defense and have buffs/debuffs purely node based and randomly generated from war to war.

Probably not the popular opinion, but mine often isn’t.

Lol no thanks. I’m used to evading and baiting specials. And every fight would be pretty much stun immune that you can’t even use dexterity. Have you thought about your suggestion or it just sounded cool? Lol
    *sigh*

:neutral:

I’m talking about removing masteries from defense, not offense.

Like how every single other element of the game behaves.

Read my post... it says nothing about not being able to evade or parry. I was strictly talking about defense.

Nothing would stop Hyperion from heavy/parry everyone to death. Limber stops that. Not every mastery is for offense. Believe it or not, game would be way more unbalanced with limber.
    Meant without limber
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    My understanding is AW was always assumed to be enabled and Kabam said "hey, we're looking into why this is bugged". That's been over a year ago, by the way.

Based on the comments here though, people are saying it should not be added, even though it should already be working and just isn't.

Or maybe I'm way off...

They said in a post that they turned off synergies. They were looking for a way to implement them which would give the attacker a fair chance.

Mind you lets just run a AWD team of
    Medusa, Black bolt, Angela, Hela and Heimdall.
    That medusa now has 6 furies and 1 indestructible and unstoppable and a 20% per dead teammate to revive back to 20% HP. Enjoy thay boss

Or

Thor rags, Hulk, Heimdall, Hela, Angela.
    Put hulk on an all or nothing node and enjoy the sp3 he can launch at either 20% indestructible
    1% unstoppable/indestructible
    Or the chance to revice back to 20% Hp and smash you with a sp3
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    They would be an awful addition and you're insane to want them added

I disagree, but I never said I wanted them added. I said I wanted Kabam to be transparent about what they’re doing about them.

They have, they said they are looking at it to see if it's even feasible. Keep complaining an demanding some more, am sure that will speed them up. If that doesn't work then you should try stamping your feet an holding your breath.
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    Synergies for defense will most likely never work. That’s a good thing. Leave it alone.

Sounds like you ranked up defenders only for synergies, which was a poor decision. Kabam will not remove the synergy icons from this 1 aspect of the game. All synergies can be used offensively; I can’t think of 1 that is strictly for defense.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Defensive synergies are coming with bases!!!
This discussion has been closed.