Options

Hulk Defensive Upgrade/Fix:

Hulks Champion Tags Include Defensive and Tank, yet he has no abilities that live up to these tags. The tags are accurate to the comics and should remain as they are but he needs some sort of defensive or death resisting abilities to live up to his true character and his tags. It would make a lot more sense and be much more realistic is all I'm saying. I realize that Kabam think that they are balancing the game by under-powering Hulk due to his high damage but they are simply just under-powering him (Hulk is the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe since he can overpower and overcome anything with rage, they need to show that in this game, damage alone does not show that). I mean it makes no sense that Hulk is actually becoming weaker the more he is attacked rather than stronger, I realize of course his attack and fury chances are increased. But bleed, degeneration, armor break, stun and countless other effects that he has either overcome with rage or has been seemingly immune to in the comics, can easily end him in game, regardless of blocking. Most of the champions in the contest are balanced well and have accurate cannon abilities but Hulk doesn't and something needs to be done, at least to some small degree.

Here are my ideas if you can be bothered to read them, (please read them or at least scan them first if you wish to discuss this):

#1 Physical Resistance:
To make it easier for the developers that are constantly updating the game. Here is an upgrade that doesn't require any changes to the characters current abilities. Each time Hulk has a fury buff he receives some physical resistance, this amount should be small per buff and stacks to a maximum of 90-99% physical resistance (or whatever the developers think is reasonable), giving him the true ability to get stronger the angrier he gets. This will only become useful to skilled players who can somehow survive long enough to reach this high level of physical resistance or with the addition of a 5 star Hulk which has enough health for players to utilize this physical resistance system.

#2 Debuff Resistance/Negation:
Fury buffs can either reduce the duration and effectiveness of debuffs while they are active, or be consumed to remove debuffs completely. Or while they are active they reduce the duration and effectiveness but when two or more furies are active they are consumed to remove the debuff entirely. This would be a perfect addition to Hulk as he has shown this ability constantly in the comics and champions like crossbones already have abilities similar to this. So it would be reasonably easy to add to Hulk.

#3 Regeneration:
This is greatly needed as it is one of Hulk's key abilities that has been hidden from younger generations with bad writing and decisions present in "The Incredible Hulk" and the current Marvel Cinematic Universe. Either he could have a constant permanent healing ability that is similar to Deadpool's but only 60-70% as intense for balance because of Hulk's high damage. And for this to work his signature must be changed to based on lost health and damage received, so his damage won't decrease with healing. Or he could have wolverines signature ability, still keeping Hulk balanced as his regeneration would be unlikely with an 8% chance but it would also be intense like in the comics. He could have a permanent regeneration effect like Joe Fixit but double the effectiveness and it could multiply when fury buffs are active. Increasing it to a maximum of three times the effectiveness with 3 fury buffs, but reduced back to the original amount when furies expire. Another idea is he has a 50% chance to become indestructible when either reaching 25, 20, 15, 10 or 1% health (idk up to developers if they care) and then regenerate the same amount that Hulk Ragnarok can regenerate in his signature. I realize he can become indestructible like this when he is paired with 5 star Thor Raganarok but this is only once per fight and that makes it non-canon and wrong. Balancing it with a chance limiter like 50% would be better balanced and more realistic. Hulk never tires or runs out of energy that is simply Banner holding him back and trying to drain him mentally. Whenever Banner is in agreement or removed from the equation Hulk is unstoppable in a fight and will always bounce back stronger.

#4 Critical Resistance:
Self explanatory, as long as it's there like it is with Red Hulk, the amount of Critical Resistance won't matter.

#5 Block penetration:
Even though this isn't a defensive ability it is something that he has in the comics and should have in this game. If it is not combined with an actual defensive ability as that would be unbalanced, unless his block penetration was low. Because Hulk's strength has no limit and because he has shown to be able to gain bursts of strength from rage that enable him to break space time itself. He should have block penetration. Kabam even showed this in their cgi animation where champions battled Thanos, Hulk clearly knocked Thanos back with one punch significantly whilst he was blocking I mean come on that is block penetration. Unblockable attacks like certain symbiotes' specials would be an unrealistic addition to Hulk as most champions can block his attacks for the most part and it would also make him over powered, block penetration would make sense though. Maybe making it activate only when a fury buff is active will make more sense.

If any of these ideas are added to some extent in someway it would make Hulk, actually Hulk not some green brute with high damage. Hulk is the one character in the game which needs the most amount of fixes in my opinion. If you disagree, agree or want to suggest any different ideas, opinions or thoughts about Hulk or another champion that needs improvement. Comment and we can discuss this.

Comments

• Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    No Hulk is Not the Strongest the sentry is more powerful then him yeet he sucks in the game

Hulk is Fine

Sentry Underwhelming in the Game so he's the one that need a buff
  • Options
    Regeneration Will Be Counter To He's Duped Ability
  • Options
    Sentry has Regen, Indestructibility, and Attack increase. He is definitely accurate whilst balanced and insansly op with boosts as a boss. Also if you're not happy with him there is void which focuses on degeneartion and passive damage, rather than defense, attack and regen. Sentry is totally covered and doesn't require changes, changes will only overpower him furthermore. Also when I said Hulk is the strongest I tried to explain that he can get stronger with rage, this means any other champion that also has the potential to limitless power is simply tying with him as the strongest, like sentry for example. And Hulk is not fine in this game I clearly explained why in detail. Also you didn't read or understand what I wrote with the regeneration upgrade idea. If his signature ability is changed to based on damage received as well as being based on his current health, then regen won't affect his damage as it will still increase as he receives damage, but when he comes into a fight with low health it will also still be high. Plus my other ideas show that he doesn't need to have regen to still be canon in this game and be balanced, if this rework is too difficult for the devs to do.
  • Options
    RaozSkillz wrote: »
    Sentry has Regen, Indestructibility, and Attack increase. He is definitely accurate whilst balanced and insansly op with boosts as a boss. Also if you're not happy with him there is void which focuses on degeneartion and passive damage, rather than defense, attack and regen. Sentry is totally covered and doesn't require changes, changes will only overpower him furthermore. Also when I said Hulk is the strongest I tried to explain that he can get stronger with rage, this means any other champion that also has the potential to limitless power is simply tying with him as the strongest, like sentry for example. And Hulk is not fine in this game I clearly explained why in detail. Also you didn't read or understand what I wrote with the regeneration upgrade idea. If his signature ability is changed to based on damage received as well as being based on his current health, then regen won't affect his damage as it will still increase as he receives damage, but when he comes into a fight with low health it will also still be high. Plus my other ideas show that he doesn't need to have regen to still be canon in this game and be balanced, if this rework is too difficult for the devs to do.

Sentry has A Weak Regen Not that good on suck in the game but hulk Is good
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    There's already a 5* hulk btw
  • Options
    RaozSkillzRaozSkillz Posts: 27
    edited October 2018
    Wow really never seen him, I've only seen 5 star Hulk Ragnarok. Well my point still applies this game will be false until Hulk has defensive abilities. Sentry is perfectly op and definitely doesn't need any upgrades or changes. He can't have ridiculous regen because he can already become indestructible and have increased attack. His attacks can even be unblockable. Sentry definitely doesn't need to be changed Hulk does. Issamaf80 why are you on a forum for a game if you don't understand ability balance. Also if they gave sentry op regen like you want they would have to completely rework him and then basically every other champion in the contest, but not Hulk, Hulk needs to be changed as I have explained.
  • Options
    Also Sentry's indestructibility is suppose to imitate his ability to reform molecularly like Hulk except sentry can conciously do it I think and much faster. Instead of giving him a constant regen from death effect, making him invincible which wouldn't work at all. With sentry they have given him his key abilities without making him too unbalanced and virtually unbeatable. That's why I'm saying with Hulk he doesn't have any defensive abilities that balance him whilst giving him the chance to resist death imitating his true canon character.
  • Options
    Wow really never seen him, I've only seen 5 star Hulk Ragnarok. Well my point still applies this game will be false until Hulk has defensive abilities. Sentry is perfectly op and definitely doesn't need any upgrades or changes. He can't have ridiculous regen because he can already become indestructible and have increased attack. His attacks can even be unblockable. Sentry definitely doesn't need to be changed Hulk does. Issamaf80 why are you on a forum for a game if you don't understand ability balance. Also if they gave sentry op regen like you want they would have to completely rework him and then basically every other champion in the contest, but not Hulk, Hulk needs to be changed as I have explained.

I have a 5 star Hulk
  • Options

I do know balance and all of that but why is RedSkull with the Cosmic Cube isn't good in the game knowing that The Cosmic Cube is Actually an infinity Stone
  • Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    I've got my 5* Hulk at 5/65. There is nothing bad about him.
  • Options
    Except he gets wrecked by special 3's and effects as I have stated. Can't you people read?? Kabam state that he is a defensive champion, but he has no defensive abilities what so **** ever. Simply giving him some defensive ability could never possibly overpower him, overpowering is only possible with overpowered abilities not the amount of abilities a champion has. Whyy is everyone so **** dumb it's common sense, what are you guys like 10 years old? Why are you on a forum? And what's your alliance name cause I've honestly only seen a 5 star Hulk (Standard) in the Maestro Quest...oh wait that's right you're lying,
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,920 ★★★★★
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    No Hulk is Not the Strongest the sentry is more powerful then him yeet he sucks in the game

Hulk is Fine

Sentry Underwhelming in the Game so he's the one that need a buff

actually hulk is the strongest when it comes to strength it was said in the comics lol
  • Options
    issamaf80 wrote: »

I do know balance and all of that but why is RedSkull with the Cosmic Cube isn't good in the game knowing that The Cosmic Cube is Actually an infinity Stone

the cosmic cube isnt an infinity stone, only in the movies it is
  • Options
    i have a 5 star hulk i can show a picture if you want. But anyways you are right he has no defensive abilities to him and it make no sense, he has defensive tag but no defensive abilities, but then again it's kabam they said the kabam universe isn't canon so the characters are different. It still doenst make sense though because if there's a defensive tag then the character should have some defensive abilities
  • Options
    RaozSkillzRaozSkillz Posts: 27
    edited October 2018
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    i have a 5 star hulk i can show a picture if you want. But anyways you are right he has no defensive abilities to him and it make no sense, he has defensive tag but no defensive abilities, but then again it's kabam they said the kabam universe isn't canon so the characters are different. It still doenst make sense though because if there's a defensive tag then the character should have some defensive abilities

Thank you, about time lol. Well if you do have a 5 Star (Standard Not Ragnarok) Hulk that's great, don't really need a photo cause I can just check the Maestro Quest. But yeah the thing that makes even less sense is they nerf Hulk the most out of all the champions defensively. The only conclusive reasoning I could think of that may be why they are doing this is because they think his damage makes up for it, oh but they are so wrong. What about unblockable, unavoidable attacks, evasion counters, stun, safeguard, indestructibility etc. All of these things make Hulk seem useless, weak as **** and totally unlike Hulk at all. I won't be silenced until they do something about this...but they won't do **** and it's not like I'm gonna stop playing the game lol.
  • Options
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

Thank you, about time lol. Well if you do have a 5 Star (Standard Not Ragnarok) Hulk that's great, don't really need a photo cause I can just check the Maestro Quest. But yeah the thing that makes even less sense is they nerf Hulk the most out of all the champions defensively. The only conclusive reasoning I could think of that may be why they are doing this is because they think his damage makes up for it, oh but they are so wrong. What about unblockable, unavoidable attacks, evasion counters, stun, safeguard, indestructibility etc. All of these things make Hulk seem useless, weak as **** and totally unlike Hulk at all. I won't be silenced until they do something about this...but they won't do **** and it's not like I'm gonna stop playing the game lol.

i have the standard 5* hulk i wish i had Gulk. His skin is somewhat indestructible it takes wolverines atamantium to break through other than bullets, bombs etc dont even so he should have indestructible, physical resistance the more damage he takes he becomes immune to debuffs stuff like that but kabam aint doing it because they say it's balancing the game. i think the dev just don't like the hulk. Oh they're gonna close this thread, they have a thread for champ suggestions/improvements
  • Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Duped, his resistance goes up as his health is reduced. I swear, some of you guys just want to have some ridiculously overpowered champ that you can just turn on autofight and clear all of the the game content with. None of the champs are exactly like they are in the comics, because the game would be a total mess then. It's about trying to find some semblance of balance and utility for different champs. At r5, when my Hulk goes down to 20% health, he has almost 8000 attack. He's plenty strong.
  • Options
    Carames wrote: »
    Duped, his resistance goes up as his health is reduced. I swear, some of you guys just want to have some ridiculously overpowered champ that you can just turn on autofight and clear all of the the game content with. None of the champs are exactly like they are in the comics, because the game would be a total mess then. It's about trying to find some semblance of balance and utility for different champs. At r5, when my Hulk goes down to 20% health, he has almost 8000 attack. He's plenty strong.

PLENTY STRONG???? YOU think, YOU specifically think that if he had increased resistance or regen with a changed signature he would be op? What about Rhino? Red Hulk? They have virtually the same abilities that Hulk should have. Hulk only works against opponents that you can avoid or block or that don't have way more health and damage than him. And it really should be the other way around, for example champions with sufficient regen can do a huge amount more damage than Hulk because they can survive longer and that is the true mistake that Kabam have made with this game. (Oh yeah and sorry I've been away for so long everyone). You try and take a max 4 star red hulk and "autocomplete" the game. Hulk is under powered as ****, we're not saying make Hulk and all the champions completely accurate to the comics, I am at least saying that all the champions should have all of their abilities but balanced by rating. King Groot is a perfect example of a champion that has all his key abilities and is balanced well. Luke cage can do a **** ton of damage as long as you keep landing hits and he can become indestructible. To say that my ideas, if you actually bothered to read them would be op is total idiocy. Hulk should have is signature changed to based on lost health and based on damage received once per fight, this simply allows regen to have no effect on his increasing damage. Then like King Groot his third special should give him a regen buff similar to KG and Hulk Ragnarok's Police Verso, this is balanced because it is not constant. Simply either drain his power, heal block or make the a.i use his other specials to defeat him, how is that over powered? And/or [one] of these ideas: A simple increasing physical resistance the lower his health gets. The chance for Hulk to receive a debuff decreases the lower his health is and if he does receive a debuff it's intensity and duration is lowered based on lost health. Debuffs have a chance to be converted into fury effects (like crossbones). Each time Hulk receives a fury his physical resistance increases by a small amount and stacks to a maximum rating.

Similar ideas to the original post, and they must be added in some way to Hulk. Now that doesn't mean exactly as I have described but Hulk needs some sort of defensive ability ASAP. Please try to understand the truth
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Hulk is amazing as is, clearly you don't know how to fight with him properly. And screw what Seatin says. He's High Demi-God. Top notch stun-lock, great person to use revives on plus poision immune. I think the problem lies with you being a **** player.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Hulk is really powerful right now as is though
  • Options
    Also I see he’s your top champ so this is obviously just so you can get an op champ
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry, did you say Hulk has no Defensive value? Disagree with that one.
  • Options
    Also giving him a Deadpool like regen even if only 60-70% health would be op
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Bro all of your posts are about hulk and him needing regen even tho you word them all different its still you spamming a subject
  • Options
    Aaah come on! The guy said that the Hulk has the DEFENSIVE tag, but he does not have any ability that matches that. And if you think a Hulk R5 Dup is a challenge then you play very badly. Week ago I made a mess with a Hulk R5 Dup Lvl 80 Boss with my 4 * 4/40 Luke and I did not even get to activate my Indestructible.
    Let's face it ... he beats well, "if" you are using it on atk or "if" you mess up and get hit? Rock Yeah. He can handle take some hits? Maybe, again, "if" we're not talking about time damage debuffs. But all his moves are extremely easy to dodge, and his upgrade only makes him "maybe" cause stunning, "depending" on the amounts of furys. Be sincere? Have any of you ever seen a Hulk with more than 1 or 2 Furys? And on the hints the buddy gave I think the most balanced and would make the Hulk really be a more valuable Defender would be the ability to reduce the chance of receiving a debuff as he loses life. It could even be part of his sig hab.
  • Options
    Place him on Power Gain, or All Or Nothing. Eat an L3.
  • Options
    Place him on Power Gain, or All Or Nothing. Eat an L3.
    Like I said nothing to worry about. Just use a hero with power control and he's still not a threat. Is even easier to defeat, since he will probably end up not using any specials

• Options
    The same could be said for any Champ. Bring the right counter, play correctly, and they go down. That doesn't work out 100% of the time. It's also tricky because if he gets an L3 off and he's Noded, you're dead. Unless you're using GP. The point I'm making is he has Defensive uses.
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    The same could be said for any Champ. Bring the right counter, play correctly, and they go down. That doesn't work out 100% of the time. It's also tricky because if he gets an L3 off and he's Noded, you're dead. Unless you're using GP. The point I'm making is he has Defensive uses.

This. Think these guys might be a lil too slow to comprehend though.
  • Options

Bro, starting from that prerogative, I can quote several heroes who would not even blink at a Hulk in those nodes. CG, Magneto's, IM, LC. I understand you might think he's still a valued defender, but when a defender has countless counter's, for me, he's not those things anymore.