**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery bundle available on iOS, but not on Android??? {Merged Threads}

stexvelstexvel Posts: 17
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Hello guys, this is my first post here. I have a problem and would like to ask for opinion. I play mcoc on my iPhone, but I can't set up payment methods cuz I live in a country not supported by Apple pay. So when I want to buy stuff, I log in to my android phone. Today I got the mastery bundle offer (5 bucks for mastery cores and infinity war crystal) and I quickly jumped to android to buy it. Surprise, no offer on my android phone! Even the message in my inbox announcing the offer is not there. Log in to iOS again, there it is. Anyone had something similar?
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Options
    Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    I have apple but the idea that certain bundles are only exclusive to apple is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Chubs2XChubs2X Posts: 61
    Kabam doesn't decide what's exclusive, they work with Apple and Google, come up with a bundle and they make it exclusive.

You can't get mad at Kabam, if you want it get a iPhone and Android phone
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd spend $5 but I use Android so I don't have this offer either.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    If you have access to an iOS device just log onto your account on it and buy the offer there.
  • Options
    Chubs2X wrote: »
    Kabam doesn't decide what's exclusive, they work with Apple and Google, come up with a bundle and they make it exclusive.

Of course you can. Every other offer is the same. Apple/Google have nothing to do with this.
  • Options
    stexvelstexvel Posts: 17
    Werewrym wrote: »
    If you have access to an iOS device just log onto your account on it and buy the offer there.

I can't because there is no way for me to set up my credit card on iOS cuz my country is not on Apple Pay list, I can't add a payment method.
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    It look like we Android users got kabammed
  • Options
    Never thought I'd say this but Kabam must hate money.
  • Options
    So can we download on a apple device then buy it? Then sign out and back in on our own Android device?
  • Options
    Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure Kabam have done this sort of thing but the other way round as well. Android got an offer that iOS guys didn’t. Not saying I support it but just a general point. Don’t know why they can’t just put it out to everyone...
  • Options
    Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    Just so everyone knows device exclusives have been apart of the game for some time now. There have been deals on Android that were not available on Apple devices and vice versa. No need to over react to this like it hasn't happened before. Sorry you are not able to take advantage of getting this deal. I play on both an Android and iPhone and have seen all the deals between them.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Of course you can. Every other offer is the same. Apple/Google have nothing to do with this.

I don't think you understand. Normally these "exclusive offers" are sponsored by the corresponding app store. It is Apple sponsoring the offer, so it is only offered to iOS players. It is not uncommon in the mobile games arena. In fact, not only are there App Store iOS exclusive offers and Google Play Android exclusive offers, in the past there have also been device-specific offers, sponsored by those particular device manufacturers. I seem to recall one sponsored by Sony for Sony-specific devices.

If you want to never see a platform-exclusive offer again, you can try to demand that Kabam refuse to work with app stores and device manufacturers that want to sponsor exclusive offers and not take their money, and good luck with that.

• Options
    Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    I don't mind it, these aren't the first deals to be exclusive so I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, especially when these deals are sponsored.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I don't think you understand. Normally these "exclusive offers" are sponsored by the corresponding app store. It is Apple sponsoring the offer, so it is only offered to iOS players. It is not uncommon in the mobile games arena. In fact, not only are there App Store iOS exclusive offers and Google Play Android exclusive offers, in the past there have also been device-specific offers, sponsored by those particular device manufacturers. I seem to recall one sponsored by Sony for Sony-specific devices.

If you want to never see a platform-exclusive offer again, you can try to demand that Kabam refuse to work with app stores and device manufacturers that want to sponsor exclusive offers and not take their money, and good luck with that.

.....or petition Apple and Google to work together. Best of luck.
  • Options
    MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    I think the way they do it right now restricts them from having a cross platform offer for money, since there would be 2 ways of receiving that money: Android and IOS
  • Options
    Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Really android you guys compared to Apple get so many exclusives grow up
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    What was the offer? Can anyone post a screenshot?
  • Options
    SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Didn’t mean to offend Android player base, but android players sometimes got google store based offers as well, why suddenly so important now? If you really wanna offer go login some iphone and buy it.
  • Options
    RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    This issue is so weird... Different OS different offer.. i will log in to my friend i phone to get it. So weird offer
  • Options
    Chubs2XChubs2X Posts: 61
    DANCFC wrote: »
    And the pointlessness of writing anything on these forums is above.
    Thanks for the feedback but we will do what planned anyway, we don't really give a damn what the community thinks and this is a polite way to say it and alas nothing changes.
    Typical Kabam....
    Tbh if they really cared about Android/Ios divides they would optimise the game the same way for both.
    2nd hand Iphone 6s Plus runs the game faster and smother than my new Razer phone less than a year old with a Snapdragon 835 chip and 8GB Ram.
    If that is not illustrating the truth of how much Kabam don't really give a shirt about Android I am not sure what does. (I sent then iPhone back to Amazon, and as I refuse to spend £600 on a IPhone 7 that is years old just to play one game properly I can't access the offer no.)

No more unique system offers, your game bugs already divide a Marvel loving community and make them hate Kabam 90% of the time, why poke the bear or spit in it's face doing daft things like this??

If you can log in with your account on a iPhone and buy it how is it exclusive anyway?
    What a pointless endeavour...

And if so if you ask a friend in a different country as part of your alliance to log in and buy you the offer is that not account sharing??!

Stupid all round idea really isn't it!?

You sound so crazy, Kabam has nothing to do with how the game performs on your mobile device, that's literally the phone creators. Apple makes better, faster and smoother devices that run mobile games better!!!
  • Options
    Never thought I'd say this but Kabam must hate money.

You mean Kabam has finally done something that players can't frame as a conspiratorial example of their greed? Makes the offer worth doing just for that alone.
  • Options
    No more unique system offers, your game bugs already divide a Marvel loving community and make them hate Kabam 90% of the time

If 90% of the player community hates Kabam, I'd say they are doing a pretty good job of unifying the player community, not dividing it.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    And the pointlessness of writing anything on these forums is above.
    Thanks for the feedback but we will do what planned anyway, we don't really give a damn what the community thinks and this is a polite way to say it and alas nothing changes.
    Typical Kabam....
    Tbh if they really cared about Android/Ios divides they would optimise the game the same way for both.
    2nd hand Iphone 6s Plus runs the game faster and smother than my new Razer phone less than a year old with a Snapdragon 835 chip and 8GB Ram.
    If that is not illustrating the truth of how much Kabam don't really give a shirt about Android I am not sure what does. (I sent then iPhone back to Amazon, and as I refuse to spend £600 on a IPhone 7 that is years old just to play one game properly I can't access the offer no.)

No more unique system offers, your game bugs already divide a Marvel loving community and make them hate Kabam 90% of the time, why poke the bear or spit in it's face doing daft things like this??

If you can log in with your account on a iPhone and buy it how is it exclusive anyway?
    What a pointless endeavour...

And if so if you ask a friend in a different country as part of your alliance to log in and buy you the offer is that not account sharing??!

Stupid all round idea really isn't it!?

@DANCFC you need to step back and take a breath. This isn't the first time there has been a iOS exculsive offer and there have been many Google play only offers as well. It goes both ways. This time it went to Apple. You wouldnt be on here if this was a Google play offer only would you?

Also to touch on optimizing Apple/android.. Never going to happen. Apple will always be optimized better because it's all the same. Andriod OS and phone specs run a gambit of different levels of specs. Theres no way to optimize to iOS and if they did, theyd have to discontinue support for phones a year old and older all the time.