**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Blocking [Under Investigation]

xiwikxiwik Member Posts: 10
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi. Yesterday upgraded my iphone from a 5 to a 7+ And now when i play on the new phone the block seems temperamental. It either does:
- a delayed block after pressing
- No block at all
- The champ runs into the attack
losing lots of health and fights because if it.

Is this a game issue or there a issue with my new phone? Had to go back and play on my old phone where it doesnt seem to be a problem.

Comments

• Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Member Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hi there @xiwik. The team is currently working on a few different blocking issues, and are looking at trying to have fixes ready for the next release. Thanks so much for hanging in there!
  • xiwikxiwik Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for reply Wolf. Nice to know it isnt the new phone.
    Blocking seems to be working again after the update. Thanks for the fix.
    Relieved I dont have to cary two phones around anymore.
    Scratch that. Still not working. Got my hopes up on sone easy fights. Sorry.
    So, still having to play on my old phone for harder matches. I dont understand how there can be such a difference in play between my two phones. Today I tried a story quest on my new phone and went through three champs on an opponent. Swapped to my old one and started again and beat the same opponent in one sweep without having hardly any damage. Just hoping my old phone doesnt bite the dust.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Member Posts: 1,585 ★★★★
    2 months and still no fix
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Member Posts: 477 ★★
    this game is broken as f**k
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★
    Probably the games graphics automatically higher res on your newer phone, causing lag, games horrible for me right now, I've stopped doing hard content
  • Killer_BasuKiller_Basu Member Posts: 27
    **** you kabam and **** @kabam_wolf
    He said me that 4 months ago and still no fix!!
    Money grabbing arseholes it's been ages you said it!! How long your team's gonna take?? Is everyone stupid on your team??
  • Killer_BasuKiller_Basu Member Posts: 27
    These **** are doing this knowingly.. To make us waste our hard earned units on their bugs.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Member Posts: 324 ★★
    This issue keeps happening to me especially after 4/5 hit combo. Then I can't get my char to block at all. I just almost lost 2 r5s in AQ and lost almost 2 r5s in AW on the first 2 nodes that weren't even supposed to be hard. Please fix for the love of god...

I knew I wasn't going crazy during arena when all these weird issues were happening like blocking and evading not working and having to press the special button multiple times

Please fix these issues! There are so many bizarre issues with gameplay now.
  • NilpoNilpo Member Posts: 19
    I'm experiencing all of those issues too...when the game lets me log in.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Member Posts: 289 ★★
    They say they have plans for this game but until they fix the main aspects of the game/ parry blocking dexterity I don't see this game making it halfway through 2018
  • MaledracMaledrac Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2017
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hi there @xiwik. The team is currently working on a few different blocking issues, and are looking at trying to have fixes ready for the next release. Thanks so much for hanging in there!

emh .... the team is dead or give up? try send rescue team2 and start search if they was missing? You could use it for the next event ... find and save the team lost to rescue parry :p realy android users is amazing since 1 year .. we need solve this .. pls.. realy pls It is a players hemorrhage
  • Harry_71Harry_71 Member Posts: 84
    I have the same iphon e7+ like you and in the beginning. And I know your problem...
    In comparison to your old 5 your new phone has now the feature sensitive touch. So it is different when pressing hard or slightly the display.
    I guess you block with a lot of pressure on the display. Try to play a with less pressing, then everything works well.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Member Posts: 245
    No it is not the phone...i have samsung j7 and 2 weeks ago my champions were playing on "automatic" (no block,running and kicking alone,used specials alone) in map6...lost 2 champs on first fight.the answer i got from support was practicaly to learn to play better......and i know i am not THAT bad player to lose so fast on map6...
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★
    My champs are charging heavy all the time, mid combo, today I had no hands anywhere near the screen, was running towards them baiting, when suddenly I started charging a heavy, = **** beaten out of me
  • Captain_CaymanCaptain_Cayman Member Posts: 62
    This is a MAJOR problem. Screws up any chance of defending an attack and further messes up the already-messed-up parry timing.

Is this lag/game performance related? I constantly experience frame rate pauses which mean swipes and taps get ignored, or there is a delay between my input and the character responding.

When the blocking issues happen it makes it impossible to play reactively. As soon as an opponent dashes (even from the other end of the screen which should be an easy block/parry) it is too late to defend; no matter how quickly you tap, your champion will not respond in time.
  • Nezz44Nezz44 Member Posts: 11
    I was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain to me why AI can block and disrupt a combo but I'm having issues just blocking. I have had my blocking drop out in the middle of a special one and two. Party and block timing so inconsistent don't know what the hell to do. Please help our explain to me how the block is supposed to work.
  • VnetVnet Member Posts: 7
    I think it is Kabam's purposely do it coz we were having this problem for months, way before any new patches.
    Even the game sometimes still lags mid way of the path.
    Forcing you to lose life and wasting potions for it.
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Member Posts: 89
    I press block, sometimes my guys don't block or I get hit before the block actually registers.

I used to be able to get a parry off 90% of the time, now I get a parry off maybe 50% of the time.

I used to breeze through AQ Map 5 and day 2 of map 6 and now I'm regularly dying in fights I never died in before. I can assure you I didn't just suddenly get bad at this game. When I'm dying with a 5/50 wolverine or with my 4/55 5 star Star Lord then I know there is an issue with blocking and parrying. Heck, even intercepting is off. I am ready to quit this game. Spending units in AQ is something I haven't done I months, now I'm doing it on day 2.
  • ScottryanScottryan Member Posts: 475 ★★★

Its September and this post was in july...parry is still buged. In this game parry is how you fight and this is a fighting game...shoulsnt it be a biger deal that fighting is bugged. Hopefully i can get an answer and an update on how far off a fix for parry is.
  • AfflictionAffliction Member Posts: 382 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Soooo is this also part of the upcoming fixes or what?? Cause it's not just the block it randomly decides to drop or not activate. It's attack too...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17259/characters-just-standing-not-responding-under-investigation#latest
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    So yeah whatever happened to those fixes and the investigation? The blocking timing is still off, blocks are still dropping, blocks are still being torn threw by regular attacks and specials, parry for us is ficklely but for the enemy ai it all works well a little to well sometimes.

When is going to be addressed or fixed and do you even care about our input at all, since this had been going on for months yet it just keeps going and going without any word or indication that it's still being looked at
  • WC303WC303 Member Posts: 88
    So they were working on the issues on July 14th, but no communication from the mods since then. The issue is still a problem, and it's...September 21. Are any of the mods going to update us on this, or are they just going to ignore us and hope we stop talking about it? That is their usual M.O. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AfflictionAffliction Member Posts: 382 ★★
    This has been a huge problem for me as well! But it's not just blocking, huge problems with attacking too! Got a perfect video example of it in my forum post that I posted too. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/135994#Comment_135994
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    WC303 wrote: »
    So they were working on the issues on July 14th, but no communication from the mods since then. The issue is still a problem, and it's...September 21. Are any of the mods going to update us on this, or are they just going to ignore us and hope we stop talking about it? That is their usual M.O. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They were working on it before that to, and that's pretty much it and it's been that way since the takeover.

This is just snowballing now and plays into a ton of other issues with combat and the enemy ai that make it almost unplayable.

They wonder why bash and critize them, this is one of the main reasons why we do so. They have been slow to address or fix this issue despite everything we've given them to do so, from our perspectives it just seems like you're just ignoring them and hoping it goes away but it won't until you actually fix it.

I get that different bug fixes take different times, but you guys have had many many many many months to fix some of these and you haven't done so hell you barely address them anymore but you seem to be on it when it's a bug or issue that harms you guys and not us.

For example the expliot happened you guys fixed it quickly, when the gold bug happened it took you days almost a week to fix it which kind of sucked.

I just wish they showed some initiative, and actively go over a master list of bugs and issues and maybe take the game down for an extended period of time while you squash all these bugs and issues.

If you don't address them, continue to let all of these bugs and issues snowball and let us all stew while you keep making sweeping changes that is basically is being universally panned by just about everyone, you're going to have a big problem on your hands way worse than the boycot movement that stemmed from 12.0.
  • SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Member Posts: 177
    5x7nflprbtwj.jpg
  • MaledracMaledrac Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2017
    The team is currently working on a few different blocking issues, and are looking at trying to have fixes ready for the next release.

#missingTEAM was 7/17 pls help kabam for rescue

fu team ..