**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Life after Act 6?

IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
So we have heard and read that Act 6 will come next year, but what has many of us wondering is the "we start something new" comment from Gabriel Frizzera. While most of us have assumed this meant a new story there is some concern that the new Contest will be starting us at ground zero and not allowing us to use or keep our current roster. As an avid player I was hoping to get some clarification as to whether or not rosters will be used in the so called "Contest of Champions 2".

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    The description along with those comments is that acts 1-6 will be combined into a chapter altogether while another chapter starts. "its LIKE a mcoc2" If I remember right. still the same game, same roster, same progression
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    @Primmer79 thats how I read it originally, but "Act 6 is coming next year. After that will be a bit of a reboot of the story. One arc will be here, compressed, you can play the whole thing, and over here, we start something new.” This line alone has a bunch of us thinking our hard earned rosters are not welcomed in the new contest. With the upcoming holidays, and all the offers we will start seeing it doesn't make much sense for end game players to spend if all they have left is Act then nothing new to use their rosters on. Would love feedback from @Kabam Miike or any of Mods if they can give some clarification to that.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    IsItthough wrote: »
    @Primmer79 thats how I read it originally, but "Act 6 is coming next year. After that will be a bit of a reboot of the story. One arc will be here, compressed, you can play the whole thing, and over here, we start something new.” This line alone has a bunch of us thinking our hard earned rosters are not welcomed in the new contest. With the upcoming holidays, and all the offers we will start seeing it doesn't make much sense for end game players to spend if all they have left is Act then nothing new to use their rosters on. Would love feedback from @Kabam Miike or any of Mods if they can give some clarification to that.

the end of that quote though, he said its like a mcoc 2 is coming to the game. And the quote was JUST about story arc. I would love some feedback but nothing to panic about.
  • Bomber111Bomber111 Posts: 35
    I wouldn’t worry about this. I’m sure what they intend is the story of collector/grandmaster/maestro/thanos is coming to an end.

We will then see a new story with a new series of Acts. I’m sure the rosters will not be effected. However, we may see something like they did last month where you can only bring champs that meet specific criteria (maybe only 4* champs in Act 1)

Personally for me after Act 6 it may be a good stopping point to move on from the game but we shall see what happens.

Either way looking forward to Act 6. Then worry about what’s next way later!