**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did you change MODOK?

I've noticed some oddities, some I'm not sure about but one I'm definitely sure about.

Modok doesn autoblock the first intercepting hit. I'm pretty sure he used to.

Modok doesn autoblock while stunned. I'm pretty sure he used to.

Blade's danger sense doesn't work against Modok's autoblock anymore and I know it did.

That's practically a blade nerf right there and it can't be justifies by the small benefits from the two other things imo. That's simply not how we used blade

Comments

• OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    I second this, something was changed with modok and his interactions with blade and danager sense.

I fought him last war on stun immune/bane and his shield was virtually up the whole time
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    Yeah node 18. It's on my path an modok is fairly common there. I've been experiencing this for weeks now
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Cayko wrote: »
    I've noticed some oddities, some I'm not sure about but one I'm definitely sure about.

Blade's danger sense doesn't work against Modok's autoblock anymore and I know it did.

That's practically a blade nerf right there and it can't be justifies by the small benefits from the two other things imo. That's simply not how we used blade

I agree with the first one, 2nd one it could be due to the pacify mastery. Third one you need ghost rider synergy to make danger sense work against autoblock, and even then its not a 100% guarantee.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    edited November 2018
    I just fought debuff immune MODOK in AW with Blade. His shield popped up once. Which is normal, considering danger sense isn't a 100% shutdown.

He has not been able to parry from his shields (red) for a long time now, and that's only if he ever did. I remember them fixing a bug in him related to blocking, but not sure it was this. In any case, I always attack and when the shield pops up I never get parried, no matter who I use.
    edited November 2018

I agree with the first one, 2nd one it could be due to the pacify mastery. Third one you need ghost rider synergy to make danger sense work against autoblock, and even then its not a 100% guarantee.

No it can't. I played a whole fight like that. The 20 hits before assassin kicked in is at a probability of 0.3^20.
    If you punch that into your phone calculator you'll possibly have an error message due to the decimals it requires
    And this 1 in a million scenario is replicable so the pacify scenario is ruled out
    Marri wrote: »
    I just fought debuff immune MODOK in AW with Blade. His shield popped up once. Which is normal, considering danger sense isn't a 100% shutdown.

He has not been able to parry from his shields (red) for a long time now, and that's only if he ever did. I remember them fixing a bug in him related to blocking, but not sure it was this. In any case, I always attack and when the shield pops up I never get parried, no matter who I use.

Hmm okay. Only example I have is from node 18. I'll see if I can find an sq modok to go figure
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Modok has never auto blocked while stunned
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited November 2018

Hmm okay. Only example I have is from node 18. I'll see if I can find an sq modok to go figure

Considering node 18 is the only example, could it be due to the fact that it also has a +20% enhanced abilities node? Blade's danger sense with GR only reduces ability accuracy by 40%, 58% if you have Stark Spidey also. The enhanced abilities node would have a significant impact.
    Kenny292 wrote: »

Considering node 18 is the only example, could it be due to the fact that it also has a +20% enhanced abilities node? Blade's danger sense with GR only reduces ability accuracy by 40%, 58% if you have Stark Spidey also. The enhanced abilities node would have a significant impact.

Could be, but it's odd too. I've noticed this the past weeks only in difference to prior to that. Maybe the node didn't work before and they fixed it 🤷🏼‍♂️

I mean... now that I think of it blades prior effectiveness on that node felt like his regular danger sense hmm
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited November 2018
    Kenny292 wrote: »

Could be, but it's odd too. I've noticed this the past weeks only in difference to prior to that. Maybe the node didn't work before and they fixed it 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think it's a good possibility that it didn't work before and they fixed it, but it is odd that I don't think there was any mention of it. I've fought multiple NC's there and recently felt like he was evading even more than before on that node, so it could very well be that it was recently fixed or we could both be imagining things with a bad stretch of RNG lol