Epic Monthly Key

Some of those of us who are not quite strong enough to become Uncollected would like the opportunity to gain a few 6* shards and tier 5 cat shards, not least so as to become Uncollected, ourselves.

In order to preserve Uncollected privilege, I suggest that the rest of us can earn an Epic key that the Uncollected do not need. Such a key would be won by completing or exploring Master.

Obviously, if the rest of us can earn such a key, it makes no sense to call the level 'Uncollected', but luckily there is an 'Epic' alternative name!
«1

Comments

  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 42
    I like the idea but it does devalue uncollected rewards too much. In a perfect world, I’d like to see exploration of uncollected for completion rewards, but that is unnecessary for the game. I’d rather see bug fixes first
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 458
    Morosoph wrote: »
    Jakearound wrote: »
    No. Put in the time and resources to become Uncollected like the rest of us. Tired of people looking for freebies.

    It's hardly a freebie if you need to earn the key.

    The point is that advancement is blocked above a certain point until Uncollected is achieved; it would be fairer if it were *slowed*, rather than blocked. The gains in shards would not be huge, or else the player could've achieved Uncollected in any case.

    And thus to advance you become uncollected. Not fair. If this happened what good would uncollected be except slightly better premium disappointment crystals?
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 458
    If you are at the point of nothing else to do and no where else to advance you should be able to easily do uncollected
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 2,526
    edited November 9
    Most people that do uncollected also do master. Adding a key from master doesn't really preserve the Uncollected privilege as you suggest. Access to the Uncollected level is one of the main benefits of being Uncollected. I vote no.
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 84
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    Morosoph wrote: »
    Jakearound wrote: »
    No. Put in the time and resources to become Uncollected like the rest of us. Tired of people looking for freebies.

    It's hardly a freebie if you need to earn the key.

    The point is that advancement is blocked above a certain point until Uncollected is achieved; it would be fairer if it were *slowed*, rather than blocked. The gains in shards would not be huge, or else the player could've achieved Uncollected in any case.

    And thus to advance you become uncollected. Not fair. If this happened what good would uncollected be except slightly better premium disappointment crystals?

    You get *immediate* access to the Epic level.

    But perhaps a compromise is possible? To unlock chapter 1, you need to complete Master. To unlock chapter 2, you need to explore Master, but to Unlock chapter 3 with rewards for completion and exploration, you must become Uncollected, which also waives the entry conditions for the earlier chapters.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 2,526
    Morosoph wrote: »
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    Morosoph wrote: »
    Jakearound wrote: »
    No. Put in the time and resources to become Uncollected like the rest of us. Tired of people looking for freebies.

    It's hardly a freebie if you need to earn the key.

    The point is that advancement is blocked above a certain point until Uncollected is achieved; it would be fairer if it were *slowed*, rather than blocked. The gains in shards would not be huge, or else the player could've achieved Uncollected in any case.

    And thus to advance you become uncollected. Not fair. If this happened what good would uncollected be except slightly better premium disappointment crystals?

    You get *immediate* access to the Epic level.

    But perhaps a compromise is possible? To unlock chapter 1, you need to complete Master. To unlock chapter 2, you need to explore Master, but to Unlock chapter 3 with rewards for completion and exploration, you must become Uncollected, which also waives the entry conditions for the earlier chapters.

    Still not sure why this is needed but I will say your compromise is far more reasonable.
  • If you want 5* shards and 6* shards then go to arena my friend that is open to everyone.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 211
    If you want UC rewards, GO.DEFEAT.CHAPTER.5.2.
    The Collector (as well as all the troubles in 5.2.4 to 5.2.6) is similar to a "key" too, well a permanent one, so you can have access to the UC difficulty, that is, one of the main privileges, after going that far in the story quest ASAP for all players.
    Believe me, 100% master is a whole lot different from defeating Collector (all the preparation and frustration), they arent the same.
    Now you just want a shortcut to higher rewards without going through what we did. I do both master and UC difficulty every month btw, and i think most UC players do the same.
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 84
    Still not sure why this is needed but I will say your compromise is far more reasonable.

    My aim is to make slow progress possible if one is not yet up to the challenge, so that there is no artificial ceiling. I'm happy to allow that The Uncollected get to make far faster progress!
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 84
    edited November 9
    An even more restrictive compromise could be that exploration of Master *only* grants access to chapter one.

    A taster, if you will, that would motivate becoming Uncollected if one wants any more.
  • stakstak Posts: 81
    I'd be okay with a key that unlocked the uncollected/epic difficulty for those that have not beaten the Collector. For 3100 units. You want access to something you haven't earned then you need to pay for it.
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 191
    Work in act 5 chapter 2 -6 Make a good team and take down the collector. Let me tell you being uncollected is rite of passage everyone must go through but have enough revives and units for collector. Then after beating collector you will reap the benefits.
  • No
  • NairvehlNairvehl Posts: 43
    I'm not uncollected and I say no. It feels more like an endgame difficulty that keeps players who have finished the story playing the game. With this monthly key, it takes away that perk.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 333
    If you can’t be uncollected then you don’t want the uncollected monthly EQ trust me. You’re next forum title will be “spent all my resources and still can’t beat the boss”. Do the difficulty when you’re ready.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 99
    Hell no
    Lmfao!
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 84
    Nairvehl wrote: »
    I'm not uncollected and I say no. It feels more like an endgame difficulty that keeps players who have finished the story playing the game. With this monthly key, it takes away that perk.

    With 6* Champs coming in and Act 6 to come, I think that this will change, in that there will be continuity. It's also worth remembering that tier 5 Catalysts are needed to max out 5*s.

    Access to a *single chapter* after exploration of Master would retain the perk while making getting a 6* champ or maxing out a 5* a very rare event indeed, rather like getting a 5* Unstoppable Colossus from loyalty.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 151
    Lol. I could care less. If they wanna waste resources and items slamming their faces against a wall in uncollected after 100% on master, go for it. It’ll take them just as long to progress and beat the collector. I did story 100% about a year ago and my roster is great. I still would not want to go back and face him. So i have no issues with them prolonging the inevitable.
  • So you do realize why it's called Uncollected right?
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 84
    So you do realize why it's called Uncollected right?

    If they change this, they should call it Epic.

    I can see that there are many who see this as an earned privilege, but I expect that there are plenty who would give chapter one a go, which resembles chapter 3 of Master but with tougher fighting. I don't see many who couldn't get Uncollected going past Chapter one, so maybe just a key to the first chapter?
  • Morosoph wrote: »
    So you do realize why it's called Uncollected right?

    If they change this, they should call it Epic.

    I can see that there are many who see this as an earned privilege, but I expect that there are plenty who would give chapter one a go, which resembles chapter 3 of Master but with tougher fighting. I don't see many who couldn't get Uncollected going past Chapter one, so maybe just a key to the first chapter?

    Here's a spoiler since you can't see the UC EQ chapter 1 difficulty: it's easier than chapter 3 master, by a lot. You also don't get 6 star shards for completion. 500 5 star shards for full exploration, but if those are shaved by 75% I'm all for un-uncollected rubes sampling chapter 1.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 399
    Become uncollected, problem solved. End of conversation
  • Go cry and realize yourself is a little baby
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 183
    Just checked out your profile..you might want to try even getting through 100% master difficulty without the help of a boosted symbioid before asking for something like this..and as someone else said, beating the Collector ONCE is pretty much a permanent key
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.