**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CLEAN UP PERCENTAGES (scaled vs flat)

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
When it comes to ability accuracy there’s always a level of guessing. However, when comparing Crossbones to Archangel the percentages mean very different things.

Crossbones has AAR we’ll call “scaled” and Archangel has AA UP we'll call flat

Crossbones’ fury each have a level of Ability Acuracy Reduction. They technically all act independent. Meaning the enemy won’t ever reach TRUE 0% but will come really close (unless this was changed or I have mid information and they add their percentages together and are then applied)

Archangel’s bleed stacks increase poison chances by 25% but this is fundamentally impossible. His poison chance is 0%. No matter how much you multiply it by (which is what you do when you ADD a percentage of something is you take a multiplitive part of it and add that to the base) you’ll get 0 every time. So instead you ADD 25% chance to the zero from an “outside” chance.

The difference is that one method takes a percentage of a percentage and then modifies the latter by the former

The other simply raises the odds by a set value.

We need a bit more clarity in this regard as the wording between old and new champs is getting muddy regarding %chance abilities

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    It was my understanding crossbones's ability accuracy reduction does stack and not act independently or at least that's how he used to work unless I'm just completely forgetting. I can't remember every triggering abilities while using him if I had 5 or more furies
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @Sungj

Well that clears up a question about CB I’ve had burning in my head.

But I am still confused by ability increases like with Domino.

See Archangel gets a flat increase but when Legal Defense is added to a team with hulk his stuns can still fail, albeit 97.75% is almost godly.

I’m mostly interested in how Domino stacks her ability increases between Lucky and “failing to trigger abilities”
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I would much rather them do +x% and
    •x multiplier instead of mixing and matching. I would help a ton.