**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How strong is Karnak?

I recently received a 4* Karnak and I need to know whether he's is worth investing in. If not who should I wait for? I already have 2 other 4* characters but they aren't particularly amazing (abomination and old man Logan), any advice?

Comments

• Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Abom is decent actually (when duped) of course. Karnak is pretty fair, nothing special but I took him to R4 and there he sits til duped.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    he is not ...
  • Options
    Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say 6.5-7. Good, nothing exceptional but useful in some situations.. People underrate him saying he's trash.
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Abom is decent actually (when duped) of course. Karnak is pretty fair, nothing special but I took him to R4 and there he sits til duped.

Actually having him duped doesn't change a lot on offense. Like really nothing at all
  • Options
    Fel_95 wrote: »
    On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say 6.5-7. Good, nothing exceptional but useful in some situations.. People underrate him saying he's trash.

because he is! I have him, awakend lvl 40, he is not good for anything..

I usually use him in arena and when it happens, he is one of the worst champ to use both in time and usefulness terms
  • Options
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Il_JooO wrote: »

I usually use him in arena and when it happens, he is one of the worst champ to use both in time and usefulness terms

Try using him against Magik and use his s3 when she has a bar of power. Also try using his s1 and then hit a duped Spider-man. Karnak is a great champion when used properly. He is a suitable replacement to BW if you do not have her.

I usually go with Crossbones against Magik, never had the need to use Karnak for any event, just arena... but man, there are MANY other good characters to use for reaching the same aim
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

Try using him against Magik and use his s3 when she has a bar of power. Also try using his s1 and then hit a duped Spider-man. Karnak is a great champion when used properly. He is a suitable replacement to BW if you do not have her.

I usually go with Crossbones against Magik, never had the need to use Karnak for any event, just arena... but man, there are MANY other good characters to use for reaching the same aim

CB will work against Magik too, but triggers massive amounts of power gain if the opponent has MD.

But it's like I said...if you do not have a BW he works very well. And to that extent if you do not have a CB he works very well too. To just say he is one of the worst champs is incorrect.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

CB will work against Magik too, but triggers massive amounts of power gain if the opponent has MD.

But it's like I said...if you do not have a BW he works very well. And to that extent if you do not have a CB he works very well too. To just say he is one of the worst champs is incorrect.

I agree with this. I can't imagine fighting Magik with CB in AW (more advanced tiers). He'll get cooked alive with all those MD triggers...

Also, I hear this logic a lot when rating champs. X is better than Y, so Y is junk. This is illogical and not everyone has a full roster. Y, in this case Karnak, could carry someone very far until that player pulls X, if ever.
  • Options
    I think Karnak is okay.

Either spam L1 against evaders like NC and Spidey, or use L3's against champs like Magik and Electro.

His duped ability is pretty low on the scale of utility. But he's NOT garbage! I like to think of him as an alternative skill champ when you lack a stacked roster.

Don't r5 him if you have someone better like Gwenpool, Elektra, or AV. (I don't put CB on that list because of how he feeds MD like crazy, tho in other areas of the game he beasts)
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★

Weird because I have him at rank 5 and he's pretty useful. Guess you should learn to play better.
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    His sig ability is only useful when you run suicides WP heals you a lot
  • Options
    Minion_of_DoomMinion_of_Doom Posts: 110
    edited July 2017

That's not entirely true. His sig ability allows him to shrug off debuffs faster. Makes him come out of stun faster.

You guys that are badmouthing him really are underestimating him. He is not the best skill champ (GP, BW and CB are better). But he is very useful and one of the best champs to beat duped Magik in war.
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★

That's not entirely true. His sig ability allows him to shrug off debuffs faster. Makes him come out of stun faster.

Also posion resistance mate
  • Options

Also posion resistance mate

Oh no, I agree that the poison resistance is nice too. That still wouldn't be enough for me to consider running suicides though.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    wray1976 wrote: »
    Weird because I have him at rank 5 and he's pretty useful. Guess you should learn to play better.

I think you have to shut your mouth because I know how to play, and probably better than you ;)

and btw I have a roster with more useful players respect this one in particular, I know how to use him but Karnak is just a mediocre champ but if you're so good keep using him as your rank 5 useless champ.

oh and save your useless comments on my game ability for you, ok? ;)
  • Options
    420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    wray1976 wrote: »

I think you have to shut your mouth because I know how to play, and probably better than you ;)

I think we are going to need proof from both of you in video form now, lol. If nothing else than for debates sake please.
  • Options
    SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    After using karnak's sp1 try to parry mordo