**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What if Mcoc had LOGIC? Lol

InfineightInfineight Posts: 278
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Imagine Mcoc with logic I.e. The game works logically on the abilities of champs like:
1. Ghost rider to be incernate and coldsnap immune
2. Also the sizes of dormammu and sentinels
3. From where do those upgrade in rocket's sp3 come from. (Also applicable for Magik, gwenpool etc.)
4. Groot and king Groot should have extra incernate or un-ending incernate
5. Electro should be Shock immune
6. The hood should fly (read his dicription) etc.

What do you think guys? Any more of such??

Comments

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Infineight wrote: »
    Imagine Mcoc with logic I.e. The game works logically on the abilities of champs like:
    3. From where do those upgrade in rocket's sp3 come from. (Also applicable for Magik, guillotine, gwenpool etc.)

1. Nah, he is good as is
    2. They are fine
    3. The same place he got Thor’s new eyeball from, Magik summons the sword, Gwenpool...oh well, Guillotine always carries her sword. What do u mean?
    4. Don’t make them suck more, and living wood doesn’t burn well
    5. I guess
    6. He looks cool running tho.
  • Options
    MattPartMattPart Posts: 69
    Video games based on superhero comic books are supposed to be fun, not realistic/logical. Items coming from nowhere is a popular concept in comics/cartoons/games, especially when it's supposed to be fun. It's good when characters abilities in game reflect their skills from the comics, but balance is more important. Sentinel could be big enough to make other players almost invisible while fighting with him, human characters like Widow or Hawkeye could and should be dead after one heavy hit from hulk or other strong guys, not to mention the guns etc., ammunition could be limited, characters could get tired during long fights etc. I just don't see the point, cause it would actually make the game less playable and more complicated than needed.

I could imagine a different Marvel game where everything matches the comics. Not a good idea for a game based on 1v1 duels.

However, some stuff could be tuned to make more sense, like shock immunity for Electro - I guess he doesn't have it because he would introduced quite early, not sure if shock damage was already there at that point.
  • Options
    FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    edited November 2018
    Champions knocked out by the collector should be literally taken away from your questing team, but you'll get purple crystals containing those champions instead!
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    The game already has its own logic ...
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Electro should not be shock immune. If he takes to much energy he will explode
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    If the game had logic, people wouldn't be flying, manipulating Metal and Electricity, and when they died, they'd stay dead. Lol.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I was hoping we were trying to get a new hip hop soundtrack to the game. Wrong Logic I guess!
  • Options
    Infineight wrote: »
    3. From where do those upgrade in rocket's sp3 come from. (Also applicable for Magik, gwenpool etc.)

People are constantly arguing the game is illogical, when what they really mean is it isn't what they expect which isn't always logical either. For example, people keep pointing to Ghost Rider not being incinerate immune as an example, but it is the canonical example of people being essentially completely wrong. The "logic" is "Ghost Rider is constantly on fire, so he should be immune to fire." Except this is canonically false in the Marvel canon. Ghost Rider is not on fire: he is surrounded by mystical flames which he can use for a variety of purposes, but those mystical flames do not burn intrinsically. If they did, Ghost Rider would burn any normal human he touches, but he doesn't. The Ghost Rider is only immune to fire in the comics because as a spirit of vengeance he's essentially invulnerable to any normal damage. "Logic" says he should be immune to punches and bullets also. But real logic says he can't be immune to everything in a video game, so he's only immune to things that the game wants to emphasize.

As a completely separate problem, "incineration" like all things in the game is an extreme simplification for game purposes. It includes conventional damage from flames, things like Hyperion's laser eye beams, and the Phoenix's cosmic energy. Even things completely immune to normal flames wouldn't necessarily be immune to the Phoenix's cosmic fire, but the game again has to simplify to be workable at all.
  • Options
    flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    There is no such thing as logic in a made up sci-fi world. Some say that gives freedom to create, others say its all rubbish. The MCOC world is somewhere in between striving for "balance". Hope this helps.
    Your friend,
    Mephisto, the bleeding demon