Introducing Back Issue #1: Ultron's Assault

13468916

Comments

  • DrakeDrake Posts: 45
    I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about this. The only way I see this being a bust is if it takes a bunch of rank 4s to get the rank 3 to rank 4 gems. Hopefully the rewards will be for getting you to that next tier.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 682
    Credit where credit is due. Based solely on the information since we haven't played the content yet this sounds awesome, and making it permanent makes it so much better. Coupled with the act 6 announcement (even though it was essentially known anyway) and I've gotta say I'm really excited for the continuing of the contest. Not that there were any doubts or a loss of interest or anything but there was a little bit of what's next when I finish exploring act 5 and before LOL and this answers that. Plus more variant additions in the future and you're going to have lots of happy customers. Again great job here
  • DrakeDrake Posts: 45
    I especially love the idea of these "2015 only" rank up gems. I'm betting they'll be obtainable earlier than the unrestricted ones, giving you a reason to rank up champs you'd never consider otherwise. There are a couple good choices in every class. I hope I don't... but if I get 2 mutant gems, I'd r4 Storm and Red Magneto. Short of gems like these, it'd be a long LONG time before I considered taking those champs up that high. I love this idea.
  • This is great news with great rewards, let's just hope it's a fun quest!!!
  • You guys have good points, and it costs NO energy? I didn't notice that. Thanks guys! @xNig @LeNoirFaineant
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 12,629
    edited November 14
    Anyone remember Ant-Man in the Arena? Lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 1,544
    You guys have good points, and it costs NO energy? I didn't notice that. Thanks guys! @xNig @LeNoirFaineant

    When did we mention that it costs no energy? Hm....
  • PandamanPetePandamanPete Posts: 34
    edited November 14
    MCOC Team wrote: »
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal (2015 Champions Only) x3

    Are these going to be class specific? Imagine pulling 3 of the same class; with so few champs (many of which aren't particularly good) it would be frustrating to have to rank a champion that you don't like playing.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 1,567
    MCOC Team wrote: »
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal (2015 Champions Only) x3

    Are these going to be class specific? Imagine pulling 3 of the same class; with so few champs (many of which aren't particularly good) it would be frustrating to have to rank a champion that you don't like playing.

    You’re probably wondering about those 5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gems for 2015 Champions only. Those crystals contain class specific 5-Star Rank Up Gems that can only be used on Champions that were available upon release and those released until the end of 2015!
  • CrushtestCrushtest Posts: 247
    Are those the rewards for this particular classic/variant quest or all of them put together?

    If all of them, how many will there be?

    That's just for this one! We're not sure yet how many more of these will be coming, or how often they'll be released, but we do want to do more!
    You not sure how many Monthly Quests you released? :-)
    Let me help you with that:
    https://mbch.guide/en/quests/spisok-vsex-mesyachnyx-syuzhetok/
    Or you mean you don't have certain plans for releasing more that, let's just say 5 old quests? What If this is a great opportunity for me, because I was in the game since almost beginning and was always wanted to fully dig into the story itself? :-)
    Do you have plans to release all of them in immense future?
    So it could be something like with basic champions on arena. New Monthly Quest arrived, previous came to the shelf with other Back Issues. But that's when we came with another question - rewards :-)
    More quests, more rewards, but this would look a bit strange: you finished the quest, and in the next month you can re-run it for additional rewards...
    The ideas is great, but there are some problem needed to be solved.
  • Wheres the new content? What time is the release in the UK?
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 568
    Mickyt09 wrote: »
    Wheres the new content? What time is the release in the UK?

    10 AM PST is somewhere around 6 PM UK time.
    Or better yet, the exact time that EVERY event starts. :smile:
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 456
    Now here’s the question.. when the end game players complete it then what happens next? Will the new quest update to reset the rewards?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 79
    roberto94 wrote: »
    Now here’s the question.. when the end game players complete it then what happens next? Will the new quest update to reset the rewards?

    Wait for act 6 😀
  • BigPun320BigPun320 Posts: 7
    edited November 14
    Just to get some clarification, having named this event Back Issues #1, does that mean there will be a #2 event at some point? @Kabam Miike
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 79
    So excited for the moonknight-cosmic spidey event with the bugged rewards 🤣
  • Why is no one talking about the 5* r4-5 gem crystal. I reckon that’s the huge part!
  • I think it’s a little weird for everyone to be getting excited OR complaining about rewards, when literally most of us won’t even be able to even complete this content. Not without spending, anyway.

    I’ve been around for quite a while myself... I think about 3 years... and, even though I have put a ton of hours in this game and do spend occasionally, I’m pretty certain Variant difficulty was not made for me, or other people who fall within my subset.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 587
    What are the energy requirements? I see some folks saying no energy at all, but I don't see a single mod saying that.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 1,906
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    What are the energy requirements? I see some folks saying no energy at all, but I don't see a single mod saying that.

    No one said "no energy".. it was a misinterpretation of a comment made by xNig where he said "... free energy" ... he meant free energy as in the normal energy you get everyday that can be spent on this event ...
  • I'm sorry but these rewards are actual garbage. They are absolutely fantastic for anyone able to complete variant difficulty, but from what it sounds like many people won't be able to. However, I would never waste time/energy to complete a quest for 3 PHC's (so 3 2-star champs) and a 3-star hero crystal. A huge portion of people that play this game largely benefit from 4-star shards/crystals whether it be for new champs, increasing sig levels, or duping for extra 5-star shards. The fact that there are NO 4-star shards/crystals in this quest at all is appalling.

    You've left out a huge chunk of people with this reward set up. Variant sounds like it will be for top-tier summoners, and classic seems to be for summoners who still get excited about popping a 3-star champ. Where is the in-between?I'll give Kabam props for actually satisfying top-tier summoners with these rewards, because satisfying them is nearly impossible. I'm just saying there should be a third difficulty level to appeal to the middle class.

    Classic seems like a mix between Normal and Heroic difficulty
    Variant seems like strictly Epic/Uncollected difficulty

    Seems like there should be a difficulty that maybe mixes Heroic/Master difficulties? Hmm..
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,197
    It's going to be fun watching this thread today. Can't wait for the complaining about how the quest or certain fights should be nerfed on day 1.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 1,519
    Raganator wrote: »
    It's going to be fun watching this thread today. Can't wait for the complaining about how the quest or certain fights should be nerfed on day 1.

    This thread, and many others...
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 648
    I think it’s a little weird for everyone to be getting excited OR complaining about rewards, when literally most of us won’t even be able to even complete this content. Not without spending, anyway.

    I’ve been around for quite a while myself... I think about 3 years... and, even though I have put a ton of hours in this game and do spend occasionally, I’m pretty certain Variant difficulty was not made for me, or other people who fall within my subset.

    I definitely fall into that subset
    Well said
  • What are the rewards for completion of variant difficulty?
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 507
    The difficulty of this must be pretty high for these rewards.
    Oh, it won't be easy...

    if you say it wont be easy i assume thats like act5 difficulty.
    so is it like 5.4 hard or 5.1 hard. or does it progress from 5.1 difficulty to 5.4?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,197
    VulcanM wrote: »
    The difficulty of this must be pretty high for these rewards.
    Oh, it won't be easy...

    if you say it wont be easy i assume thats like act5 difficulty.
    so is it like 5.4 hard or 5.1 hard. or does it progress from 5.1 difficulty to 5.4?

    Given the rewards, I would suggest altering your expectations. Very doubtful that they would give such great rewards for an existing difficulty level. Expect harder.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 507
    VulcanM wrote: »
    The difficulty of this must be pretty high for these rewards.
    Oh, it won't be easy...

    if you say it wont be easy i assume thats like act5 difficulty.
    so is it like 5.4 hard or 5.1 hard. or does it progress from 5.1 difficulty to 5.4?

    or is it like RoL hard.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 1,906
    I expect LoL 1st path difficulty level ... at the very least .. rewards are insane!

13468916
Sign In or Register to comment.