**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Difficulty of new ultron quest quests

Comments

• LaserbreakLaserbreak Posts: 18
    This is for players who's completed act 5 100% , LOL and have nothing to do till Act 6. You guys who mad are you ready with act 5% and some paths of LOL?
  • Its permanent. Set yourself a goal to build for to beat it.
  • DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    This is a separate quest apart from everything else. This is additional, do you guys not understand? Kabam has already released a ton for mid level players with Gwenpool goes to the movies and last month’s symbiote quest. This quest was designed for end game players in mind and it’s permanent. Not every single quest is going to be for every player.
    This is a separate quest apart from everything else. This is additional, do you guys not understand? Kabam has already released a ton for mid level players with Gwenpool goes to the movies and last month’s symbiote quest. This quest was designed for end game players in mind and it’s permanent. Not every single quest is going to be for every player.

Do you not understand it used to be all content was completable with a good mix of skill and or money. The scales have tipped heavily towards the money part.
  • DarthVadid wrote: »

Do you not understand it used to be all content was completable with a good mix of skill and or money. The scales have tipped heavily towards the money part.

Which content is no longer completable with a good mix of skill and money, compared to in the past? There are free to play players that still do everything, so unless they are doing it with a good mix of skill and magical powers the game is still doable with just skill and enough game play to create a strong roster.

There were people complaining that Act 4 was not completable without just the right specific champions back in the day. There were people complaining that RoL was not completable without a perfect block team. What I understand is that people have always been complaining about the new thing, and they are basically always off base. Nothing in the game, from LoL to Uncollected to Act 5 exploration to Epic difficulty to Boss Rush to Valiant difficulty seems to be something a good player with decent skills and a long term perspective on roster growth can't eventually progress to and beat.
  • Guys my point was that Kabam should just have added a third intermediate difficulty for average player like, u know rewards like 4* rank up and awakening gems or 4* crystal.
    I a bit saying end game players should not be considered as they deserve their level of content as much as we do but just don't ignore the others.
    Also a average player can't play end game players difficulty but it's vice versa is not true.
    A end game player can play any difficulty.
    So if Kabam has considered end game players that much then they should develop intermediate difficulties of similar event such that end game players can't play like only those who are not uncollected or lvl 60 can play this difficulty as we can't play their level but they can play ours.
    Also money does play a huge part of in this game along with skills as money help u to get divorced and right champs just take example of youtuber crystal opening whale, non spending players just can't spend more than120,000 units on crystals but skills does matter.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    The whole varient difficulty seems to be basically a scheme to continue to satisfy the part of the community that spends way more than the average regular joe, so that Kabam can continue on going.

If Variant difficulty causes a lot of impatient people to spend like crazy to be the first, and that lets me get the exact same rewards as they do but for free and months or even a year later, that's a win for everyone except poor impatient people. I'm fine with that. Rich impatient people are fine with it. Poor patient people are fine with it. Only people who must be first but not willing to pay to be first are not happy with it. I'm fine with that also.

This goes way deeper than just “being a patient player”. This can lead to something I like to call Gaming Addiction. But I will not speak more into that topic because it is a lot more controversial then what you are talking about.

Either way, if people do end up waiting and biding their time to accumulate a larger and more highly ranked roster for the future to do Varient Difficulty, for some it could take years on end bc of Real life stuff like jobs, family, etc.

But hey; If it means I complete Varient using less units and resources in the long run, so be it. I agree with you on that point I guess

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Have done 1 chapter so far and because of the restrictions most of my team where 4*s. Your arguments are silly and need to stop. Its a permanent content just like LOL. Did you guys complain you couldnt 100% that with 3* when you first started? No. Are they not allowed to release difficult content anymore?

I cant express how much I agree with this statement. To everyone complaining about the difficulty, its a permenat quest that you can finish whenever. To the same ones complaining about this quest, are you also complaining about LoL? Just because it say level 40 and above, doesnt mean you are going to dominate the content. Take your time with it and chip away. Do Eqs and come back and do more Variant level.

Bottom line, stop complaining period. There are already several proven attempts with 4* showing that it can be done. If You cant do it, it's not the games fault. Work at getting better.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Have done 1 chapter so far and because of the restrictions most of my team where 4*s. Your arguments are silly and need to stop. Its a permanent content just like LOL. Did you guys complain you couldnt 100% that with 3* when you first started? No. Are they not allowed to release difficult content anymore?

I cant express how much I agree with this statement. To everyone complaining about the difficulty, its a permenat quest that you can finish whenever. To the same ones complaining about this quest, are you also complaining about LoL? Just because it say level 40 and above, doesnt mean you are going to dominate the content. Take your time with it and chip away. Do Eqs and come back and do more Variant level.

Bottom line, stop complaining period. There are already several proven attempts with 4* showing that it can be done. If You cant do it, it's not the games fault. Work at getting better.

Slightly disagree with that final statement. We don’t pick our champs out of the crystals. The game does. So technically if we don’t have decent champs per the restrictions on the chapters, but have 100% act 5 & LoL. How is that the players fault?

Not to mention the potential argument of resources to rank up said champs. While 4* may do the trick still in parts of this quest. Some people may still have bad 4* luck and not have time to do arenas for their basics.

So while most of what you said has valid points. It’s not all on the player.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I think one of the key critisims about Ultron Assault is the gap between Classic and Variant
    Just like Kabam created Act 1 and Act 5 for story quest only and you are asking mid-tier players to wait
    Some ppl saying there are Master/Heoric/Act 4 for mid-tier and they are just side track the discussion. If everything is discussed as a whole, then Kabam better create Act 6 for end game players.
    Jaded wrote: »

Slightly disagree with that final statement. We don’t pick our champs out of the crystals. The game does. So technically if we don’t have decent champs per the restrictions on the chapters, but have 100% act 5 & LoL. How is that the players fault?

Not to mention the potential argument of resources to rank up said champs. While 4* may do the trick still in parts of this quest. Some people may still have bad 4* luck and not have time to do arenas for their basics.

I would agree with you more if it was a timed event but it's not. Just like LoL, if you aren't ready or don't have champs then just wait and build it up. Tb5 and t2A are the only hard to get resources. Activity dictates how quickly you can attain t4b/c.f..
    Reference wrote: »
    I think one of the key critisims about Ultron Assault is the gap between Classic and Variant
    Just like Kabam created Act 1 and Act 5 for story quest only and you are asking mid-tier players to wait
    Some ppl saying there are Master/Heoric/Act 4 for mid-tier and they are just side track the discussion. If everything is discussed as a whole, then Kabam better create Act 6 for end game players.

Story quests are a progressive questing system not meant to see large gaps in difficulty. Ultrons quests were designed to have a large gap on purpose. Again, you can complete them any time and don't have to knock it out in 1 day.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »

I would agree with you more if it was a timed event but it's not. Just like LoL, if you aren't ready or don't have champs then just wait and build it up. Tb5 and t2A are the only hard to get resources. Activity dictates how quickly you can attain t4b/c.f..

Which is fair, I don’t disagree with you. I was just reinforcing the rng end of the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    travgiant wrote: »
    It's not about how hard this content is, I think it's great that they add difficult content for those people who have beaten everything and are getting bored with the game. The problem I have with back issues is that it has content suitable for the bottom 10% with classic difficulty, and content suitable for the top 10% with variant difficulty. Why is there no content for the 80% of us in the middle.

The variant content isn't for the top 10%, it is for everyone. Some people can do it now. Some people will do it later. But whether I can do it now or not, variant is for me. It is for me to aspire to complete.

Monthly quests are different from permanent content. When the content is only going to be around for a month, each difficulty level is in one sense targeted at a specific subset of the playerbase. But in a broader sense, and in particular for permanent content like the story Acts, the content isn't targeted at different player groups. The content is intended for everyone to progress through at different times in their progression.

I would agree with this. Naturally it's FOR anyone Level 40 and over. It may not be doable right away, but it's definitely something to work towards if we choose. It's not easy, not by far. Which is why the Rewards are significant. It's permanent, so there's all the time we need. At least for the duration of the game.

Story quests are a progressive questing system not meant to see large gaps in difficulty. Ultrons quests were designed to have a large gap on purpose. Again, you can complete them any time and don't have to knock it out in 1 day.

If Ultron quest was meant to be permanent for end game player, Kabam can simply just create Variant only, why need a Classic if not meant to be progressive?
  • exc3lexc3l Posts: 67
    There should be a medium that awards 5* when done and or 4* rank up stuff and gems to help us out because we don't feel like we've gotten much love sense everyone got the gpgttp. Will I do the basic yeah because that's 200 units I can spend on mastery while auto fighting yes. But I kinda see the point now I wanna see what will come in the future. There's still black Friday Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up so we might be getting some pretty op rewards than.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    Providing a tough and enjoyable content is a good thing but this level difficulty is insane . There are so many action games with good fights and story and popular than this but no one give this type of difficulty it's really insane totally a money grab thing . All players are not end game players or highly skilled even a highly skilled cannot complete this . I think only 8-10% player base can complete this difficulty with the power of money . Developer should think about this give difficulty that atleast 50% players base can clear that . providing only hard content is not so good thing .it should be fun . Providing hard content is not creative .
    Boss with health more than 400k and attack 17k is really a lazy thought . Do something atleast more than 50% player can complete . Every time I see something new it's only about high difficulty ,high difficulty and high difficulty. And stupid will say they informed . Informing doesn't mean they can do anything .
    Let's place a boss with health 700k and attack 50k and informed that it's tough .it's wrong .

If Ultron quest was meant to be permanent for end game player, Kabam can simply just create Variant only, why need a Classic if not meant to be progressive?

The Classic difficulty is for nostalgia purposes only. If you weren't around in 2015 playing the game, this will show you how far EQ's have come since then. Classic is exactly how the quest was presented to players and this was before UC difficulty was a mode. It's basically some free rewards without much effort where the "real" challenge was always going to be the Variant mode. There are all kinds of other content for mid-tier. This particular event doesn't need to have a mid-tier difficulty.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

The Classic difficulty is for nostalgia purposes only. If you weren't around in 2015 playing the game, this will show you how far EQ's have come since then. Classic is exactly how the quest was presented to players and this was before UC difficulty was a mode. It's basically some free rewards without much effort where the "real" challenge was always going to be the Variant mode. There are all kinds of other content for mid-tier. This particular event doesn't need to have a mid-tier difficulty.

Even then, the rewards for classic difficulty is not worth the energy cost. If it really is for nostalgia purposes, they should at least make all 3 chapters cost 1 energy per step

This is a pretty subjective reply and just loop back to the question: if it is supposed to be standalone permanent and targeting end game players, why not simply put it as Act 6?

Kabam can create Realm of Legends, yet they created RTTL and LoL at the same. Can you see the logic?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

This is a pretty subjective reply and just loop back to the question: if it is supposed to be standalone permanent and targeting end game players, why not simply put it as Act 6?

Kabam can create Realm of Legends, yet they created RTTL and LoL at the same. Can you see the logic?

The purpose of RTTL is to prepare people for LOL.
  • Wanted to complain about no mid tier level. Please include all players when you make your content
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    You mid level players are ridiculous.

When new content is introduced, it doesn't automatically mean EVERYONE is meant to get a piece of the pie. Don't be greedy and 100% your Act 5 and LOL like the top tier players have done to BUILD your roster to tackle Variant.

If you've not 100% A5 and LOL, don't complain about a lack of roster.

And for mid level players, you want your 4* AGs and 5* shards, go 100% A4.

You want your 5* AGs and 6* shards, go 100% A5.

You want more T2A fast? Go 100% LOL.

If you have not 100% all these, then don't complain about Back Issues only have Classic and Variant because there IS content suitable for you to do NOW. It's only cause you're greedy for MORE rewards from something NEW that you're making a ruckus.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    I don't know about everyone else but I'm waiting for my r3 6* cap corvus or blade for variant hahah
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    edited November 2018
    Seatin was right Kabam community is nr 1. winning community