**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Opinion Rant; Worst month of this game

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    We have two separate issues here. One is the problems people are experiencing with the game. Having experienced a number of them myself, I can attest that they exist. However, compounding them into a list of problems only adds to the frustration already present.
    The second issue is preference. Everyone is entitled to their views and feelings on content. However, when they release content under contract with Marvel, in conjunction with a Major Motion Picture Release, there's very little they can do to please those who don't like Spider-Man. Whether someone prefers him or not, he's one hell of an addition to The Contest.
    It's true that some aren't experiencing issues and others are. They exist regardless. At the same rate, having arguments about them and compounding them into one huge issue is not really helping the situation get resolved any faster. They're aware. We're here everyday. They're working on them as they can.
    As for Spider-Man, I'm sorry they didn't check in with you first. Lol.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Parry has gotten worse with every update for me.
  • Options
    ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    danielmath wrote: »
    I'm in the dash back motion. Magneto's is harder to dodge, yes, but it doesn't alter how the Mastery itself works. If you guys don't understand how that works, I can't help you.

We're trying to help you, cause you're showing examples of where you're messing up. Take the advice and use it man!

Even if you're right, I still posted another GIF showing that it's a bug! Plus, I proved that I wasn't wrong! I'm going to sleep. Goodnight. Have fun explaining to yourselves how Dexterity alters its function based on the enemy.
    Dexterity - Evade all attacks while dodging back....

Dexterity is one of the things in this game not bugged, thank the grandmaster. The mastery works when you "dodge" something, whether that be a physical/energy attack or a projectile. If you weren't supposed to be hit, you aren't dodging back. You are dashing back. Mag's special 1 has a slower projectile speed (unlike WS). So the point at which you swipe back is too soon making it a dash because that was not the point you were going to get hit. If you swipe back at the right moment, you will dodge and dexterity will trigger.

For future reference you can't prove your point with different champions. Needs to be the same champs.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    The video only shows your swiped back to soon to evade magnetos special one, it's the same with dr strange and scarlet witch special one, your timing is way off
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    This is gonna be my final point. I totally understand that Magneto's projectile travels slowly, making it harder to successfully dodge. That's not my point, you guys are actually correct on that.

"Evade all attacks while Dodging back" is the description of Dexterity. My point with posting the Wolverine GIF of him dodging the SP1 of WS was to show what the game considers a dodge back. Dexterity triggers throughout the entire dodge back, even at the very end, as the video shows.. Until you're standing, the game considers it a dodge back. That's why Wolverine could dodge that attack.

In the Magneto GIF, I was still dashing back when it hit me. The speed of the projectile effects the time frame that you can successfully avoid it, yes, but it doesn't effect how Dexterity itself works. As that Wolverine GIF shows, Dexterity triggers all the way until you stand back up. I hadn't stood back up yet, and the projectile hit me. The speed of the projectile is irrelevant once it hits me. It hit me, yet I was still dashing back. If I had gone WAY too early, and finished my dash back before it hit me, then your explanation would be correct. But that didn't happen. I went at a good time, and was dashing back as I should. It hit me while I was in the backwards motion, which is what Dexterity is supposed to prevent. If you still don't get it, go ask a mod or something. I'll post the GIFs right here.

Proof that "dodge back" means "until you're standing again".
    dltae7d2in63.gif

Something hitting me before I was stood up again, which is considered the "dodge back", which is when Dexterity is supposed to trigger.
    1pmj0d1dmorn.gif

Uncontroversial video right here. It shows that Dexterity is bugged regardless of whether you think I timed it good enough against Magneto. I was still dashing back, and it wasn't a slow projectile. It should've missed.
    8vgwv6fgatuy.gif

Can we at least all agree on the last one? I know that I'm right on the second one, I was dodging back regardless of whether it's slow. But the third one, even if you think it was my fault on the second, shows something that ISN'T a slow projectile hitting me as I go back. That's a bug.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I haven't had any issues with this game either. I have the occasional miss but that's it for me
  • Options
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Easier to say "yeah, i was wrong, now I understand" than to produce labelled GIFs / videos / pictures / essays / dissertations ...

But I wasn't wrong. I've said why repeatedly. I was in the dash back motion, which lasts until you stand back up, when I got hit. That's a glitch. And if you don't think it is, despite video proof, then I posted ANOTHER GIF showing that it's still a bug.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    "Hey remember 12.0, gosh that was the best month ever"
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    "Hey remember 12.0, gosh that was the best month ever"

At least we got free stuff then. I don't see any compensation right now.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    There is nothing to warrant compensation. Kabam doesn't have to give us anything
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    There is nothing to warrant compensation. Kabam doesn't have to give us anything

We have to spend units on Revives and Potions because they can't get their Beta Team to find these issues.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Regardless of how many gifs you post, dexterity has always worked this way. Get over it.
  • Options
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Regardless of how many gifs you post, dexterity has always worked this way. Get over it.

It hasn't always worked that way. I'm trying to complete ROL for the first time, and I can't. If you think that THIS is how Dexterity should work:
    t1t0sjhu2far.gif
    Then you must not use Dexterity too often.
This discussion has been closed.