Arena grind vs rewards

hey kabam, first i want to say that i do enjoy this game very much. several of my co workers and myself have spent many an hour, not to mention quite a few dollars in your game. we have gotten more than a little frustrated with the arenas. we all have put in a serious grind into one of the 3 day arenas to try to get us a new 4 star hero only to find out that the winning 10% players have such a rediculousley high score that it is disheartening . it is enough to make one pull away from the game. i have seen several youtube videos and posts about the same subject. can you look into this situation or at very leastput out some type of comment as to why you will not open up the brackets so that more of us players can gain the rewards of our hours of game play.
«1

Comments

  • JazzyJeff1981JazzyJeff1981 Posts: 177
    Arena scores aren't too high, you just don't like playing it enough. People have been complaining about arena scores since the beginning, and its always the people who aren't putting in the work. I don't ever see the guys who win feature after feature on here complaining that its too much work.
  • ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    I hate grinding, but I don't have a problem doing it if I want the champ badly. I can score 11-12m no worries without boosts or units.

    In saying that, I feel it would be possible for kabam to create some mathematical system to put the basic 4* in the milestone rewards instead of the rank rewards.

    They have tons of data based on past arenas, they know which champs are popular and which are plain garbage. They could also apply "inflation" of 1% or something with each new arena to account for everyone's progression and roster growth.

    I think it's very bad for the longevity of the game to have hundreds, if not thousands of people missing out on the champ by <500k points. Especially when they burned a whole weekend to score something like 6m.
  • ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 90
    edited July 17
    i have a few 4* champions, and my 3* gwenpool is still one of my best champs.
    i would have really loved to get her 4* version, but grinding 24/7 for 3 days?
    maybe if i was guaranteed to get her. with all the stories i've heard of people grinding arenas the 3 days and falling short, i'd rather try my luck trying to pull her from a crystal. i'd gladly spend all my free time and half my sleep time grinding arenas for 7 days straight if she was a milestone reward.
    but being a ranking reward means people can grind the whole duration of the arena and still fail to get the champ. that's why i'm not exactly fond of going for featured champs in arena.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 89
    edited July 17
    Arena scores are high because of pure panic. "Hyperion was 6.4m? I have to go higher for GP." And it repeats.

    The CUTOFF however is different. It really does have to do with the pool of players. For those who do not know the math behind it (skip if you know):

    In any arena that offers a champion within a certain percentage, it winners of the champion are in that percentage bracket SOLELY based upon the total number of players who enter the bracket for ranked rewards (for ex. Basic Arena is 150,000 pts and I will use this to explain further.) For example say you have a total of 136,700 people playing in the arena, and they all score at least 150,000 points. The person that ranked the lowest which is 136,700, aka, the person who scores 150,000 points determines the cutoff of the 1-10% bracket. Taking 10% of 136,700 players is 13,670 players. So anyone who has that rank of 13,670 or higher will get the champion. How do we get more players to get the champion? More players need to place to get a rank. If 200,000 players score at least 150,000, then 20,000 players will get the champion.


    TL:DR

    How do we get more players in? Make the milestone rewards more enticing. Even if it is just the150k milestone. Make em an offer they can't refuse. However Kabam needs to keep the game competitive. Everyone can not get the champ.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 168
    Maybe some 4* generic sig stones at the 150k mark
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 168
    I think if they made the basic champ a 5 mil milestone it'll work out fine. Many still wouldn't put in the time
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 149
    edited July 17
    I personally think that arena scores ARE high. One of the main reasons, is that Kabam has made several changes to lower the grind time (scores). Each time it gets right back to what it was. Scoring 6 million + for a champ is a lot of work. No way around it...even if you have the champs, units, time,....it's still a pain to do. People that constantly win don't complain because ....they're winnning..duh. If you ask them for their optinion on this I'm sure they would much rather score less to get a champ. You'll never find someone that'll say..."I would much rather have to score 6-7mil+ per arena, instead of lowering it"

    Let's be honest, it's high! You're right, either do it or don't do it. But you can't say that the scores are not high.
  • jstgoofyjstgoofy Posts: 2
    i dont mind grinding for 3 days to get a champ. i have tried doing so several time s since starting this game. my highest score that i have been able to achieve was 2.6 and i got no champ. to make it to 6 million or more i would have to forgo sleep and all other aspects of my life for that 3 days and that is unreasonable. i agree that the champs should be a milestone reward with maybe awakening gems or shards for rank rewards
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 25
    if your highest ever score was 2.6m you probably dont have a big enough roster to be going for popular basics work on the other parts of the game focus on getting 1.6-1.7m per basic arena for the 500-200 shard rewards and soon you will have a roster big enough to work with to get those higher scores
  • DropfaithDropfaith Posts: 588
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    I think if they made the basic champ a 5 mil milestone it'll work out fine. Many still wouldn't put in the time

    Right great you just raised the cutoff on lesser champs by 3 million locking out newer players building their roster..

    That's the problem you don't wanna do 7m fine but to say let's raise the bad champs cut?.
    Glad you want your way but screwing others isn't the way to get it.
    I have every 4 star so yea
  • ctp1223 wrote: »
    Arena scores are high because of pure panic. "Hyperion was 6.4m? I have to go higher for GP." And it repeats.

    The CUTOFF however is different. It really does have to do with the pool of players. For those who do not know the math behind it (skip if you know):

    In any arena that offers a champion within a certain percentage, it winners of the champion are in that percentage bracket SOLELY based upon the total number of players who enter the bracket for ranked rewards (for ex. Basic Arena is 150,000 pts and I will use this to explain further.) For example say you have a total of 136,700 people playing in the arena, and they all score at least 150,000 points. The person that ranked the lowest which is 136,700, aka, the person who scores 150,000 points determines the cutoff of the 1-10% bracket. Taking 10% of 136,700 players is 13,670 players. So anyone who has that rank of 13,670 or higher will get the champion. How do we get more players to get the champion? More players need to place to get a rank. If 200,000 players score at least 150,000, then 20,000 players will get the champion.


    TL:DR

    How do we get more players in? Make the milestone rewards more enticing. Even if it is just the150k milestone. Make em an offer they can't refuse. However Kabam needs to keep the game competitive. Everyone can not get the champ.

    KABAM needs to keep the game earning money. They do a great job baiting us to use our Special Cash Abilities ;)
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 129
    If you want champion you desire, start with some unpopular 4* champions first to build up your roster. Those 4* champion usually has lower cutoff. 2.6mil usually can get your some 4* basic in arena already. If you only compete in more popular 4* and complain about it, I am sorry that you did this the wrong way.
  • SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 232
    I have a 4* gwenpool I'd loved to have her duped but I just can't grind it. If you can kudos. I'd still appreciate and alternate way besides the rng.

  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 142
    I have a 4* gwenpool I'd loved to have her duped but I just can't grind it. If you can kudos. I'd still appreciate and alternate way besides the rng.

    even with ZERO arena grinding you can get steady stream of 4* champs. (grinding arena will make it faster).

    join an active alliance that is participating in the events that get you shards. if your alliance is less active than you, join another. there are plenty of alliances full of members that have your same activity level.

    this was how i build up my roster so that later i could grind arena.

    also, i am using the same method to build up roster so that i can grind in feature arena (not there yet).
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 129
    Start with champion "you do not like" in arena to build up your roster. Usually those have low cut off.
    Complete all events to get shards and units (at least to the point where you can get units).
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    It's always been a massive grind to get heroes in arena, but the simple thing is to enter the arena that suits your roster. I did the 2&3* roster last time and even with only 18 3* guys got in the top 25%. Not enough to get the hero, but enough to win a few shards.

    And in the 2* arena I can finish top 10% every time as I have 40+. It is pointless entering any others.
  • BattlecryGWJBattlecryGWJ Posts: 14
    People have been complaining about arena scores since the beginning, and its always the people who aren't putting in the work.

    I put up over 7m in the basic arena and earned GP, and I still think that the cutoffs have gotten rather ridiculous.
  • NoCharlesNoCharles Posts: 40
    They have gotten too high. I think there should be a restriction towards basic arena the people with more than 30 4*s shouldn't be allowed as they can easily do featured.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 319
    edited July 20
    NoCharles wrote: »
    They have gotten too high. I think there should be a restriction towards basic arena the people with more than 30 4*s shouldn't be allowed as they can easily do featured.

    Yes. Let's restrict players who are active or have been playing long enough to have a big roster, yet may be missing a specific champ who is available as the basic champ by telling them "Hey you have too many champs so you are forbidden from getting a basic arena champ ever!"

    Best idea I've heard today....NOT!
  • ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 90
    but there is a valid point in that post: people with a strong and well established roster should not be competing against new players in the beginner leagues.
  • I think I deserve to win a marathon. I don't want to train for it or even run all 26 miles of it. Maybe like walk 3 or 4 miles?? Can I still get the gold medal?
  • I think I deserve to win a marathon. I don't want to train for it or even run all 26 miles of it. Maybe like walk 3 or 4 miles?? Can I still get the gold medal?

    This analogy, which I see people using a lot ... is nonsense.
  • ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 90
    skipping training doesn't necesarily guarantee a loss, so...
    so yeah
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited July 21
    I'm not a grinder - I don't really have the time, and to be honest, I find it too repetitive and boring.

    I'll happily hit the 1.1 million needed for t4b, because that's very easy to do with my roster and can be done at a casual pace. But I don't grind for the "must-have" champs - it's too much of a time suck.

    I'll admit, though, this puts me at a disadvantage. I've been playing for 2+ years now and there are still tons of champs I'd love to have that I don't, even more I'd like to duped. There are members of alliances I've been in that have been playing for half the time and have twice the roster because they put in the effort to grind. It's not for everyone (it's not for me) but if you're going to decide to do it you cant be half-assed - you have to put in a weekend to do it, like the guys I know do.

    It's also, probably, worth me saying that the last time I grinded was for Hyperion - I got hit by the android outage and just missed the cut-off by like 100k or something. It really put a dark cloud over the experience for me and I decided that my time is better spent elsewhere.
  • I think I deserve to win a marathon. I don't want to train for it or even run all 26 miles of it. Maybe like walk 3 or 4 miles?? Can I still get the gold medal?

    This analogy, which I see people using a lot ... is nonsense.

    You, and most people who bitch about missing out in arenas, clearly don't understand what a contest is.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 29
    If you're an Android user, every score is high

    The sheer amount of time lost on slow load screens and slow help requests is ridiculous.

    It was mostly fixed 13.0 then 5 hours later they killed the android server and its back to where it's been for months
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 168
    edited July 21
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    I think if they made the basic champ a 5 mil milestone it'll work out fine. Many still wouldn't put in the time

    Right great you just raised the cutoff on lesser champs by 3 million locking out newer players building their roster..

    That's the problem you don't wanna do 7m fine but to say let's raise the bad champs cut?.
    Glad you want your way but screwing others isn't the way to get it.
    I have every 4 star so yea

    Was just an option, Kabam doesn't want everyone to have the champs from arena so you can't make the cutoff too low. I think 5m is reasonable and it guarantees the champion. I put up 5+ million in the old arena system when I was newer so it can be done. Of course it took time and units but it was done.

    But since you didn't like that how about 5m for first time basic champ and 3m for older basics? Or what do you think would be a better solution?



  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    If your roster is 200k you get 1 million head start XD
  • DropfaithDropfaith Posts: 588
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    I think if they made the basic champ a 5 mil milestone it'll work out fine. Many still wouldn't put in the time

    Right great you just raised the cutoff on lesser champs by 3 million locking out newer players building their roster..

    That's the problem you don't wanna do 7m fine but to say let's raise the bad champs cut?.
    Glad you want your way but screwing others isn't the way to get it.
    I have every 4 star so yea

    Was just an option, Kabam doesn't want everyone to have the champs from arena so you can't make the cutoff too low. I think 5m is reasonable and it guarantees the champion. I put up 5+ million in the old arena system when I was newer so it can be done. Of course it took time and units but it was done.

    But since you didn't like that how about 5m for first time basic champ and 3m for older basics? Or what do you think would be a better solution?



    I grind 18m features it's a contest some people win some don't.. the system is fine
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.