**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cable - how good is he

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Is cable is a good defense champ for AW ?

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Just got him as a 4* this weekend. I am also curious.

Before now, I only had him as a maxed 3* used to grind arenas...
  • DARKLOKIDARKLOKI Posts: 50
    meh
  • WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    edited July 2017
    never mind, answered the wrong question
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I like him as a 3* and plan on grinding for his basic. I like his kit, he's not op but still fun to play with. I like Cable in the comics so I'd rank him up regardless though.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    I like him.

Putting degen on, and then using the l2 is fun, but he's horrible against willpower.
  • VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    He can be nuisance if you stumble upon him with bleeder. Other then that he's just a punching bag.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    His moves flow well, his heavy with degeneration is a great way to start a match after the first parry. He's not god tier, but I took him to 5/50 after getting Wolvie to 5/50 and I use them both regularly.

EDIT: Sorry, should have read the OP properly. I like him on offence, I wouldn't use him on defence.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Hi guys , does anyone getting regen from cable , I noticed it's not getting any regen
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Sometimes you can stack his Regen if you gain an extra bar of power quickly enough. But it's not abnormal for the regen to be rare, only around a 15% chance to trigger so it's unlikely it will.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    He looks amazing. His overall use in the game hasn't been found yet, he's a decent AW defender but other than that he hits like a wet noodle
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I find him quite useful for questing. I agree his damage output isn't the best but if you start off with parry and heavy that's the strongest Degen you can do since they don't have any power. Degen has decent damage for its duration imo. His sp2 is pretty useful, quite a large ability accuracy reduction and works in a slightly different way to champs like black widow. He's able to stop symbiote spidey from gaining his evade buffs and things like that. I actually used an awakening gem on mine since I had 2 mutant ones. The power flood is handy to have since it gives you more bars and in turn more chance to Regen or use specials 2 and 3 which is where his main abilities come into play. When the Regen does trigger it can give you quite a bit health back, it's great when it stacks especially. I think he's a good utility champion, sort of like Karnak how he has a good set of abilities to take on a variety of opponents. PI is good as well. Not game changing but still a solid champ if you play well with him.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Fair points @MegaSkater67, I have a 3* 4/40 one and a 4* 3/30 and don't really use him outside of arena unfortunately. Maybe I'll get him up one day he is a fun character to play and he looks amazing
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Meh.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    He's kinda interesting on the enhanced sp1 + kinetic reactor node in AW.
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    In AW hes good as a miniboss, his low armor/ health makes him not so good on regular nodes.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    In AW hes good as a miniboss, his low armor/ health makes him not so good on regular nodes.

Thanks really helpful info
    My book belongs in another thread, 2nd post answers it.
  • MaggieMaggie Posts: 23
    He has terrible offense
  • J0NisCOOLJ0NisCOOL Posts: 115
    Cable is the definition of mediocrity. All else a side, when at a high dupe level isnt half bad on nodes that boost ability triggers or power gain. Thorns is not a bad spot for him either. Hes fun to play with and looks awesome, Sp Attacks suck though so he kinda blows every where else besides arena grinds and defense below tier 5
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Honestly his regen should be like limbo
    12.5% chance at 1 bar
    25% at 2 bar
    And 50% at 3 bar

His regen isn't anywhere close to the regen champs so I think he should atleast deserve this much
    Maybe add it when hes awakened???
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    He's middle tier not trash like Iron Patriot or Spider Gwen yet not god tier like Iceman or Starlord
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    Idontinkso wrote: »

Thanks really helpful info

YW.

I use the cyclops and phoenix synergy team with cable on AQ offense often but when cable is on AW D I will keep that trio together as well. This is because of the extra 8% power gain on top of the power floods and 12% health. NC adds perfect block to the team, seems to trigger more than you think it would too.
    Hyperion fits well into the 5th slot on D or offense. he loves that extra 8% power too.