**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ægon block proficiency bug. How did that even happen?

2»

Comments

• MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    Kenny292 wrote: »
    MrMaat wrote: »
    it would have been a very simple data entry error.
    the person inputting the data for Aegon would have simply put the wrong number and no percentage.
    the number in green is like that because it reads the data and shows watever the data reads.

this is just a case of someone entering the wrong number and noone checking/realising.
    easiest and most common way that bugs happen. this kind of bug is acceptable as it happens all the time in alot of games very easily.

Accidentally put 12466.67 instead of 85? That's a pretty wild jump.

that number is not what would have been inputted. that number would be shown there as the result of a calculation done elsewhere.
    so it would be somewhere else a number was wrong and it would throw off an entire calculation.
    or where it should display 85 would actually be referencing a cell in a data base and instead of it being told to reference cell 110 it is instead referencing cell 111.
    coding is all about on thing calling another and calculations done here and there. the numbers displayed are rarely the numbers inputted and the results can be off by along way due to the smallest error.
    which is why 1 error somewhere very often has unintended problems elsewhere.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    I saw the change some 9 hours before the announcement. I assume Ægon is fixed now (though it does not mean I can get through him still)?
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173
    So far no compensation... I'd prefer get my units back... I don't need potions right now