**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How much does synergy matter?

How much do synergies factor in to your decisions on who to rank? For example, I have a duped 5 Star Blade and a 5 Star unduped Dormammu. Now normally I wouldn’t waste a lot of resources and effort ranking Dormammu, but because of his synergy with Blade should this change my perspective? Similarly, I have a 5/50 duped Medusa and a 3/45 unduped Quake, I also have an unduped 4 Star Blackbolt who I wouldn’t really pay much attention to were it not for the fact he has some pretty nice synergies with those two.

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    For me the champ must first and foremost be decent on its own before synergies come into play. On its own dormammu is double immune and has power control, well worth the rank up. Mephisto in the same boat but since his kit is not as useful and is still bleedable, I won't rank him up higher than dormammu. Even killmonger/sabertooth/void are all great on their own, yet enhanced by each other.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    If you have resources to blow, sure go for it. Under normal circumstances, I would not rank champs that act as condiments.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Depends. Black Bolt I might. Medusa is alreadydy ranked up and I pull and dupe black Bolt I’ll probably be inclined to r3 him to save health on Medusa for the bigger fights who really loves her royal status

Karnak? Not so much

Mephisto I could easily rank just for defense alone

Dormammu… (4* Duped) TBH I really hate him. He’s always felt clumsy to me despite the fact I KNOW he’s really great I just can’t stand him personally and idk what it is about him that makes me hate using him. If I ever get past that I would probably rank him to go with Blade

Blade is actually another weird one where (4* duped) I know he’s really this ultimate killer with a lot of teen but so far I’m not too impressed by his standard kit. As is he’s technically support for Sparky but with synergy he’s well worth the investment and then some especially with the Trinity supporting him.

But then you look at Colossus and Phoenix who get buffed by Omega and/or Emma and…

Frankly Omega gets very little out of the Colossus Synergy and Wolverine also gets more from it turning him into basically X23 with better regen (awesome) while Colossus still barely does anything.
    Emma only benefits from Phoenix although the Colossus one is a solid boost for her.

Would I rank up Phoenix for Emma? No I’d very much be happy with a 3* Phoenix empowering my Emma and as for Omega… he can get the same interaction with Wolverine and technically fits MUCH better as an add on to the Unholy Trinity (who could easily be an unholy quartet thanks to Void and Sabertooth both being enhanced by Omega and he naturally covers poison immune and almost covers bleed immune.
    Omega lets Sabertooth gets additional bleed and gives void more Presence damage. In return Omega gets quicker/longer spores that also deal more damage

Omega and Sabertooth also snap into the Domino squad with Rulk and Masacre relatively easily as well. Masacre plays with a lot more fire, Rulk starts wth twice the amount of scorch, domino is super lucky and her debuffs last longer including that new Incinerate, omega gets hardier spores, Sabertooth gets bleed on basics and better fury and better regen.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I also forgot Rulk gives Omega Parry spores and although he doesn’t get much since inceration costs scorch you don’t always have it helps him fit much cleaner onto the “Fire Trinity” as it’s one of Onega’s better Synergies as well (the other 2 being the Fast/Long spores with Saber/Deadpool and and Parry spores with Rulk/Skull)