Announcing: The Champion’s Clash

1246

Comments

  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,226 ★★★
    Haha I thought there were 4 rooms in chapter 2, my bad that challenge is about right for the rewards
  • Matt13458Matt13458 Posts: 27
    It’s a stupid event that you have to do every path before you can get to the boss what are kabam thinking
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,455 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    They very well could have made it a 5* Gem Crystal, but it probably would have been at the expense of other Rewards because everything has to be balanced and in proportion to the effort.

    Instead of a generic 4* AND a class 4* awakening gem they could have put one generic (or class) 5* gem and it would be more appropriate and balanced. It would make more sense for the content and for the other rewards. The quest awards a sizable amount of 6* shards as well as a fully formed 5* crystal. 4* awakening gems are out of place here.

    People are using R4 or even R5 five stars on this and having difficulty - including the 'pros' and streamers. 'Overtime' is not designed with 4* characters in mind - especially not 4* characters who still need to be ranked/awoken.

    Are they still relevant for Easy-to-Hard content? Sure. But they're also not as uncommon as they used to be, newer players are pulling five stars quicker and four stars more often. 3* characters slowly became less and less relevant as 5* became more prominent and now that 6* show up more, the 4* will become (contextually) less and less relevant.

    Opening a 4* crystal for me used to be a big thing, now I pop open five to ten in a two week period and I barely care who I get.

    Here's a thought - the misconception survived... because it's NOT really a misconception. 4* are the new 3* and 3* characters are essentially useless for most medium to end tier players outside of arena. There's a reason they haven't lowered the shard requirement for forming a five star crystal to 5k.

    They haven't lowered the Shard requirement because they made Shards more available. For a price. That price is equivalent time and effort. What you're suggesting is not likely to happen, and that's for them to devalue their own product based on popular opinion. See, there's a difference between personal value and actual in-game value. A 4* Gem still has value. That value is obviously appropriate for the level of challenge among some other pretty valuable Rewards. It's not reasonable to just throw Rewards in because...."inflation". Not that I think that's even an ideal that's applicable. A 5* Gem is highly valuable. That wouldn't balance with the other Rewards given in relation to the level of challenge. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because people personally think a 4* is now a 3*, doesn't mean that's the actual value of it within the game framework.

    The people for whom the 4* gem is valuable have zero chance of completing this quest. The people who can complete it do not need a 4* gem. @GroundedWisdom after you finish the epic level let me know if you still think that a 4* gem is appropriate for the level of difficulty. Having said that, the rewards are pretty fantastic so I'm not actually complaining about the 4* gem. But what you are saying is wrong. The 4* gem in the easier level is perfectly appropriate. I am going to use my generic 4* gem on Void for LOL x23 as I can't pull a 5* Void, but he will be the 1st 4* I'll take to 5/50 in ages. Otherwise I'd have no real use for it.

    That's not a fair assessment. You can't say everyone who completes Chapter 2 doesn't have use for a 4* Generic.
    Regardless, the point I just made is it's not about who has use for what. It's about providing Rewards that have equivalent value within the game for the time and effort. It's not just a mash of Items they throw in. Things are calculated and balanced. It's not a "Well, they could use this and that." situation.

    I know arguing with you is like slamming my head against a wall, but yes that’s exactly a fair assessment. The roster that is needed to actually complete Chapter 2 would have to be very developed and if you’re roster is that developed, the player will not find a 4* awakening gem very appealing. People are not doing the quest happy to get that. They’re doing it for the T2A, 5* hero crystal, 6* shards, etc. I could almost swear you’re a Kabam shill because the view points are the same. You both feel like outdated rewards are completely satisfactory even considering how much the game has progressed. I’m not complaining about the rewards but sometimes things like a 4* awakening gem seem odd for the player level needed in order to obtain it. Variant difficulty of Ultron’s Assault got the rewards tuned fantastically. Anyway instead of wasting our breath why don’t you give us your opinion once you actually finish Chapter 2 and you have a better idea of the difficulty of completing it
    I'm not engaging with personal undertones. As for the Gem, being happy about it is entirely subjective. People are happy about what they're happy about. I'm not happy about getting the lowest ISO possible and having to tap on it so many times in my Inventory. That doesn't mean I expect it to be removed, or content to be suited to exactly what I want. It's there, whether I can use it or not. Happy has nothing to do with it. We were discussing usefulness. The reality is it has a value. I don't buy for a second that people won't use it. It's about preference. People would prefer a 5* Gem. I've put it about as objectively as I can, so I'll try a more direct approach.
    Can't always have everything we want.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    They very well could have made it a 5* Gem Crystal, but it probably would have been at the expense of other Rewards because everything has to be balanced and in proportion to the effort.

    Instead of a generic 4* AND a class 4* awakening gem they could have put one generic (or class) 5* gem and it would be more appropriate and balanced. It would make more sense for the content and for the other rewards. The quest awards a sizable amount of 6* shards as well as a fully formed 5* crystal. 4* awakening gems are out of place here.

    People are using R4 or even R5 five stars on this and having difficulty - including the 'pros' and streamers. 'Overtime' is not designed with 4* characters in mind - especially not 4* characters who still need to be ranked/awoken.

    Are they still relevant for Easy-to-Hard content? Sure. But they're also not as uncommon as they used to be, newer players are pulling five stars quicker and four stars more often. 3* characters slowly became less and less relevant as 5* became more prominent and now that 6* show up more, the 4* will become (contextually) less and less relevant.

    Opening a 4* crystal for me used to be a big thing, now I pop open five to ten in a two week period and I barely care who I get.

    Here's a thought - the misconception survived... because it's NOT really a misconception. 4* are the new 3* and 3* characters are essentially useless for most medium to end tier players outside of arena. There's a reason they haven't lowered the shard requirement for forming a five star crystal to 5k.

    They haven't lowered the Shard requirement because they made Shards more available. For a price. That price is equivalent time and effort. What you're suggesting is not likely to happen, and that's for them to devalue their own product based on popular opinion. See, there's a difference between personal value and actual in-game value. A 4* Gem still has value. That value is obviously appropriate for the level of challenge among some other pretty valuable Rewards. It's not reasonable to just throw Rewards in because...."inflation". Not that I think that's even an ideal that's applicable. A 5* Gem is highly valuable. That wouldn't balance with the other Rewards given in relation to the level of challenge. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because people personally think a 4* is now a 3*, doesn't mean that's the actual value of it within the game framework.

    The people for whom the 4* gem is valuable have zero chance of completing this quest. The people who can complete it do not need a 4* gem. @GroundedWisdom after you finish the epic level let me know if you still think that a 4* gem is appropriate for the level of difficulty. Having said that, the rewards are pretty fantastic so I'm not actually complaining about the 4* gem. But what you are saying is wrong. The 4* gem in the easier level is perfectly appropriate. I am going to use my generic 4* gem on Void for LOL x23 as I can't pull a 5* Void, but he will be the 1st 4* I'll take to 5/50 in ages. Otherwise I'd have no real use for it.

    That's not a fair assessment. You can't say everyone who completes Chapter 2 doesn't have use for a 4* Generic.
    Regardless, the point I just made is it's not about who has use for what. It's about providing Rewards that have equivalent value within the game for the time and effort. It's not just a mash of Items they throw in. Things are calculated and balanced. It's not a "Well, they could use this and that." situation.

    I know arguing with you is like slamming my head against a wall, but yes that’s exactly a fair assessment. The roster that is needed to actually complete Chapter 2 would have to be very developed and if you’re roster is that developed, the player will not find a 4* awakening gem very appealing. People are not doing the quest happy to get that. They’re doing it for the T2A, 5* hero crystal, 6* shards, etc. I could almost swear you’re a Kabam shill because the view points are the same. You both feel like outdated rewards are completely satisfactory even considering how much the game has progressed. I’m not complaining about the rewards but sometimes things like a 4* awakening gem seem odd for the player level needed in order to obtain it. Variant difficulty of Ultron’s Assault got the rewards tuned fantastically. Anyway instead of wasting our breath why don’t you give us your opinion once you actually finish Chapter 2 and you have a better idea of the difficulty of completing it
    I'm not engaging with personal undertones. As for the Gem, being happy about it is entirely subjective. People are happy about what they're happy about. I'm not happy about getting the lowest ISO possible and having to tap on it so many times in my Inventory. That doesn't mean I expect it to be removed, or content to be suited to exactly what I want. It's there, whether I can use it or not. Happy has nothing to do with it. We were discussing usefulness. The reality is it has a value. I don't buy for a second that people won't use it. It's about preference. People would prefer a 5* Gem. I've put it about as objectively as I can, so I'll try a more direct approach.
    Can't always have everything we want.

    No the discussion was actually about the appropriateness of a 4* awakening gem as a reward for Chapter 2 completion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,455 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    They very well could have made it a 5* Gem Crystal, but it probably would have been at the expense of other Rewards because everything has to be balanced and in proportion to the effort.

    Instead of a generic 4* AND a class 4* awakening gem they could have put one generic (or class) 5* gem and it would be more appropriate and balanced. It would make more sense for the content and for the other rewards. The quest awards a sizable amount of 6* shards as well as a fully formed 5* crystal. 4* awakening gems are out of place here.

    People are using R4 or even R5 five stars on this and having difficulty - including the 'pros' and streamers. 'Overtime' is not designed with 4* characters in mind - especially not 4* characters who still need to be ranked/awoken.

    Are they still relevant for Easy-to-Hard content? Sure. But they're also not as uncommon as they used to be, newer players are pulling five stars quicker and four stars more often. 3* characters slowly became less and less relevant as 5* became more prominent and now that 6* show up more, the 4* will become (contextually) less and less relevant.

    Opening a 4* crystal for me used to be a big thing, now I pop open five to ten in a two week period and I barely care who I get.

    Here's a thought - the misconception survived... because it's NOT really a misconception. 4* are the new 3* and 3* characters are essentially useless for most medium to end tier players outside of arena. There's a reason they haven't lowered the shard requirement for forming a five star crystal to 5k.

    They haven't lowered the Shard requirement because they made Shards more available. For a price. That price is equivalent time and effort. What you're suggesting is not likely to happen, and that's for them to devalue their own product based on popular opinion. See, there's a difference between personal value and actual in-game value. A 4* Gem still has value. That value is obviously appropriate for the level of challenge among some other pretty valuable Rewards. It's not reasonable to just throw Rewards in because...."inflation". Not that I think that's even an ideal that's applicable. A 5* Gem is highly valuable. That wouldn't balance with the other Rewards given in relation to the level of challenge. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because people personally think a 4* is now a 3*, doesn't mean that's the actual value of it within the game framework.

    The people for whom the 4* gem is valuable have zero chance of completing this quest. The people who can complete it do not need a 4* gem. @GroundedWisdom after you finish the epic level let me know if you still think that a 4* gem is appropriate for the level of difficulty. Having said that, the rewards are pretty fantastic so I'm not actually complaining about the 4* gem. But what you are saying is wrong. The 4* gem in the easier level is perfectly appropriate. I am going to use my generic 4* gem on Void for LOL x23 as I can't pull a 5* Void, but he will be the 1st 4* I'll take to 5/50 in ages. Otherwise I'd have no real use for it.

    That's not a fair assessment. You can't say everyone who completes Chapter 2 doesn't have use for a 4* Generic.
    Regardless, the point I just made is it's not about who has use for what. It's about providing Rewards that have equivalent value within the game for the time and effort. It's not just a mash of Items they throw in. Things are calculated and balanced. It's not a "Well, they could use this and that." situation.

    I know arguing with you is like slamming my head against a wall, but yes that’s exactly a fair assessment. The roster that is needed to actually complete Chapter 2 would have to be very developed and if you’re roster is that developed, the player will not find a 4* awakening gem very appealing. People are not doing the quest happy to get that. They’re doing it for the T2A, 5* hero crystal, 6* shards, etc. I could almost swear you’re a Kabam shill because the view points are the same. You both feel like outdated rewards are completely satisfactory even considering how much the game has progressed. I’m not complaining about the rewards but sometimes things like a 4* awakening gem seem odd for the player level needed in order to obtain it. Variant difficulty of Ultron’s Assault got the rewards tuned fantastically. Anyway instead of wasting our breath why don’t you give us your opinion once you actually finish Chapter 2 and you have a better idea of the difficulty of completing it
    I'm not engaging with personal undertones. As for the Gem, being happy about it is entirely subjective. People are happy about what they're happy about. I'm not happy about getting the lowest ISO possible and having to tap on it so many times in my Inventory. That doesn't mean I expect it to be removed, or content to be suited to exactly what I want. It's there, whether I can use it or not. Happy has nothing to do with it. We were discussing usefulness. The reality is it has a value. I don't buy for a second that people won't use it. It's about preference. People would prefer a 5* Gem. I've put it about as objectively as I can, so I'll try a more direct approach.
    Can't always have everything we want.

    No the discussion was actually about the appropriateness of a 4* awakening gem as a reward for Chapter 2 completion.

    Correct. There is no "appropriateness". The implication is that it is some kind of insult to have it there. The Rewards are appropriate for the effort, in combination with the other Rewards. How often do you come across Generic 4* Gems in content? You might get to buy one once in a Blue Moon, but there's only so many. It's rare. This whole idea that it's beneath people is just not proportionate. Once again, people can choose to focus on whatever aspect that they want to focus on to progress. That doesn't mean the game itself will automatically abandon its own internal value for Resources.
    It's appropriate. The usefulness was what we were discussing when you tagged on.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    They very well could have made it a 5* Gem Crystal, but it probably would have been at the expense of other Rewards because everything has to be balanced and in proportion to the effort.

    Instead of a generic 4* AND a class 4* awakening gem they could have put one generic (or class) 5* gem and it would be more appropriate and balanced. It would make more sense for the content and for the other rewards. The quest awards a sizable amount of 6* shards as well as a fully formed 5* crystal. 4* awakening gems are out of place here.

    People are using R4 or even R5 five stars on this and having difficulty - including the 'pros' and streamers. 'Overtime' is not designed with 4* characters in mind - especially not 4* characters who still need to be ranked/awoken.

    Are they still relevant for Easy-to-Hard content? Sure. But they're also not as uncommon as they used to be, newer players are pulling five stars quicker and four stars more often. 3* characters slowly became less and less relevant as 5* became more prominent and now that 6* show up more, the 4* will become (contextually) less and less relevant.

    Opening a 4* crystal for me used to be a big thing, now I pop open five to ten in a two week period and I barely care who I get.

    Here's a thought - the misconception survived... because it's NOT really a misconception. 4* are the new 3* and 3* characters are essentially useless for most medium to end tier players outside of arena. There's a reason they haven't lowered the shard requirement for forming a five star crystal to 5k.

    They haven't lowered the Shard requirement because they made Shards more available. For a price. That price is equivalent time and effort. What you're suggesting is not likely to happen, and that's for them to devalue their own product based on popular opinion. See, there's a difference between personal value and actual in-game value. A 4* Gem still has value. That value is obviously appropriate for the level of challenge among some other pretty valuable Rewards. It's not reasonable to just throw Rewards in because...."inflation". Not that I think that's even an ideal that's applicable. A 5* Gem is highly valuable. That wouldn't balance with the other Rewards given in relation to the level of challenge. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because people personally think a 4* is now a 3*, doesn't mean that's the actual value of it within the game framework.

    The people for whom the 4* gem is valuable have zero chance of completing this quest. The people who can complete it do not need a 4* gem. @GroundedWisdom after you finish the epic level let me know if you still think that a 4* gem is appropriate for the level of difficulty. Having said that, the rewards are pretty fantastic so I'm not actually complaining about the 4* gem. But what you are saying is wrong. The 4* gem in the easier level is perfectly appropriate. I am going to use my generic 4* gem on Void for LOL x23 as I can't pull a 5* Void, but he will be the 1st 4* I'll take to 5/50 in ages. Otherwise I'd have no real use for it.

    That's not a fair assessment. You can't say everyone who completes Chapter 2 doesn't have use for a 4* Generic.
    Regardless, the point I just made is it's not about who has use for what. It's about providing Rewards that have equivalent value within the game for the time and effort. It's not just a mash of Items they throw in. Things are calculated and balanced. It's not a "Well, they could use this and that." situation.

    I know arguing with you is like slamming my head against a wall, but yes that’s exactly a fair assessment. The roster that is needed to actually complete Chapter 2 would have to be very developed and if you’re roster is that developed, the player will not find a 4* awakening gem very appealing. People are not doing the quest happy to get that. They’re doing it for the T2A, 5* hero crystal, 6* shards, etc. I could almost swear you’re a Kabam shill because the view points are the same. You both feel like outdated rewards are completely satisfactory even considering how much the game has progressed. I’m not complaining about the rewards but sometimes things like a 4* awakening gem seem odd for the player level needed in order to obtain it. Variant difficulty of Ultron’s Assault got the rewards tuned fantastically. Anyway instead of wasting our breath why don’t you give us your opinion once you actually finish Chapter 2 and you have a better idea of the difficulty of completing it
    I'm not engaging with personal undertones. As for the Gem, being happy about it is entirely subjective. People are happy about what they're happy about. I'm not happy about getting the lowest ISO possible and having to tap on it so many times in my Inventory. That doesn't mean I expect it to be removed, or content to be suited to exactly what I want. It's there, whether I can use it or not. Happy has nothing to do with it. We were discussing usefulness. The reality is it has a value. I don't buy for a second that people won't use it. It's about preference. People would prefer a 5* Gem. I've put it about as objectively as I can, so I'll try a more direct approach.
    Can't always have everything we want.

    No the discussion was actually about the appropriateness of a 4* awakening gem as a reward for Chapter 2 completion.

    Correct. There is no "appropriateness". The implication is that it is some kind of insult to have it there. The Rewards are appropriate for the effort, in combination with the other Rewards. How often do you come across Generic 4* Gems in content? You might get to buy one once in a Blue Moon, but there's only so many. It's rare. This whole idea that it's beneath people is just not proportionate. Once again, people can choose to focus on whatever aspect that they want to focus on to progress. That doesn't mean the game itself will automatically abandon its own internal value for Resources.
    It's appropriate. The usefulness was what we were discussing when you tagged on.

    And it’s not useful for people who can actually complete Chapter 2. Like I said, finish it and then we’ll talk. Until then, no offense, but you cannot give honest feedback regarding the rewards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,455 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry, but that is not how a discussion works. It isn't dictated by who has competed what. If you disagree with my points, by all means, feel free to dispute them. If you think I don't have a right to speak on the subject, you're wrong.
  • Harvey1980Harvey1980 Posts: 16
    To complete chapter 1, you need to be able to complete 6 hard fights.
    To complete chapter 2, you need to be able to complete 31 very hard fights.
    Ridiculous step up in difficulty. Only caters for true end game players and weaker players. Nothing for those of us in the middle.
    Chapter 1 is not really challenging.
    There should be an option to do chapter 2 in more than 1 run. Then you have something for everyone. Offer extra rewards/legend titles for those that can do it in 1!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,455 ★★★★★
    What you're trying to do is sidecut me in the conversation using experience. I can assure you that's not the first time that's been attempted. You can't divert the conversation by making it personal. I know the difficulty entailed. I'm playing the same Quest as everyone else.
    The subject we were discussing is how it should be a 5* Awakeneing Gem, not a 4*. That's what I was addressing. It actually shouldn't. Nor is a 4* Gem inappropriate. It's just not a 5* Gem. For reasons I've outlined. I don't need to finish anything to understand the process of balancing Rewards in the game. I think it's best we end here.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 18
    Not happy about hyperion throwing special 3s and i can't even get a my special 2 or even bait him not even right and i got a r4 dup magik sig level 200 and i can't get a special 2 not happy with game at all
  • TylerTyler Posts: 18
    Lol back again this is nothing but a spend game took my r5 omega red dup sig level 149 and i was killing him and guess what another special 3 lol is that all this game knows what to do with its challenges is add special 3 activated lol not worth it just for chapter 1.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,455 ★★★★★
    Use Power Control. Voodoo is one option. I actually used Mephisto more. His Soul Imprisonment keeps his Power Gain down long enough to get him down. Bait the L1 instead of letting him get to L3.
  • Shrinidhi wrote: »
    I got 98% explored which pissed me off a lot. Please look into it.

    The same for me
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 249 ★★
    They very well could have made it a 5* Gem Crystal, but it probably would have been at the expense of other Rewards because everything has to be balanced and in proportion to the effort.

    Instead of a generic 4* AND a class 4* awakening gem they could have put one generic (or class) 5* gem and it would be more appropriate and balanced. It would make more sense for the content and for the other rewards. The quest awards a sizable amount of 6* shards as well as a fully formed 5* crystal. 4* awakening gems are out of place here.

    People are using R4 or even R5 five stars on this and having difficulty - including the 'pros' and streamers. 'Overtime' is not designed with 4* characters in mind - especially not 4* characters who still need to be ranked/awoken.

    Are they still relevant for Easy-to-Hard content? Sure. But they're also not as uncommon as they used to be, newer players are pulling five stars quicker and four stars more often. 3* characters slowly became less and less relevant as 5* became more prominent and now that 6* show up more, the 4* will become (contextually) less and less relevant.

    Opening a 4* crystal for me used to be a big thing, now I pop open five to ten in a two week period and I barely care who I get.

    Here's a thought - the misconception survived... because it's NOT really a misconception. 4* are the new 3* and 3* characters are essentially useless for most medium to end tier players outside of arena. There's a reason they haven't lowered the shard requirement for forming a five star crystal to 5k.

    They haven't lowered the Shard requirement because they made Shards more available. For a price. That price is equivalent time and effort. What you're suggesting is not likely to happen, and that's for them to devalue their own product based on popular opinion. See, there's a difference between personal value and actual in-game value. A 4* Gem still has value. That value is obviously appropriate for the level of challenge among some other pretty valuable Rewards. It's not reasonable to just throw Rewards in because...."inflation". Not that I think that's even an ideal that's applicable. A 5* Gem is highly valuable. That wouldn't balance with the other Rewards given in relation to the level of challenge. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because people personally think a 4* is now a 3*, doesn't mean that's the actual value of it within the game framework.



    Sorry for your misconception there, but maybe you should re-read what I said. I didn't advise for them to lower the price or amount of shards needed... I said that there is a reason they hadn't already done so. I also didn't say that 4* awakening gems DON'T have value. Work on your reading comprehension a bit and stop being an obvious troll by putting words in people's mouths and trying to bait them. What I said, was that they don't have value relevant to the context or other awards - 4* awakening gems obviously still have value. But a diminished value. Their value in relation to the other rewards here makes no sense.

    The ranking materials and rewards are geared for 5* characters. The rewards are: 6* shards (20% of a crystal), a full 5* hero and items required to level up a 5*/6* character... alpha cats, T5 Basic and sig stones... for a 5* character - everything... FOR A 5*/6*. One 5* awakening gem (generic or class) is far more suited for these rewards than two 4* awakening gems. Tell me, honestly... how you feel the two 4* gems are reasonably placed here.

    Even though the content is doable with 4* heroes, it is EXTREMELY challenging - it's not impossible, but odds are: the vast majority of people bringing in 4* heroes for this has them awoken and ranked and are skilled/far enough in the game that two 4* awakening gems is not as valuable to them as it once was. Can you at least agree to that?

    The quest is amazing, the rewards are amazing - the two 4* awakening gems feel out of place here.
  • LaserbreakLaserbreak Posts: 18
    They made chapter 2 one quest and you need to take all paths to fight boss, cuz they don't want everyone to get 2k 6* shard for completion. Next time let's we take path after path and move better rewards for 100% not completion
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    I wish the chapter was structured a little easier. I mean, rather than taking all paths, there was options to do it in two tries. Well, mcoc is all about end game players lately.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 1,970 ★★★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    VulcanM wrote: »
    seems interesting, just out of curiosity is the awakening gem in act 2 exploration generic or a crystal?

    The 4-Star Awakening Gem is Generic!
    Mike, the meta has long since changed to 5 stars. For the next event like this is there anyway we can bump the awakening to 5 star ?

    The difficulty would have to be adjusted as well.

    They just adjusted the difficulty.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 1,970 ★★★★★
    So about the Knock-out node ...

    Is this node only made for AEgon and Domino or what? If very lucky, Domino may be able to proc 2/3 stuns and take advantage of this node. AEgon on the other hand, has a 7.5 seconds stun on his sp3 (stupefy mastery included). And parry mastery will also give him a 2.5 second stun, giving him the change to also benefit from the node.
    Apart from those too, maybe Jane Foster if very very lucky?

    Another question is, how would AEgon persistant combo interact with this node? Let's say that he has already 300 hits on his persistent charges. Would he one-shot every single opponent?

    I can't really say for the first question, as there are probably some interactions I will forget, but Jane Foster came to mind for me as well.

    As for the second question, It is based on the actual Combo meter, and as Aegon carries his Persistent Variables forward, but not the actual Combo meter, he will not be able to just 1 shot every Champion if he hits 300 Variables throughout the quest. It's really just a challenge that you can take on if you'd like, and is best done with lower Rarity Champions.

    Wasp is killing champs in heavyweight with 2 parrys and 2 heavyset. Doing 267k damage. Needs fixing before too many take advantage of this exploit and bug

    Watched DDD exploit this bug all run yesterday. Seems pretty shady.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 640 ★★★
    Tbh I found chapter 2 to be very annoying, and that has everything to do with having to fight the same 5 champs 6 times in a row with absolutely no variation whatsoever, no option to skip to the boss and do other lanes another time made it very repetitive. Maybe I should haven taken some more time to complete it instead of rushing it, but for upcoming challenges a different structure to the way these fights are set up might be refreshing and more fun.
    Rewards are awesome btw, a big improvement.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394 ★★★
    So I only have one complaint about this event. We only have 2 weeks to do this. Many people, including me, may not be able to save up enough potions and revives to complete the final quest in only 2 weeks. Is there a way that the time on this event to be extended?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 1,497 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    Nice event Kabam. Originally I was hoping for a 5* awakening gem with the new difficulty, but at the end of the day, don't think the quest was difficult enough to justify that being included in the rewards. I wish you would put these quests out more often! I don't enjoy fighting the same champs over and over for six paths, but also understand why it is structured in such a way. I do think Kabam should look into creative solutions such that higher level players don't have to autofight three chapters.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,455 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018
    They very well could have made it a 5* Gem Crystal, but it probably would have been at the expense of other Rewards because everything has to be balanced and in proportion to the effort.

    Instead of a generic 4* AND a class 4* awakening gem they could have put one generic (or class) 5* gem and it would be more appropriate and balanced. It would make more sense for the content and for the other rewards. The quest awards a sizable amount of 6* shards as well as a fully formed 5* crystal. 4* awakening gems are out of place here.

    People are using R4 or even R5 five stars on this and having difficulty - including the 'pros' and streamers. 'Overtime' is not designed with 4* characters in mind - especially not 4* characters who still need to be ranked/awoken.

    Are they still relevant for Easy-to-Hard content? Sure. But they're also not as uncommon as they used to be, newer players are pulling five stars quicker and four stars more often. 3* characters slowly became less and less relevant as 5* became more prominent and now that 6* show up more, the 4* will become (contextually) less and less relevant.

    Opening a 4* crystal for me used to be a big thing, now I pop open five to ten in a two week period and I barely care who I get.

    Here's a thought - the misconception survived... because it's NOT really a misconception. 4* are the new 3* and 3* characters are essentially useless for most medium to end tier players outside of arena. There's a reason they haven't lowered the shard requirement for forming a five star crystal to 5k.

    They haven't lowered the Shard requirement because they made Shards more available. For a price. That price is equivalent time and effort. What you're suggesting is not likely to happen, and that's for them to devalue their own product based on popular opinion. See, there's a difference between personal value and actual in-game value. A 4* Gem still has value. That value is obviously appropriate for the level of challenge among some other pretty valuable Rewards. It's not reasonable to just throw Rewards in because...."inflation". Not that I think that's even an ideal that's applicable. A 5* Gem is highly valuable. That wouldn't balance with the other Rewards given in relation to the level of challenge. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because people personally think a 4* is now a 3*, doesn't mean that's the actual value of it within the game framework.



    Sorry for your misconception there, but maybe you should re-read what I said. I didn't advise for them to lower the price or amount of shards needed... I said that there is a reason they hadn't already done so. I also didn't say that 4* awakening gems DON'T have value. Work on your reading comprehension a bit and stop being an obvious troll by putting words in people's mouths and trying to bait them. What I said, was that they don't have value relevant to the context or other awards - 4* awakening gems obviously still have value. But a diminished value. Their value in relation to the other rewards here makes no sense.

    The ranking materials and rewards are geared for 5* characters. The rewards are: 6* shards (20% of a crystal), a full 5* hero and items required to level up a 5*/6* character... alpha cats, T5 Basic and sig stones... for a 5* character - everything... FOR A 5*/6*. One 5* awakening gem (generic or class) is far more suited for these rewards than two 4* awakening gems. Tell me, honestly... how you feel the two 4* gems are reasonably placed here.

    Even though the content is doable with 4* heroes, it is EXTREMELY challenging - it's not impossible, but odds are: the vast majority of people bringing in 4* heroes for this has them awoken and ranked and are skilled/far enough in the game that two 4* awakening gems is not as valuable to them as it once was. Can you at least agree to that?

    The quest is amazing, the rewards are amazing - the two 4* awakening gems feel out of place here.

    Who says the Quest must reward exactly what you're using to complete it?
    No, I don't agree that it's not as valuable as it once was. Not as much as the majority perceives. As I keep saying, a 4* Generic Gem is rare. The value of 4*s didn't shift, not nearly as much as people think. The difference is people don't care about 4*s as much because they're working on 5s and 6s. That doesn't actually change the value.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    They very well could have made it a 5* Gem Crystal, but it probably would have been at the expense of other Rewards because everything has to be balanced and in proportion to the effort.

    Instead of a generic 4* AND a class 4* awakening gem they could have put one generic (or class) 5* gem and it would be more appropriate and balanced. It would make more sense for the content and for the other rewards. The quest awards a sizable amount of 6* shards as well as a fully formed 5* crystal. 4* awakening gems are out of place here.

    People are using R4 or even R5 five stars on this and having difficulty - including the 'pros' and streamers. 'Overtime' is not designed with 4* characters in mind - especially not 4* characters who still need to be ranked/awoken.

    Are they still relevant for Easy-to-Hard content? Sure. But they're also not as uncommon as they used to be, newer players are pulling five stars quicker and four stars more often. 3* characters slowly became less and less relevant as 5* became more prominent and now that 6* show up more, the 4* will become (contextually) less and less relevant.

    Opening a 4* crystal for me used to be a big thing, now I pop open five to ten in a two week period and I barely care who I get.

    Here's a thought - the misconception survived... because it's NOT really a misconception. 4* are the new 3* and 3* characters are essentially useless for most medium to end tier players outside of arena. There's a reason they haven't lowered the shard requirement for forming a five star crystal to 5k.

    They haven't lowered the Shard requirement because they made Shards more available. For a price. That price is equivalent time and effort. What you're suggesting is not likely to happen, and that's for them to devalue their own product based on popular opinion. See, there's a difference between personal value and actual in-game value. A 4* Gem still has value. That value is obviously appropriate for the level of challenge among some other pretty valuable Rewards. It's not reasonable to just throw Rewards in because...."inflation". Not that I think that's even an ideal that's applicable. A 5* Gem is highly valuable. That wouldn't balance with the other Rewards given in relation to the level of challenge. Sorry, but I disagree. Just because people personally think a 4* is now a 3*, doesn't mean that's the actual value of it within the game framework.



    Sorry for your misconception there, but maybe you should re-read what I said. I didn't advise for them to lower the price or amount of shards needed... I said that there is a reason they hadn't already done so. I also didn't say that 4* awakening gems DON'T have value. Work on your reading comprehension a bit and stop being an obvious troll by putting words in people's mouths and trying to bait them. What I said, was that they don't have value relevant to the context or other awards - 4* awakening gems obviously still have value. But a diminished value. Their value in relation to the other rewards here makes no sense.

    The ranking materials and rewards are geared for 5* characters. The rewards are: 6* shards (20% of a crystal), a full 5* hero and items required to level up a 5*/6* character... alpha cats, T5 Basic and sig stones... for a 5* character - everything... FOR A 5*/6*. One 5* awakening gem (generic or class) is far more suited for these rewards than two 4* awakening gems. Tell me, honestly... how you feel the two 4* gems are reasonably placed here.

    Even though the content is doable with 4* heroes, it is EXTREMELY challenging - it's not impossible, but odds are: the vast majority of people bringing in 4* heroes for this has them awoken and ranked and are skilled/far enough in the game that two 4* awakening gems is not as valuable to them as it once was. Can you at least agree to that?

    The quest is amazing, the rewards are amazing - the two 4* awakening gems feel out of place here.

    Who says the Quest must reward exactly what you're using to complete it?
    No, I don't agree that it's not as valuable as it once was. Not as much as the majority perceives. As I keep saying, a 4* Generic Gem is rare. The value of 4*s didn't shift, not nearly as much as people think. The difference is people don't care about 4*s as much because they're working on 5s and 6s. That doesn't actually change the value.

    Take 4 or so blocked hits against the last lane and your 5/50 champ is dead...yeah they are still relevant.

    The fact my opinion of the champs relevance is irrelevant to the argument that all the rewards for this quest are geared towards advancing 5/6 stars aside from the awakening gems.

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,455 ★★★★★
    Your original statement was that it should be a 5* Gem. That's what I was discussing. Everything has a value within the game whether you think it's relevant or not.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Sai_7 wrote: »
    So about the Knock-out node ...

    Is this node only made for AEgon and Domino or what? If very lucky, Domino may be able to proc 2/3 stuns and take advantage of this node. AEgon on the other hand, has a 7.5 seconds stun on his sp3 (stupefy mastery included). And parry mastery will also give him a 2.5 second stun, giving him the change to also benefit from the node.
    Apart from those too, maybe Jane Foster if very very lucky?

    Another question is, how would AEgon persistant combo interact with this node? Let's say that he has already 300 hits on his persistent charges. Would he one-shot every single opponent?

    I can't really say for the first question, as there are probably some interactions I will forget, but Jane Foster came to mind for me as well.

    As for the second question, It is based on the actual Combo meter, and as Aegon carries his Persistent Variables forward, but not the actual Combo meter, he will not be able to just 1 shot every Champion if he hits 300 Variables throughout the quest. It's really just a challenge that you can take on if you'd like, and is best done with lower Rarity Champions.

    Not to forget Gwenpool ! :smiley: Domino & Gwenpool go to the Quests! should be the name of the quest ! :wink:

    With GP hyp can kill her thousands of time and she wont die lol
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Your original statement was that it should be a 5* Gem. That's what I was discussing. Everything has a value within the game whether you think it's relevant or not.

    Reading comprehension is not strong with this one...yes I still think it should be a 5 star awakening gem for reasons I’ve stated several times in the thread.

    A second argument over the relevance of 4 star awakenings is what you are hung up on. To an end game player they hold little value.

    I know you’re not an end game player and there are no issues with that. But when all the rewards are geared towards end game players I’d expect the 5 star awakening and not the 4 star.

    Let me know if you still have questions.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The main issue I have with a challenge of this nature is it’s 31 fights nonstop. Sure you can put the game down for a bit to take a break but there’s no reset halfway for your champs. That basically means you have to do 31 perfect fights (well 30, the Champion isn’t too difficult) without screwing up. You can hardly make one mistake, whether it’s human error (mistime an evade) or computer (lag, crashing, etc). If you make one mistake, you are KO’d because let’s face it, you’re not going to survive a combo unless maybe you have a tanky R5. Once you get that KO it messes up your entire run and rhythm and it’s very hard to get back on track. If you’re using Magik for Hyperion and she gets KOd, you have to revive her to finish him. Same for ST/IMIW for Iceman. The fact there’s “no mercy” on this challenge is a bit frustrating.
Sign In or Register to comment.