AI abilities interacting with suicides.

phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,263 ★★★★
edited November 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Why are AI abilities interacting with suicides in a completely lousy way?

AA, has been getting a free neurotoxin for a very long time if we are using liquid courage only or have the misfortune to get the order wrong when placing LC and double edge. At least LC on it's own isn't an issue as long as I don't get bled but it still shouldn't happen.

Void, this one annoys me because its a free hit to the AI and he happens to be in the champion clash, taking 160ish per tick for no reason whatsoever other than using LC is wrong and I doubt this was ever intended. Yeah, I should read the descriptions of the AI but I already pay a penalty for using suicides by having recoil, lower regen rates and the initial cost to unlock.

Are there any plans to even look at these interactions or are they "working as intended"?

Comments

  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    The AA thing has always been there.

    Void does damage for each debuff. You do damage when you parry with Void.

    These are champion abilities and some of the risks you take with suicides.

    Pro-tip: drop suicides
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,263 ★★★★
    I should, and probably will.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,263 ★★★★
    edited November 2018
    I also shouldn't post while under an ethanol debuff but I was full of liquid courage.
  • phillgreen wrote: »
    I also shouldn't post while under an ethanol debuff but I was full of liquid courage.

    Congrats, you win post of the day! :D

    I don't totally disagree with you. The punishment is already there for these masteries. Why add more? Idk the best way to fix it though.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I also shouldn't post while under an ethanol debuff but I was full of liquid courage.

    Congrats, you win post of the day! :D

    I don't totally disagree with you. The punishment is already there for these masteries. Why add more? Idk the best way to fix it though.

    I disagree. These are champ abilities that don't warrant a change.

    If you're going against a bleed immune, Domino or OR, DW mastery is severely handicapped.

    Mordo makes stun masteries moot.

    Korg makes stun and evade moot.

    Yondu makes block proficiency masteries moot.

    Champ abilities are set up to counteract certain things.
  • Hamin wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I also shouldn't post while under an ethanol debuff but I was full of liquid courage.

    Congrats, you win post of the day! :D

    I don't totally disagree with you. The punishment is already there for these masteries. Why add more? Idk the best way to fix it though.

    I disagree. These are champ abilities that don't warrant a change.

    If you're going against a bleed immune, Domino or OR, DW mastery is severely handicapped.

    Mordo makes stun masteries moot.

    Korg makes stun and evade moot.

    Yondu makes block proficiency masteries moot.

    Champ abilities are set up to counteract certain things.

    That's why I said I don't totally disagree. You make some good points. The difference between what OP brought up and what you brought up, is the summoner is punished by these masteries. That is how theyre set up. You don't get directly punished by using DW unless you go against a counter. Suicides increase your attack, but you get damaged for that to happen. Now you get ultra-damaged because of some other counters. Idk. I don't think its a huge deal, but its a reason I don't like suicides. No matter how perfect you fight, you get punished. Whereas I can go against a bleed immune with Wolvie while I am using DW, and not lose health if I fight perfect and deal with a long fight.
Sign In or Register to comment.