Compensation for 8% 12% Class Boosts? [Merged Threads] [Admin: Comp Coming]

13468911

Comments

  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 948 ★★★
    But how long has this been going on? We dont know. Only kabam knows. This is their chance to show they actually appreciate us by giving us compensation beyond what's expected. Simply because they want us to stick around for the long haul. Not because they have to but because they want to. It's called good faith.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,000 ★★★★★
    Hi Guys.. Thanks for addressing this and fixing. I saw a comment somewhere suggesting this was only discovered recently. I did a quick search on the Kabam forums and found this was brought up in January of 2017. I'm sure that Kabam wasn't aware of it at that time. I realize you are still looking into the issue and I don't even know if it's possible for you guys to go that far back, but i'd think if the problem has been around at least that long.. however you decide to compensate for it.. it's looking like it could be a ways back.. below is the link i'm referring to.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/44711/why-class-boosts-doesnt-work-on-lol

    @Doomsfist79 I think that was a different issue. OP was talking about the 200% boosts which give you power based on the damage you do, but in LOL you don't do enough damage for them to make a significant difference.
  • INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 731 ★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    How about some insight into actually how long not only have Kabam known about this issue but how long it has been an issue.

    They will say they did not work only for 2 wars then
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    Come on guys have some class.

    Adora has been very responsive, forthright and very respectful in her replies.

    Kabam has proven going back to the middle of the summer that they have been very fair administrators with ensuring the integrity of the contest.




    I remember getting 2 tier 4 class catalyst crystals from that Domino's special event compensation.

    but you guys act like all kabam cares about is being deceptive or something that's absurd.

    Complain if you wish Jesus Christ please act like men and carry yourself with a little bit of dignity and class.

    5kawfu7u52sp.gif

    I just watched that again. Extended Cuts. 12 hours of Film. I'm on The Hobbit again now. Extended, naturally. Never get tired of it.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 216 ★★
    Come on guys have some class.

    Adora has been very responsive, forthright and very respectful in her replies.

    Kabam has proven going back to the middle of the summer that they have been very fair administrators with ensuring the integrity of the contest.




    I remember getting 2 tier 4 class catalyst crystals from that Domino's special event compensation.

    but you guys act like all kabam cares about is being deceptive or something that's absurd.

    Complain if you wish Jesus Christ please act like men and carry yourself with a little bit of dignity and class.

    5kawfu7u52sp.gif

    I just watched that again. Extended Cuts. 12 hours of Film. I'm on The Hobbit again now. Extended, naturally. Never get tired of it.

    The LotR movies are my favorite movies of all time. I like The Hobbit movies too, but not quite as much.

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    Come on guys have some class.

    Adora has been very responsive, forthright and very respectful in her replies.

    Kabam has proven going back to the middle of the summer that they have been very fair administrators with ensuring the integrity of the contest.




    I remember getting 2 tier 4 class catalyst crystals from that Domino's special event compensation.

    but you guys act like all kabam cares about is being deceptive or something that's absurd.

    Complain if you wish Jesus Christ please act like men and carry yourself with a little bit of dignity and class.

    5kawfu7u52sp.gif

    I just watched that again. Extended Cuts. 12 hours of Film. I'm on The Hobbit again now. Extended, naturally. Never get tired of it.

    The LotR movies are my favorite movies of all time. I like The Hobbit movies too, but not quite as much.

    I'm still bitter the family didn't allow them to produce The Simarillion.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Tayyab82 wrote: »

    This comment right here shows the greed of the fan base. None of us had any clue they weren't working and now you are sitting here trying to come up with ways to ask for more than just the spent loyalty. @Tayyab82 your comment is so far off base its crazy. Most people aren't using the 8/10/12% during war. They are using 150/200% more often.


    You are missing the point: it doesn’t matter if most people are using this or that in war. What matters is that there are people who used these bugged boosts in war and they should be compensated for it. Nothing greedy in here, not crazy at all. Do you think it is fair to open a War crystal and get a bugged boost that won’t work? Lots of people bought and used such boosts or were rewarded such boosts that didn’t work. This is a fact. How to compensate for this is subject for discussion, not the fact or if most of player base was affected.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,161 ★★★★★
    You are missing the point: it doesn’t matter if most people are using this or that in war. What matters is that there are people who used these bugged boosts in war and they should be compensated for it. Nothing greedy in here, not crazy at all. Do you think it is fair to open a War crystal and get a bugged boost that won’t work? Lots of people bought and used such boosts or were rewarded such boosts that didn’t work. This is a fact. How to compensate for this is subject for discussion, not the fact or if most of player base was affected.

    Did you know they were bugged? Nope and you still wouldn't know if they were bugged if they didn't say anything. The boost didn't cost you the war. They are sp1/sp2 boosts. They assisted in helping the fight but they don't win the fight for you. Like I said, most people are using the 150/200% boosts and those aren't bugged. You aren't going to get anything but loyalty and that should be just fine. Stop trying add to it.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You are missing the point: it doesn’t matter if most people are using this or that in war. What matters is that there are people who used these bugged boosts in war and they should be compensated for it. Nothing greedy in here, not crazy at all. Do you think it is fair to open a War crystal and get a bugged boost that won’t work? Lots of people bought and used such boosts or were rewarded such boosts that didn’t work. This is a fact. How to compensate for this is subject for discussion, not the fact or if most of player base was affected.

    Did you know they were bugged? Nope and you still wouldn't know if they were bugged if they didn't say anything. The boost didn't cost you the war. They are sp1/sp2 boosts. They assisted in helping the fight but they don't win the fight for you. Like I said, most people are using the 150/200% boosts and those aren't bugged. You aren't going to get anything but loyalty and that should be just fine. Stop trying add to it.

    You keep missing the point...
  • I used a ton on LOL and needed to use units because they did not work. Not crappy compensation and the oh we are sorry. This is a bigger deal then you are making it. Loyalty is not the main issue here. It is the units used for it not working and the deaths that occurred
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,161 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You are missing the point: it doesn’t matter if most people are using this or that in war. What matters is that there are people who used these bugged boosts in war and they should be compensated for it. Nothing greedy in here, not crazy at all. Do you think it is fair to open a War crystal and get a bugged boost that won’t work? Lots of people bought and used such boosts or were rewarded such boosts that didn’t work. This is a fact. How to compensate for this is subject for discussion, not the fact or if most of player base was affected.

    Did you know they were bugged? Nope and you still wouldn't know if they were bugged if they didn't say anything. The boost didn't cost you the war. They are sp1/sp2 boosts. They assisted in helping the fight but they don't win the fight for you. Like I said, most people are using the 150/200% boosts and those aren't bugged. You aren't going to get anything but loyalty and that should be just fine. Stop trying add to it.

    You keep missing the point...

    @TimeTraveler There isn't any point to miss. The boosts were bugged. You will get compensated with loyalty for the boosts that were bugged that you used/bought. End of story.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You are missing the point: it doesn’t matter if most people are using this or that in war. What matters is that there are people who used these bugged boosts in war and they should be compensated for it. Nothing greedy in here, not crazy at all. Do you think it is fair to open a War crystal and get a bugged boost that won’t work? Lots of people bought and used such boosts or were rewarded such boosts that didn’t work. This is a fact. How to compensate for this is subject for discussion, not the fact or if most of player base was affected.

    Did you know they were bugged? Nope and you still wouldn't know if they were bugged if they didn't say anything. The boost didn't cost you the war. They are sp1/sp2 boosts. They assisted in helping the fight but they don't win the fight for you. Like I said, most people are using the 150/200% boosts and those aren't bugged. You aren't going to get anything but loyalty and that should be just fine. Stop trying add to it.


    It could have impacted war results. How? Suppose you used a bugged boost and used specials in the fight. The opponent ended up at 1% health and you get caught by his sp3. If the boost had worked properly, you would have ko him before he could use his sp3. So, you lost a fight you should have won. The war was decided by a single death. How can you say this didn’t happen? There were very similar situations like this in the recent wars I participated.

    Besides, again, it doesn’t matter if 1 or 10000 players were affected. All affected should receive a compensation.

    So, once more, how compensation should be is the only thing to be discussed. I disagree of your opinion that only loyalty should be given back. I understand you disagree from my opinion too, but you have to respect it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,161 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You are missing the point: it doesn’t matter if most people are using this or that in war. What matters is that there are people who used these bugged boosts in war and they should be compensated for it. Nothing greedy in here, not crazy at all. Do you think it is fair to open a War crystal and get a bugged boost that won’t work? Lots of people bought and used such boosts or were rewarded such boosts that didn’t work. This is a fact. How to compensate for this is subject for discussion, not the fact or if most of player base was affected.

    Did you know they were bugged? Nope and you still wouldn't know if they were bugged if they didn't say anything. The boost didn't cost you the war. They are sp1/sp2 boosts. They assisted in helping the fight but they don't win the fight for you. Like I said, most people are using the 150/200% boosts and those aren't bugged. You aren't going to get anything but loyalty and that should be just fine. Stop trying add to it.


    It could have impacted war results. How? Suppose you used a bugged boost and used specials in the fight. The opponent ended up at 1% health and you get caught by his sp3. If the boost had worked properly, you would have ko him before he could use his sp3. So, you lost a fight you should have won. The war was decided by a single death. How can you say this didn’t happen? There were very similar situations like this in the recent wars I participated.

    Besides, again, it doesn’t matter if 1 or 10000 players were affected. All affected should receive a compensation.

    So, once more, how compensation should be is the only thing to be discussed. I disagree of your opinion that only loyalty should be given back. I understand you disagree from my opinion too, but you have to respect it.

    You can't prove any of that was the boosts or not. What if it was because you hit a block instead of contacting the opponent and that missed hit resulted not taking enough damage off and then to do a SP and it doesn't K.O. the defender because you hit a block instead of making contact. It's not easily seen data. The tangible data is- the boosts weren't working for "x" amount of time. Compensate for that. You realize how long it would take to determine which fights were won/lost because of it? Would you like to wait a year plus for them to find that data?
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You are missing the point: it doesn’t matter if most people are using this or that in war. What matters is that there are people who used these bugged boosts in war and they should be compensated for it. Nothing greedy in here, not crazy at all. Do you think it is fair to open a War crystal and get a bugged boost that won’t work? Lots of people bought and used such boosts or were rewarded such boosts that didn’t work. This is a fact. How to compensate for this is subject for discussion, not the fact or if most of player base was affected.

    Did you know they were bugged? Nope and you still wouldn't know if they were bugged if they didn't say anything. The boost didn't cost you the war. They are sp1/sp2 boosts. They assisted in helping the fight but they don't win the fight for you. Like I said, most people are using the 150/200% boosts and those aren't bugged. You aren't going to get anything but loyalty and that should be just fine. Stop trying add to it.


    It could have impacted war results. How? Suppose you used a bugged boost and used specials in the fight. The opponent ended up at 1% health and you get caught by his sp3. If the boost had worked properly, you would have ko him before he could use his sp3. So, you lost a fight you should have won. The war was decided by a single death. How can you say this didn’t happen? There were very similar situations like this in the recent wars I participated.

    Besides, again, it doesn’t matter if 1 or 10000 players were affected. All affected should receive a compensation.

    So, once more, how compensation should be is the only thing to be discussed. I disagree of your opinion that only loyalty should be given back. I understand you disagree from my opinion too, but you have to respect it.

    You can't prove any of that was the boosts or not. What if it was because you hit a block instead of contacting the opponent and that missed hit resulted not taking enough damage off and then to do a SP and it doesn't K.O. the defender because you hit a block instead of making contact. It's not easily seen data. The tangible data is- the boosts weren't working for "x" amount of time. Compensate for that. You realize how long it would take to determine which fights were won/lost because of it? Would you like to wait a year plus for them to find that data?

    No need to wait a year, just some sort of extra compensation for this. You also forgot that they didn’t warn us the boosts were not working once they discovered. I used some yesterday before I knew they were bugged, obviously Kabam was aware of it already.

    And I have used units to buy revives that I could have bought using loyalty. I decided to spend the loyalty in the boosts. And what about the boosts I got from the Alliance War Crystals ? How will we be compensated for that ?

    I agree that a detailed investigation mind not be possible or that it might take too long, but it still deserves some extra compensation, IMO.
  • Tayyab82 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Tayyab82 wrote: »
    Its not question of who has purchased from loyalty or got these boost from War crystals. This issue has major implications and hence:
    1) All who has used these boosts should get compensated
    2) Revives and potions used should also be considered
    3) And also war losses as people must be using these boost under impression that it's working and will help in AW

    Questions also arises about other boosts e.g. Health, Health & Attack, Power etc. Kindly confirm whether those boosts are working as intended or not.

    This comment right here shows the greed of the fan base. None of us had any clue they weren't working and now you are sitting here trying to come up with ways to ask for more than just the spent loyalty. @Tayyab82 your comment is so far off base its crazy. Most people aren't using the 8/10/12% during war. They are using 150/200% more often.

    We should ONLY get loyalty back and that's it. Nothing else is needed or warranted. Heck they could never have told us and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

    As for the other boosts you said, you can clearly see they are working correctly. Stop trying to work that angle as well. You aren't getting compensated for those either.

    First of all since we are aware of issue now and we having this conversation on forum, I have right to put my points here. Argue upon it, don't use harsh words and try create a perception.

    Now back to my point. Do you get these boosts only from loyalty? From what I have seen War Crystal also often throws these boosts. The purpose of boost is to help your attack, never mind if you using it in war or quest, hence if boost ain't working as intended and someone has to use rev or potion he has all rights to ask for compensation.

    Also please check before writing, on other boosts I am clearly asking for a confirmation from Mods on whether they are working as intended or not since till 2 days back none of us were aware of issue with 8/ 10/ 12 boost. I don't see any wrong in it.

    I 100% agree with you. Well said.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,161 ★★★★★

    No need to wait a year, just some sort of extra compensation for this. You also forgot that they didn’t warn us the boosts were not working once they discovered. I used some yesterday before I knew they were bugged, obviously Kabam was aware of it already.

    And I have used units to buy revives that I could have bought using loyalty. I decided to spend the loyalty in the boosts. And what about the boosts I got from the Alliance War Crystals ? How will we be compensated for that ?

    I agree that a detailed investigation mind not be possible or that it might take too long, but it still deserves some extra compensation, IMO.

    War crystal boosts are free. You didn't buy them at all so you shouldn't even get anything for them. You just want extra stuff. You are taking this opportunity to beg for more free stuff that wasn't part of the problem. You don't know when they found out as Adora has already said it was a very recent discovery.
    Tayyab82 wrote: »

    First of all since we are aware of issue now and we having this conversation on forum, I have right to put my points here. Argue upon it, don't use harsh words and try create a perception.

    Now back to my point. Do you get these boosts only from loyalty? From what I have seen War Crystal also often throws these boosts. The purpose of boost is to help your attack, never mind if you using it in war or quest, hence if boost ain't working as intended and someone has to use rev or potion he has all rights to ask for compensation.

    Also please check before writing, on other boosts I am clearly asking for a confirmation from Mods on whether they are working as intended or not since till 2 days back none of us were aware of issue with 8/ 10/ 12 boost. I don't see any wrong in it.

    Again, war crystals are free from either losing or winning. You didn't buy those crystals. Up until yesterday, you thought they worked just fine and now that you know they weren't you are trying to place blame of dying on the solely on the boosts themselves. Adora has already said compensation will only be loyalty. There is not 100% method to determine if you lost a fight because of the boost or your own skill.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,161 ★★★★★
    I used a ton on LOL and needed to use units because they did not work. Not crappy compensation and the oh we are sorry. This is a bigger deal then you are making it. Loyalty is not the main issue here. It is the units used for it not working and the deaths that occurred

    You didn't know they didn't work so you didn't use units because they didn't work. You are just now finding it out.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I used a ton on LOL and needed to use units because they did not work. Not crappy compensation and the oh we are sorry. This is a bigger deal then you are making it. Loyalty is not the main issue here. It is the units used for it not working and the deaths that occurred

    You didn't know they didn't work so you didn't use units because they didn't work. You are just now finding it out.

    Why are you being so rude and putting so much effort in trying to invalidate others opinions?

    We all have the right to express our opinions and Kabam is the only who should be answering us, not you. Unless you are speaking on their behalf.
  • Btw, war crystals are rewards and it is expected that they reward useful things , not placebos.
  • Tayyab82Tayyab82 Posts: 324 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

    No need to wait a year, just some sort of extra compensation for this. You also forgot that they didn’t warn us the boosts were not working once they discovered. I used some yesterday before I knew they were bugged, obviously Kabam was aware of it already.

    And I have used units to buy revives that I could have bought using loyalty. I decided to spend the loyalty in the boosts. And what about the boosts I got from the Alliance War Crystals ? How will we be compensated for that ?

    I agree that a detailed investigation mind not be possible or that it might take too long, but it still deserves some extra compensation, IMO.

    War crystal boosts are free. You didn't buy them at all so you shouldn't even get anything for them. You just want extra stuff. You are taking this opportunity to beg for more free stuff that wasn't part of the problem. You don't know when they found out as Adora has already said it was a very recent discovery.
    Tayyab82 wrote: »

    First of all since we are aware of issue now and we having this conversation on forum, I have right to put my points here. Argue upon it, don't use harsh words and try create a perception.

    Now back to my point. Do you get these boosts only from loyalty? From what I have seen War Crystal also often throws these boosts. The purpose of boost is to help your attack, never mind if you using it in war or quest, hence if boost ain't working as intended and someone has to use rev or potion he has all rights to ask for compensation.

    Also please check before writing, on other boosts I am clearly asking for a confirmation from Mods on whether they are working as intended or not since till 2 days back none of us were aware of issue with 8/ 10/ 12 boost. I don't see any wrong in it.

    Again, war crystals are free from either losing or winning. You didn't buy those crystals. Up until yesterday, you thought they worked just fine and now that you know they weren't you are trying to place blame of dying on the solely on the boosts themselves. Adora has already said compensation will only be loyalty. There is not 100% method to determine if you lost a fight because of the boost or your own skill.

    What free crystals you are talking about? Do you get those War crystal even when you are not participating. NO. So how come it's free. Will you call AW season rewards free? Will you be ok if those rewards you getting in the end doesn't work as intended? One have to participate putting time and effort to get these crystals and hence whatever Items we are getting from those crystals has to work. If they ain't, we have right to ask for compensation
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,161 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I used a ton on LOL and needed to use units because they did not work. Not crappy compensation and the oh we are sorry. This is a bigger deal then you are making it. Loyalty is not the main issue here. It is the units used for it not working and the deaths that occurred

    You didn't know they didn't work so you didn't use units because they didn't work. You are just now finding it out.

    Why are you being so rude and putting so much effort in trying to invalidate others opinions?

    We all have the right to express our opinions and Kabam is the only who should be answering us, not you. Unless you are speaking on their behalf.

    Because you are asking for compensation for something else besides the issue. You want more free stuff so you are using this as a platform to ask for it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,161 ★★★★★
    Tayyab82 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

    No need to wait a year, just some sort of extra compensation for this. You also forgot that they didn’t warn us the boosts were not working once they discovered. I used some yesterday before I knew they were bugged, obviously Kabam was aware of it already.

    And I have used units to buy revives that I could have bought using loyalty. I decided to spend the loyalty in the boosts. And what about the boosts I got from the Alliance War Crystals ? How will we be compensated for that ?

    I agree that a detailed investigation mind not be possible or that it might take too long, but it still deserves some extra compensation, IMO.

    War crystal boosts are free. You didn't buy them at all so you shouldn't even get anything for them. You just want extra stuff. You are taking this opportunity to beg for more free stuff that wasn't part of the problem. You don't know when they found out as Adora has already said it was a very recent discovery.
    Tayyab82 wrote: »

    First of all since we are aware of issue now and we having this conversation on forum, I have right to put my points here. Argue upon it, don't use harsh words and try create a perception.

    Now back to my point. Do you get these boosts only from loyalty? From what I have seen War Crystal also often throws these boosts. The purpose of boost is to help your attack, never mind if you using it in war or quest, hence if boost ain't working as intended and someone has to use rev or potion he has all rights to ask for compensation.

    Also please check before writing, on other boosts I am clearly asking for a confirmation from Mods on whether they are working as intended or not since till 2 days back none of us were aware of issue with 8/ 10/ 12 boost. I don't see any wrong in it.

    Again, war crystals are free from either losing or winning. You didn't buy those crystals. Up until yesterday, you thought they worked just fine and now that you know they weren't you are trying to place blame of dying on the solely on the boosts themselves. Adora has already said compensation will only be loyalty. There is not 100% method to determine if you lost a fight because of the boost or your own skill.

    What free crystals you are talking about? Do you get those War crystal even when you are not participating. NO. So how come it's free. Will you call AW season rewards free? Will you be ok if those rewards you getting in the end doesn't work as intended? One have to participate putting time and effort to get these crystals and hence whatever Items we are getting from those crystals has to work. If they ain't, we have right to ask for compensation

    War is free to participate in? You don't pay to play AW.... so yes they are free.
Sign In or Register to comment.