**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question re: account bans and titles

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So if any accounts get banned that had earned legend titles through potentially questionable means, would those titles then potentially be reviewed for people who previously just missed out? I know some people who just missed titles in speed runs who lost out to people who either had mercs doing it for them or otherwise blatantly cheating.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    All legend titles are reviewed before they are issued so no.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited July 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

like all LoL run supposedly were? If those cheats were undetectable for months maybe some might've snatched illegally a Legend title
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017

If you believe that then I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell ya.

I know of specific accounts that have legend titles that were bought by using mercs. They are out there in sizeable numbers.
    Fel_95 wrote: »

like all LoL run supposedly were? If those cheats were undetectable for months maybe some might've snatched illegally a Legend title
    If? Maybe? No ifs, ands, maybes or buts. The titles were reviewed and vetted by hand prior to being awarded.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »

I know of specific accounts that have legend titles that were bought by using mercs. They are out there in sizeable numbers.

I think that is harder to catch than the person using mods unless it is egregious like someone logging in from France and completing it for someone then logging back in from the USA.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155

If? Maybe? No ifs, ands, maybes or buts. The titles were reviewed and vetted by hand prior to being awarded.

And you know this because?
    Ja55 wrote: »

And you know this because?

It was mentioned in another thread by a moderator/administrator. I guess we do not really know for sure, but take them at their word.
    Sorry the tinfoil dunce cap upon your head precludes me from doing business with you.

Yeah you don't...
  • Idk where I can speak on the cheating post.. but this game says u can get 2-4* heros outta premium crystals and I have had 70+ plenty of times and bundle open them and get all 2 stars maybe 2 three stars but no 4*s.. I kno you guys top priority is the money but as a person that works a lot. I'll never win the feature hero in arenas when guys are fighting up 2 4-6 million points 2 win a hero! It's no possible way!? And it's also discouraging that a person in my position has 2 pay hundreds of dollars 2 keep up with these kids.. and I pay all my bills that is also impossible... sorry just venting but also tru
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Sorry the tinfoil dunce cap upon your head precludes me from doing business with you.

Yeah you don't...

Out of curiosity, are you receiving some back end kickbacks from all the Kabam brown nosing you do in these forums? Seriously it's pretty sad. Especially when you make claims with no tangible evidence "all titles are reviewed..."

It's farcical. Nobody takes it seriously, especially when anyone who has actually played for any period of time knows at least 3-4 illegitimate "legends"

We can't say with certainty, but Kabam said all legends runs were reviewed. It is possible they lied about that, and it is possible the review isn't perfect and cannot catch all forms of cheating. For example, if I literally hand my phone to my brother to play, that's all but impossible to detect.

But if the review process was unable to catch whatever form of cheating those players used, its unlikely to catch them if repeated. The more time elapses, the less likely it is that such a review would successfully catch a cheater. And if you believe they were lying about reviewing those runs, then it would be pointless to ask them anything at all since you wouldn't trust any answer they give.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Yeah you don't...

Out of curiosity, are you receiving some back end kickbacks from all the Kabam brown nosing you do in these forums? Seriously it's pretty sad. Especially when you make claims with no tangible evidence "all titles are reviewed..."

It's farcical. Nobody takes it seriously, especially when anyone who has actually played for any period of time knows at least 3-4 illegitimate "legends"

We can't say with certainty, but Kabam said all legends runs were reviewed. It is possible they lied about that, and it is possible the review isn't perfect and cannot catch all forms of cheating. For example, if I literally hand my phone to my brother to play, that's all but impossible to detect.

But if the review process was unable to catch whatever form of cheating those players used, its unlikely to catch them if repeated. The more time elapses, the less likely it is that such a review would successfully catch a cheater. And if you believe they were lying about reviewing those runs, then it would be pointless to ask them anything at all since you wouldn't trust any answer they give.

The issue is what does a "review" consist of? One IP address only doing the run? I know of they kept a list of suspected IPs that are tied to possible mercs it would be easily detectable. See if multiple runs are some by the same IP. See if runs are done under different IPs than the IP that the account usually logs in under. Possibly even a different country. It can be done, but I doubt much effort goes in to this as it does when it's LoL cheating.

Yeah you don't...

The issue is what does a "review" consist of? One IP address only doing the run? I know of they kept a list of suspected IPs that are tied to possible mercs it would be easily detectable. See if multiple runs are some by the same IP. See if runs are done under different IPs than the IP that the account usually logs in under. Possibly even a different country. It can be done, but I doubt much effort goes in to this as it does when it's LoL cheating.

I think it becomes a classic cost versus benefit scenario. You are probably right about them checking to see if mods are used to complete the Labyrinth. If that clears maybe they check to see what resources went into it to see and make sure that all seems okay on that front too. As far as digging into what IP addresses and what devices were used for it, I doubt they invest the time into deciphering that. But at some point is the time and cost it takes to investigate it that thoroughly really worth it? I know it is contentious, but as long as people using mods to beat it are caught then I can feel better about that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Yeah you don't...

I assume, because it is a reasonable assumption, that when they do their review one of the things they do is apply the same tests they are applying now to detect TOS violations. I don't see why they wouldn't. I'm not saying those tests are perfect, just that they are unlikely to generate different results when run twice.

Doing a legend run is shining a giant spotlight upon your activities. If Kabam is ever going to catch you cheating the game, I believe that would be the highest probability moment for them to do so. You could always get unlucky later, but the odds favor getting caught right then or not at all in my opinion, at least unless and until their techniques for reviewing gameplay change.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    IP means nothing, dynamic ones change every login sessions and VPN might mask or hide them. And all of this isn't illegal, so you can't use IP as a bulletproof search to find out these scammers.