**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Problem with dominos sp2

124»

Comments

• allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    Are the mods clueless to

Corvus sp2 charged
    Ghost sp2 guaranteed crit w/synergy
    CAIW sp2

All 3 do the most sp2 in game wayyyyy above domino

Also, the sp2 is already bugged NOONE talks about... if you read the sp2 is suppose to taunt the opponent. Yet NO taunt is put on the opponent..

Can anyone ballpark what her sp2 damage would've been if this was fixed and not errata'ed out? This UC EQ I was trying to get her sp2 to do the bonus damage because I run suicides. I saw some good damage numbers on the hits but not the bleed. However best damage I saw might've been ~30-35k on the hits, if I remember correctly.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Just realized they are nerfing her 100% they are removing the ability
    Before the physical hits still got the bonus but now they won’t

I'm sorry if it isn't clear, but this is not the case. An ability is not being removed.

The in-game description is being updated to accurately represent how the effect works and to clarify that the Bleed does not benefit from the Lucky bonus. However, if Domino is Lucky, the Special 2 will still benefit from the Attack Rating bonus.

I see the word-smith dance you’re trying to do. Better to be honest and transparent.

- Domino was bugged
    - Kabam realized changing bug would make her too powerful (by their standards)
    - Kabam decides to leave her in her current bugged form and just update the description to match this bugged form.

Domino will continue to work as before, so it’s not an additional decrease/nerf in her effectiveness. However, not fixing the bug to have Domino work as intended (as stated in her original abilities) does impact her effectiveness. That is a NERF.

I struggle to understand how something that doesn't change her at all is a nerf. You can still replicate every single video out there that has ever existed. Nothing about her is changing, she's going to work exactly the same as she did yesterday, today.

They realized that fixing a bug would make her game breakingly good. And if you've ever landed a crit, with suicides, on Domino's SP2, you'll understand exactly why that is the case.

Nothing about her is changing. Ergo, not a nerf.
    It technically is a nerf although fixing the bug like you said would make her game breaking

Here's the thing about everyone calling this a nerf. Here were (realistically) Kabam's options -
    • Say this is a bug and fix it. Her bleed becomes game-breaking and causes other issues. Community upset because of game-breaking-ness.
    • Say this is working as intended and there is no fix needed. Players realize that isn't the case, Kabam has to backtrack and admit otherwise. Community upset.
    • Say this is a bug, go to fix it, realize this is game-breaking and cannot be put out. Kabam admits as much, explains, and does not put out fix. Updates description. Community upset.

What were the options for them to do other than exactly what they did in this scenario? Would you have preferred them to lie, say this is working as intended, only for that to be disproven months later?

Kabam did everything we as a community have asked for in this case. They were upfront about the fact that it was a bug. They said they were going to fix it. When they realized they couldn't, they were upfront and honest about it, and admitted why.

In that series of scenarios, they did everything in their power to show us that this wasn't a nerf, and that this was the best possible outcome of this happening.

(For those that are saying that it would have been better for her to come out as a 100% working champion, while I agree with you, nothing in game development is ever perfect. Stuff is going to not work. That's just how it is. Don't like it, you can hop off the bus.)
  • go_nagaigo_nagai Posts: 9
    "If you were to Proc Lucky and place a bleed on your opponent, there was virtually no Opponent in game that Domino didn't completely melt"
    Ummmm....perhaps a bleed immune champ duh
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    allinashes wrote: »
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    Are the mods clueless to

Corvus sp2 charged
    Ghost sp2 guaranteed crit w/synergy
    CAIW sp2

All 3 do the most sp2 in game wayyyyy above domino

Also, the sp2 is already bugged NOONE talks about... if you read the sp2 is suppose to taunt the opponent. Yet NO taunt is put on the opponent..

Can anyone ballpark what her sp2 damage would've been if this was fixed and not errata'ed out? This UC EQ I was trying to get her sp2 to do the bonus damage because I run suicides. I saw some good damage numbers on the hits but not the bleed. However best damage I saw might've been ~30-35k on the hits, if I remember correctly.

The single best scenario for Domino's S2 is the following -
    -Max sig, resulting in high increased Critical Rating (5* sig 150 is a 233.33 crit rating increase)
    -Random Attack rating increase (1006.4 at sig mentioned above)
    -Random Critical damage rating increase (1400 at sig mentioned above)
    -Opponent is Unlucky (Same sig data - Opponent has -233.33 crit resistence, -370.59 block prof)
    -You are lucky (All data at sig mentioned above - +285.36 crit rating, +400 crit damage)
    -Suicides are on (see those increases, I don't have them on or I'd give you exact data)
    -Boosts are on

Using everything except for boosts, I saw a single hit of her S2 do 96k, and the last hit do 108k. (Note this was using Willpower-less suicides.) In the event of this actually working, if I was bleeding, I would have done DOUBLE those damage amounts, in addition to potentially stronger bleeds.
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Just realized they are nerfing her 100% they are removing the ability
    Before the physical hits still got the bonus but now they won’t

I'm sorry if it isn't clear, but this is not the case. An ability is not being removed.

The in-game description is being updated to accurately represent how the effect works and to clarify that the Bleed does not benefit from the Lucky bonus. However, if Domino is Lucky, the Special 2 will still benefit from the Attack Rating bonus.

I see the word-smith dance you’re trying to do. Better to be honest and transparent.

- Domino was bugged
    - Kabam realized changing bug would make her too powerful (by their standards)
    - Kabam decides to leave her in her current bugged form and just update the description to match this bugged form.

Domino will continue to work as before, so it’s not an additional decrease/nerf in her effectiveness. However, not fixing the bug to have Domino work as intended (as stated in her original abilities) does impact her effectiveness. That is a NERF.

I struggle to understand how something that doesn't change her at all is a nerf. You can still replicate every single video out there that has ever existed. Nothing about her is changing, she's going to work exactly the same as she did yesterday, today.

They realized that fixing a bug would make her game breakingly good. And if you've ever landed a crit, with suicides, on Domino's SP2, you'll understand exactly why that is the case.

Nothing about her is changing. Ergo, not a nerf.
    It technically is a nerf although fixing the bug like you said would make her game breaking

Here's the thing about everyone calling this a nerf. Here were (realistically) Kabam's options -
    • Say this is a bug and fix it. Her bleed becomes game-breaking and causes other issues. Community upset because of game-breaking-ness.
    • Say this is working as intended and there is no fix needed. Players realize that isn't the case, Kabam has to backtrack and admit otherwise. Community upset.
    • Say this is a bug, go to fix it, realize this is game-breaking and cannot be put out. Kabam admits as much, explains, and does not put out fix. Updates description. Community upset.

What were the options for them to do other than exactly what they did in this scenario? Would you have preferred them to lie, say this is working as intended, only for that to be disproven months later?

Kabam did everything we as a community have asked for in this case. They were upfront about the fact that it was a bug. They said they were going to fix it. When they realized they couldn't, they were upfront and honest about it, and admitted why.

In that series of scenarios, they did everything in their power to show us that this wasn't a nerf, and that this was the best possible outcome of this happening.

(For those that are saying that it would have been better for her to come out as a 100% working champion, while I agree with you, nothing in game development is ever perfect. Stuff is going to not work. That's just how it is. Don't like it, you can hop off the bus.)

I would’ve preferred them to test out champions abilities thoroughly before releasing them to see if they work as stated or if they are too op.
    They are a multi million dollar company, they shouldn’t be making these easily avoidable mistakes which seems to be happening on a regular basis.
    You should want the best out of the game, not accepting errors that can have an effect on the gameplay of certain champs or nodes or game modes etc.

This discussion has been closed.