Do do want rank down tickets this December?

1235

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,355 ★★★★★
    No
    Kb2_4 wrote: »
    I'm changing my vote to "yes". I don't really care, but if we get one for Christmas it'll be a blow to the Staunchly Opposed crowd lol

    I suppose I would be one of those, but on principle alone. Doesn't affect me personally if people get them. I'll still use mine for Level-Up. Lol. Take down the Champ, Level them again. The bigger issue for me is the other 364 days people ask. XD

    I will say they are asked for entirely to much....but at the end of the year..absolutely give a 4* or 2 and a 5* or a choice of two 4* rdt or 1 5*rdt

    I think that's part of the problem, though. Do it once, and the expectation is that it's given every year.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,699 ★★★★★
    Don't really care
    Kb2_4 wrote: »
    I'm changing my vote to "yes". I don't really care, but if we get one for Christmas it'll be a blow to the Staunchly Opposed crowd lol

    I suppose I would be one of those, but on principle alone. Doesn't affect me personally if people get them. I'll still use mine for Level-Up. Lol. Take down the Champ, Level them again. The bigger issue for me is the other 364 days people ask. XD

    I will say they are asked for entirely to much....but at the end of the year..absolutely give a 4* or 2 and a 5* or a choice of two 4* rdt or 1 5*rdt

    I think that's part of the problem, though. Do it once, and the expectation is that it's given every year.

    Honestly that wouldn't be so bad though. If people expected them at Christmas it could help to quash the constant requests throughout the year. Probably not, but maybe lol
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,437
    No
    Kb2_4 wrote: »
    I'm changing my vote to "yes". I don't really care, but if we get one for Christmas it'll be a blow to the Staunchly Opposed crowd lol

    I suppose I would be one of those, but on principle alone. Doesn't affect me personally if people get them. I'll still use mine for Level-Up. Lol. Take down the Champ, Level them again. The bigger issue for me is the other 364 days people ask. XD

    I will say they are asked for entirely to much....but at the end of the year..absolutely give a 4* or 2 and a 5* or a choice of two 4* rdt or 1 5*rdt

    I think that's part of the problem, though. Do it once, and the expectation is that it's given every year.

    Honestly that wouldn't be so bad though. If people expected them at Christmas it could help to quash the constant requests throughout the year. Probably not, but maybe lol

    Problem is, it didn't. When MD was changed, people were SCREAMING that they deserved them. When older characters were buffed, they BEGGED for them. When AW had a Bleed-immune global node, people INSISTED that they deserved them.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,699 ★★★★★
    Don't really care
    Kb2_4 wrote: »
    I'm changing my vote to "yes". I don't really care, but if we get one for Christmas it'll be a blow to the Staunchly Opposed crowd lol

    I suppose I would be one of those, but on principle alone. Doesn't affect me personally if people get them. I'll still use mine for Level-Up. Lol. Take down the Champ, Level them again. The bigger issue for me is the other 364 days people ask. XD

    I will say they are asked for entirely to much....but at the end of the year..absolutely give a 4* or 2 and a 5* or a choice of two 4* rdt or 1 5*rdt

    I think that's part of the problem, though. Do it once, and the expectation is that it's given every year.

    Honestly that wouldn't be so bad though. If people expected them at Christmas it could help to quash the constant requests throughout the year. Probably not, but maybe lol

    Problem is, it didn't. When MD was changed, people were SCREAMING that they deserved them. When older characters were buffed, they BEGGED for them. When AW had a Bleed-immune global node, people INSISTED that they deserved them.

    Sure. But if they give them this year it will become more of a thing. Like I said it may not make a difference but I can see how it could. Also rank downs for MD are perfectly reasonable. The requests for older character buffs and the AW global node were absurd though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,355 ★★★★★
    No
    Give a man a fish...
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 633 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes I want one for my 5* Dormamu who is no longer useful on defense after the MD nerf. He was ranked strictly to help my alliance on defense. We should have gotten RDT's then. I'll take one now like we got last year.

    The people saying no make no sense. Let it expire if you don't want to use it. If this was just about punishing poor decision making that is one thing...but this year there is a legitimate basis in fairness to give them out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,355 ★★★★★
    No
    A change to MD wasn't legitimate at all. They compensated for the change to the Mastery. People used the OP Mastery for a long time and earned Rewards as a result of that. Nothing changed in regards to the Champs. If that's the case, the Rewards earned with it should be returned as well.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 186
    Don't really care
    RDTs refunded EVERYTHING first time they were handed out. We then got a limp, supremely nerfed shadow of them the 2nd time around which led me not to care for them anymore.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,322 ★★★★
    Can we all just stop this nearly two year long back and forth over RDTs and laugh at the thread title when said aloud? Do do, which is what these discussion are after nearly two years. Opposition just needs to say their piece and move on if a thread pops up. RDTs for alot of people are akin to religion or politics you will not be making headway and will be talking to a brick wall, move on.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 763 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    VulcanM wrote: »
    It's lazy.

    most people are apparently.

    For most it's just people who are upset they ranked up a champ early on. It's a decision they made. Deal with it.

    For a silver alliance you just haven't rank or probably have excess ranking materials still for all your checks
    Give a man a fish...

    A man gotta eat daily... only asking for 1 a year
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 354
    Yes
    Once a year is the perfect balance.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,355 ★★★★★
    No
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    VulcanM wrote: »
    It's lazy.

    most people are apparently.

    For most it's just people who are upset they ranked up a champ early on. It's a decision they made. Deal with it.

    For a silver alliance you just haven't rank or probably have excess ranking materials still for all your checks
    Give a man a fish...

    A man gotta eat daily... only asking for 1 a year

    No, people have been asking for one a day for about 2 years.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 354
    Yes
    TKS87 wrote: »
    With how much things change in the game, I think yearly RDT's are a good idea. The meta changes a lot with new characters coming in every month. Not to mention adjustments to things like MD and dex. The opportunity to readjust one's roster a bit would be a nice gift. Even if it's just one 4* and one 5* ticket.

  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 763 ★★★
    Yes
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    VulcanM wrote: »
    It's lazy.

    most people are apparently.

    For most it's just people who are upset they ranked up a champ early on. It's a decision they made. Deal with it.

    For a silver alliance you just haven't rank or probably have excess ranking materials still for all your checks
    Give a man a fish...

    A man gotta eat daily... only asking for 1 a year

    No, people have been asking for one a day for about 2 years.

    Yes I do agree with that part.... unfortunately.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 354
    Yes
    VulcanM wrote: »
    It's lazy.

    most people are apparently.

    For most it's just people who are upset they ranked up a champ early on. It's a decision they made. Deal with it.


    Yeah, they ranked up Dormmamu and then MD was nerfed. :-/
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,590 ★★★★
    Yes
    I don't see the problem with giving them annually on Christmas like last year. If you don't have a use for them, dont use them. Why does it bother anyone that someone else might want to use them for whatever reason? Everyone is given the equal opportunity to take advantage of the same thing at the same time, just because you don't personally want to use them or have a use for them why begrudge a stranger having no bearing on you from utilizing them?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,355 ★★★★★
    No
    A change to MD wasn't legitimate at all. They compensated for the change to the Mastery. People used the OP Mastery for a long time and earned Rewards as a result of that. Nothing changed in regards to the Champs. If that's the case, the Rewards earned with it should be returned as well.

    I get that you don't get this because you mistakenly believe that masteries are not a part of champion design despite specific examples to the contrary, but champs were ranked solely for defense and used to get kills. They no longer get kills. The Champ is no longer useful for the only reason they were ranked. It's fine if you don't agree but to say that it isn't a legitimate request is frankly absurd.

    Sorry, but I disagree. Getting those Kills isn't an intrinsical part of their design. They got them because the Mastery was OP.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,322 ★★★★
    Come on now, didn’t you two beat this horse to death in another thread?
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 341 ★★
    I vote Yes, with a caveat. Should only be used on mystics since they were basically nerfed with the change to MD. I am sure there are plenty of r4 Mordos that people would take down if they could.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 633 ★★★
    Yes
    A change to MD wasn't legitimate at all. They compensated for the change to the Mastery. People used the OP Mastery for a long time and earned Rewards as a result of that. Nothing changed in regards to the Champs. If that's the case, the Rewards earned with it should be returned as well.

    I get that you don't get this because you mistakenly believe that masteries are not a part of champion design despite specific examples to the contrary, but champs were ranked solely for defense and used to get kills. They no longer get kills. The Champ is no longer useful for the only reason they were ranked. It's fine if you don't agree but to say that it isn't a legitimate request is frankly absurd.

    Sorry, but I disagree. Getting those Kills isn't an intrinsical part of their design. They got them because the Mastery was OP.

    There would be 95% less R4 and up Dormamus in the game if it wasn't for that mastery so nerfing it did ruin the character. I get that you want to argue against RDT but the reality is they are warranted. The character was changed after he was ranked with that mastery in mind. A mastery they said was working as intended and would not be changed. Thus many players were for lack of a better term screwed.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,699 ★★★★★
    Don't really care
    A change to MD wasn't legitimate at all. They compensated for the change to the Mastery. People used the OP Mastery for a long time and earned Rewards as a result of that. Nothing changed in regards to the Champs. If that's the case, the Rewards earned with it should be returned as well.

    I get that you don't get this because you mistakenly believe that masteries are not a part of champion design despite specific examples to the contrary, but champs were ranked solely for defense and used to get kills. They no longer get kills. The Champ is no longer useful for the only reason they were ranked. It's fine if you don't agree but to say that it isn't a legitimate request is frankly absurd.

    Sorry, but I disagree. Getting those Kills isn't an intrinsical part of their design. They got them because the Mastery was OP.

    Kabam has stated that some champs are designed defensively so yes, it is. And yes @CoatHang3r we did. Did you have a point? Lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,355 ★★★★★
    No
    A change to MD wasn't legitimate at all. They compensated for the change to the Mastery. People used the OP Mastery for a long time and earned Rewards as a result of that. Nothing changed in regards to the Champs. If that's the case, the Rewards earned with it should be returned as well.

    I get that you don't get this because you mistakenly believe that masteries are not a part of champion design despite specific examples to the contrary, but champs were ranked solely for defense and used to get kills. They no longer get kills. The Champ is no longer useful for the only reason they were ranked. It's fine if you don't agree but to say that it isn't a legitimate request is frankly absurd.

    Sorry, but I disagree. Getting those Kills isn't an intrinsical part of their design. They got them because the Mastery was OP.

    There would be 95% less R4 and up Dormamus in the game if it wasn't for that mastery so nerfing it did ruin the character. I get that you want to argue against RDT but the reality is they are warranted. The character was changed after he was ranked with that mastery in mind. A mastery they said was working as intended and would not be changed. Thus many players were for lack of a better term screwed.

    No, he wasn't changed. The Mastery was. Which they compensated for. I keep mentioning that, but it's not getting through.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,355 ★★★★★
    No
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Come on now, didn’t you two beat this horse to death in another thread?

    Yeah you're right. It won't go anywhere. Moving on.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,699 ★★★★★
    Don't really care
    Also the mastery was working as intended regardless of whether or not it was op, and it was the basis for ranking decisions. Again, disagree if you want that rank downs were necessary but to say that the request was illegitimate is to be out of touch with how the game works.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 2,322 ★★★★
    A change to MD wasn't legitimate at all. They compensated for the change to the Mastery. People used the OP Mastery for a long time and earned Rewards as a result of that. Nothing changed in regards to the Champs. If that's the case, the Rewards earned with it should be returned as well.

    I get that you don't get this because you mistakenly believe that masteries are not a part of champion design despite specific examples to the contrary, but champs were ranked solely for defense and used to get kills. They no longer get kills. The Champ is no longer useful for the only reason they were ranked. It's fine if you don't agree but to say that it isn't a legitimate request is frankly absurd.

    Sorry, but I disagree. Getting those Kills isn't an intrinsical part of their design. They got them because the Mastery was OP.

    Kabam has stated that some champs are designed defensively so yes, it is. And yes @CoatHang3r we did. Did you have a point? Lol
    Sure, you’ve already had this discussion and beat it to death, recently. But that was already stated. I guess i’m just tired of my feed being 50% GW and LeNoir disagreeing with each other on the same exact thing regardless of the thread.
  • Don't really care
    They didn't compensate anything for MD. They REFUNDED IT. Then gave you the option to put it back in it's changed form. There is difference. The act of compensation is something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering. A refund on the other hand is pay back for something. So no, no one was compensated for the changes in MD. They were refunded with an option to buy the new product. That would be like buying a phone, and a specialty case for it. The company recalls the phone, pays you back in full for it. Now you're stuck with a useless case as the new version has changed, and no longer fits. The case in itself, isn't flawed. However, it's now useless to you.

    So if they were in fact compensated, they would've recieved the pay back and then Mystic Class RDTs (as that's what most are using for justification here) as recompense for the loss in their usefulness. No one can deny that Mystic champs took a hit defensively speaking when they changed Dex and MD. Something, like many have said, was said to be working 'as per design' for a LONG time. So now players have certain champs collecting dust in their roster as a result. Don't try and spin it any other way.

    At the end of the day, if there were a scheduled dispersal of a VERY LIMITED number of these things yearly, and it was made clear that was it. Once a year. These threads would be less and less. I do agree, too many people ask for them ALL TOO OFTEN. Fact. However, that doesn't change the fact there's a reason for such. If people were met in the middle, I think it would help everyone in the end. Then it could be said, wait til the end of the year and you'll get your chance to change something. In the mean time, stop asking.

    Now, on a final note, they aren't gonna be game changers. So perhaps, and this is coming from someone who could take or leave them, be patient. We've seen old champs suddenly become useful in Uncollected EQs over theast few months. Wouldn't it be a shame if you used a RDT on such a champ that was suddenly KEY to easily putting a boss on ice? Then you'd have to chase down those resources again, lol. With a limited time frame taboot!!! As I see it, let em have a couple, and let them deal with the outcomes. Be they good or bad, that's remained to be seen. As long as it was a choice given, they'd have no one to blame but themselves. I get the MD arguement. I do. However, other than that, nothing else was changed so much in 2018 that would warrant these RDTs. These are my last words on this matter. Carry on everyone.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 633 ★★★
    Yes
    A change to MD wasn't legitimate at all. They compensated for the change to the Mastery. People used the OP Mastery for a long time and earned Rewards as a result of that. Nothing changed in regards to the Champs. If that's the case, the Rewards earned with it should be returned as well.

    I get that you don't get this because you mistakenly believe that masteries are not a part of champion design despite specific examples to the contrary, but champs were ranked solely for defense and used to get kills. They no longer get kills. The Champ is no longer useful for the only reason they were ranked. It's fine if you don't agree but to say that it isn't a legitimate request is frankly absurd.

    Sorry, but I disagree. Getting those Kills isn't an intrinsical part of their design. They got them because the Mastery was OP.

    There would be 95% less R4 and up Dormamus in the game if it wasn't for that mastery so nerfing it did ruin the character. I get that you want to argue against RDT but the reality is they are warranted. The character was changed after he was ranked with that mastery in mind. A mastery they said was working as intended and would not be changed. Thus many players were for lack of a better term screwed.

    No, he wasn't changed. The Mastery was. Which they compensated for. I keep mentioning that, but it's not getting through.

    The basis for ranking him was changed. It is disingenuous to think otherwise but it is your choice if you want to.
Sign In or Register to comment.