**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam ruined our entire war season.

We had to wait 45+ mins to find a match last war. This time we were at another 45 when time expired and lost an entire match. That basically takes us out of the running for Plat 3 which we hit for the first time just last season.

Beyond frustrated. We have been starting wars between 7-8:30 EST forever and it has never been a problem. Kabam, if match making now takes way longer than the usual 5 mins it used to take you have to issue a MASSIVE WARNING! Please do not respond saying “sometimes it takes time to find a partner... etc etc. it has always taken around 5 mins! Please tell us what to do... season just started and it’s already over due to technical difficulties.

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Well you wait until the last minute to match... Not sure how its their fault really. Match making opens at 12 central. Why you risk not finding a match is beyond me.

I agree. Enough allies at that level do not want to risk getting burned (like the OP), so there will be fewer and fewer allies looking for a match at that time. If you want guaranteed matches, do it when there are more allies looking for matches.

It's like going to the bar and waiting for last call before trying to find a partner to go home with. Eventually you will find that everyone went home early...

That being said, I also agree with the OP that matchmaking is less than ideal.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Andrewkole wrote: »
    But we have started at 8:30 all the time and it never takes more than 5 mins or so. How can we expect that it is going to suddenly take 45+ two matches in a row? This has never been close to an issue. Obviously we are going to need to change course but this was totally out of the blue. We have been doing the same thing forever... this isn’t last call.

Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Well you wait until the last minute to match... Not sure how its their fault really. Match making opens at 12 central. Why you risk not finding a match is beyond me.

I agree. Enough allies at that level do not want to risk getting burned (like the OP), so there will be fewer and fewer allies looking for a match at that time. If you want guaranteed matches, do it when there are more allies looking for matches.

It's like going to the bar and waiting for last call before trying to find a partner to go home with. Eventually you will find that everyone went home early...

Again, there's never been a guarantee that you'll find a match right away. This has always been the risk and this time, it went the other way. If you flip a coin 50 times and somehow get tails 49 times in a row, you cant be mad to get heads on the 50th because it was always tails.
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Blame everyone else except the obvious.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Entire matchmaking system is an embarrassment.

Even the reputable tier 1 alliances are matching against tier 2 alliances this season. Kabam should at least award tier 2 alliances the tier 1 points multiplier when they get screwed like that.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    We had a similar issue except we couldn't find a matchup in 1 hour in 20 minutes. Oh well, what else can you expect from Kabam except bumbles
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    But we have started at 8:30 all the time and it never takes more than 5 mins or so. How can we expect that it is going to suddenly take 45+ two matches in a row? This has never been close to an issue. Obviously we are going to need to change course but this was totally out of the blue. We have been doing the same thing forever... this isn’t last call.

Again, there's never been a guarantee that you'll find a match right away. This has always been the risk and this time, it went the other way. If you flip a coin 50 times and somehow get tails 49 times in a row, you cant be mad to get heads on the 50th because it was always tails.

what is a reasonable time...we waiting over an hour and 20?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018

We had to wait a little to start the 1st war because we had a guy leaving and were waiting on a recruit. Wasn't too long though and had plenty of time. Every war has taken between an hour and a half to three hours to find a match though, and we finally were unable to find one this last war. The system is broken. Nice try though

what is a reasonable time...we waiting over an hour and 20?

We match at 2pm central and it takes minutes. Again, the closer you get to the cutoff, the more risk you have.

We had to wait a little to start the 1st war because we had a guy leaving and were waiting on a recruit. Wasn't too long though and had plenty of time. Every war has taken between an hour and a half to three hours to find a match though, and we finally were unable to find one this last war. The system is broken. Nice try though

So if every war takes that long, why not try earlier? Maybe more alliances are searching earlier so you waiting is taking longer? But hey, it's never the players fault, always the system. Nice try yourself.

So if every war takes that long, why not try earlier? Maybe more alliances are searching earlier so you waiting is taking longer? But hey, it's never the players fault, always the system. Nice try yourself.

We tried as early as possible. It is sometimes the player's fault. In this case (and many others) it was the system's fault. Assuming that people that got screwed waited until the last minute is absurd.

We tried as early as possible. It is sometimes the player's fault. In this case (and many others) it was the system's fault. Assuming that people that got screwed waited until the last minute is absurd.

There's always something you can do differently. Just because you didnt match doesnt automatically make it the systems fault either.
    No, there isn't always something you can do differently. Sometimes it's just the system lol
    So you are saying there isn't anything you could have done period to prevent it? You tried starting wars earlier than normal? You tried starting a war as soon as it opens? You did all of that and still couldn't find a match? Or did you keep doing what you always have done and started it at the same time as always and ended up not matching this time but now its the systems fault?

If you tried matching right when War is open and never found a match, then yeah just like MMXIV you'd have a case, but if you aren't even trying to mix up times when you match after the reset, thats on you.
    So you are saying there isn't anything you could have done period to prevent it? You tried starting wars earlier than normal? You tried starting a war as soon as it opens? You did all of that and still couldn't find a match? Or did you keep doing what you always have done and started it at the same time as always and ended up not matching this time but now its the systems fault?

If you tried matching right when War is open and never found a match, then yeah just like MMXIV you'd have a case, but if you aren't even trying to mix up times when you match after the reset, thats on you.

Yes, that's what I am saying. No manipulation of start times lol
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    It's funny how certain alliances wait more than 8 hours trying to get matched to a lower tier, but get mad when it doesn't work.
    peasant wrote: »
    It's funny how certain alliances wait more than 8 hours trying to get matched to a lower tier, but get mad when it doesn't work.

We have never attempted to manipulate matchmaking. I'm mad because we can't fight a war due to multiple extended searches. It would be far better to get mismatched with a master alliance and lose then to miss a war. Other alliances also missed wars due to not finding matches. I'd be happy to play against any one of them this war regardless of war rating. Missing a war is the kiss of death and our entire season is now screwed before initial rankings even come out.
  • SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 177
    peasant wrote: »

Exactly.....poor leadership
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I just want to point out that matchmaking later in the day isn't always an attempt to get matched up with lower alliance... My alliances usually starts matchmaking at 7 PM and it is solely for the purpose of convenience of all alliance members.